Ladies SP - 2014 4CC | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 4CC

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Glad Zijun recovered right on time. I am looking forward to seeing an even better performance in Sochi. I do hope she and other Chinese ladies, can improve their skating skills and presentation, probably taking more dance trainings lessons.

Kexin Zhang and Ziquan Zhao both have 3-3, but they are going to be buried deep if they don't improve other than jumps.

Satoko MIYAHARA's height does her no good in PCS at all. She has very good skating skills and interpretation; but her overall height and serious-looking/old lady-looking face (I mean she is somehow naturally in that way) combination would find it hard to project her personality. You can be little and cute, little and youthful, but little and mature/serious is a bad combination.

Mirai's performance is not unexpected. Except for the first jump, I don't see much difference between her 4cc and national performance. Although it may not be a good thing to do, I believe in order to go back to her 2010 level, she should loose some weight. I am not saying she is overweight as an average person, but to be honest, almost all top skaters look underweight. A lighter body would make jumps look easier, spins more appealing to the eyes… Look at Adelina, and Gracie, and even Ksenia STOLBOVA for pairs.

astronaut

Rinkside
:popcorn:
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.73 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Zijun LI (CHN) - 62.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 62.72 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 60.27 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 57.48 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 57.40 Short Program
7. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 56.36 Short Program
8. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 55.91 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 55.39 Short Program
10. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 55.19

Ladies SP Complete Groups 1+2, Ladies SP Complete Groups 3+4

Thanks for posting detailed results and special thanks for the video links. So far, Mirai is not making a strong case for "I should be going to the Olympics". I like Samantha Cesario and would love to see her move up in the freeskates. :popcorn:

Mike

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
So now every time Mirai has a subpar performance, her ubers are going to blame USFS? I'm sure Mirai isn't blaming USFS for messing up the combo, or her coach either. Mirai is the one out on the ice, not USFS. She is the one being graded for her performance, and I'm sure she is well aware of that. Maybe her fans ought to be as well.

I think in the case of all of the US skaters at 4CC there was not a lot of time between Nationals and this event. Tapei is not around the corner lol. I hope she skates well in the long and then buckles down with Mura to work on everything for next season.

Soo happy for Zijun Li! She is awesome!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was more time between 4CC and Nationals this year than there usually is. And it's hardest for the men, who had their FS last, on January 12th.

There have been occasions when there was less than a week between the end of Nationals and the start of 4CC, with 4CC in Asia.

burntBREAD

Medalist
There was more time between 4CC and Nationals this year than there usually is. And it's hardest for the men, who had their FS last, on January 12th.

There have been occasions when there was less than a week between the end of Nationals and the start of 4CC, with 4CC in Asia.

I thought it's about the same. Usually Four Continents is in early February and US Nationals is late January, so still ~ a week in between.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
So happy for Zijun! That was a very decent performance. I watched the top three and Mirai's. It seems Zijun's PCS is relatively low. She should have got second highest PCS among the four IMHO. I do believe Zijun needs to show more sexy and passionate and sharp expression, and her move should show more power. The skating was powerful, just the movement of the arms not that sharp/powerful. A bit too sweet for a tango. Still it's amazing to see her skate a near clean SP. I guess a little bit dance training will bring her PCS to the high 7s even 8s. She get everything else, just need some tweak in facial expression and attitude. Go girl!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
To be honest, I think Zijun's arms are very stiff; She uses her wrist or fingers to deliver the choreography sometimes but her upper arm and forearm have always moved like one piece. Korean ladies at this competition have much better arm movements than the Chinese ladies overall, which made me feel it is something her coach should pay attention to. I really hate to see a Zijun with no improvement in this area, looking at how much Gracie has improved in a matter of several months...

samson

Medalist
on another thread burntBREAD said that according to rosewood on FSU the Japanese media stated that Mura is Mirai's temporary coach for the time being, and that she also got ill right after nationals (somehow that doesn't surprise me) and has been fervently working hard to be ready for 4CC.

Unfortunately I have no idea where the actual source came from but if the account is true then it adds some perspective.

On a totally superficial note, I really liked Mirai's styling in the sp. I thought the pink lip was a really nice color for her.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I agree that Zijun needs to work on her presentation. She needs to be more smooth with her movements and express more.

After that, she can be one of the best in the world.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Poor Mirai I thought she could win this one; but it will be hard; the scores are tight so she could move up a lot but 9th is a huge disappointment - actually I thought the Aericans would do better. Canada really didn`t look good. I think Amelie Lacoste might realize she is being shown the door - I remember a skater from canada years ago Jennifer Robinson - a a fine person I am sure but she was doing 7 painful triple programs and she was sewered like in 14th.

Yeah, Jennifer Robinson really struggled internationally for years. She was never really able to break into the top ranks. I think the best she did was 6th in the FS at 2000 Nice Worlds. One of Robinson's many challenges was that she was so tall for a single skater (5'7). It made jumping more difficult and she was a bit ungainly and awkward. But a nice lady who I met and talked to a couple times. She said her exhibition program "Simple Gifts" was her Dad's favourite program.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.73 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
2. Zijun LI (CHN) - 62.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 62.72 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 60.27 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 57.48 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 57.40 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 56.36 Short Program
8. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 55.91 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 55.39 Short Program
10. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 55.19

Ladies SP Complete Groups 1+2, Ladies SP Complete Groups 3+4