Ladies SP - 2014 4CC | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 4CC

MUALover

Rinkside
Kexin Zhang has no charisma. Her skating skills isn't that bad.

It's hard to be a figure skater. If you have a figure like Kim Yuna, you don't need to do anything - you can just skate fast and flap your arms and your PCS will be through the roof. Everytime I see Kexin Zhang, I just think "her head is a tad bit big".

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Music: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto

Three-tone purple asymmetric dress

StSq
3Lz+3T - small, maybe UR
LSp
3F
FCSp
2A
CCoSp - nice change of direction

Lovely elegant skate, should take the lead for now

SP: 34.07+26.20 = 60.27 (PB), in 1st (out of 12)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

It's hard to be a figure skater. If you have a figure like Kim Yuna, you don't need to do anything - you can just skate fast and flap your arms and your PCS will be through the roof. Everytime I see Kexin Zhang, I just think "her head is a tad bit big".

:scratch:

Icey

Record Breaker
Miki used that music when she was with Carol Heiss for the Olympics

She had flair and style

MUALover

Rinkside
:scratch:

What I mean is with Kim Yuna's figure, she just has a very elegant look on the ice. It's hard to explain.

Her recent performances the season shows that she's not at her peak in terms of her skating. But still, she just oozes elegance. I think it's because her arms and legs are longer and her head is smaller - she has the ballerina's ideal proportions.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Oh yeah that is EXACTLY what she does!!!! Unfair isn't it? Get use to it! She can skate too! :sarcasm:

lady_bee

Medalist
Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN):love:

She is getting better & better evrytime she skates:clap:

I am happy that she is skating with my faborite music!
I would give extra points whoever skate with it!

zamboni step

Final Flight

Sorry....what?? :laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Music: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto

Three-tone purple asymmetric dress

StSq
3Lz+3T - small, maybe UR
LSp
3F
FCSp
2A
CCoSp - nice change of direction

Lovely elegant skate, should take the lead for now

SP: 34.07+26.20 = 60.27 (PB), in 1st (out of 12)

A bit over marked for me, nice packaging perfect for her diminutive size, and tiny dainty everything, and they probably rerecorded the music just for her... but seriously this is skating!!!! A sport!!!!

She also lacks Charisma for me, compares to the likes of Mao, Kanako, Akiko.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Courtney HICKS (USA)

Music: "Angelica" by Hans Zimmer

Black asymmetrick dress, red under skirt. Criss-cross straps in back. Red rose in hair

3F+3T - landed, but definitely 3T<< on replay (maybe twofooted)
LSp
StSq
FCSp
3Lz - solid
1A
CCoSp

She can't afford these silly jump mistakes, when her PCS needs so much more work. Every move she does looks sloppy and unfinished

SP: 29.54+26.82 = 56.36 (PB), in 2nd (out of 13)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Sakoto was very elegant indeed, although I think her score in CH and IN was perhaps a bit much. She seemed to skate to a different song than what was played.

zamboni step

Final Flight
A bit over marked for me, nice packaging perfect for her diminutive size, and tiny dainty everything, and they probably rerecorded the music just for her... but seriously this is skating!!!! A sport!!!!

Her PCS was ridiculous for someone with such good SS and CH.

Orange Cat

On the Ice

And Satoko landed her jumps and has nice spins and skating skills, and a well choreographed program that she performs beautifully, so why shouldn't she be in 1st? Her TES are significantly higher than her PCS, it's not like she got marked up for elegance.

Courtney skated well :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel

Red dress w/ lots of cutouts. Gold and silver detailing on straps. Headband

3Lo+2Lo
3F - very low landing, hand down, maybe <
FSSp
2A - bit scratchy
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Ending a bit after music, she hits her head. Far from her best with some jump mistakes.

SP: 28.96+26.23 = 55.19, in 4th (out of 14)

zamboni step

Final Flight
I despise Courtney's general package but that 3Lz was the best jump of the competition so far. :thumbsup:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
And Satoko landed her jumps and has nice spins and skating skills, and a well choreographed program that she performs beautifully, so why shouldn't she be in 1st? Her TES are significantly higher than her PCS, it's not like she got marked up for elegance.

Courtney skated well :)

It is an overall impression and impact. She is talented but very junior. She lacks maturity and frankly this is clever packaging over substance, she could have skated to anything. This is a great program to complement her though.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It is an overall impression and impact. She is talented but very junior. She lacks maturity and frankly this is clever packaging over substance, she could have skated to anything. This is a great program to complement her though.
Maybe the choice of music wasn't that clever. She did not seem overly sensitive to it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Violin Muse, Chaconne

Purple, grey and black swirly printed dress, open back

3T+3T - solid, but maybe 3T<+3T< on replay
CCoSp
FSSp
3F
2A
StSq
LSp

Very solid skate, should easily take the lead so far (barring URs)

SP: 35.64+29.09 = 64.73 (SB), in 1st (out of 15)