New skaters added to COI | Golden Skate

New skaters added to COI

So glad to see Shen and Zhao FINALLY able to skate in the US on tour. So many more people will now be able to see them live and they will be able to experience the love people have for them in city after city, night after night. Glad the Chinese Federation is working with COI on this.
Rgirl

Matt

On the Ice
I'm surprised; that's a pretty scant tour for COI. They're not coming to the Great Plains at all:( . Is that because of money reasons?

Thank you for that info!!! I'm going to the show in Philly in April. I've been hoping so very much that Shen/Zhao would be added to the cast, they will be sooo exciting to see! And I just love Jenny Kirk and Belbin/Agosto...Tanith and Ben are sooo fun to watch skate. I hope they'll all be in Philly! We saw Johnny Weir last year or the year before, or maybe both years, I can't clarify my memory!:confused:

alhuncc

Rinkside
COI is apparently planning a second tour to occur some time after the completion of the first. It's noted on the news page of the COI web site. They promise word shortly about what cities are included.

In a recent article about Dorothy Hamill, she mentions doing the COI tour this season. Since she isn't scheduled on the first tour, perhaps she will be on the second.

Amanda

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Excited to see Johnny Weir and Shen and Zhao....where's Michael Weiss I wonder...........if this is their only schedule, I'd have to travel to L.A. to see them perform......42

amykaren

On the Ice
I will not be going this year because the prices are outragous. In order to sit in a spot where you can see the skaters, you have to pay between $65- $95 a ticket. Who can afford that??

I am going to SOI because the tickets were $47 for me and $10 each for my two kids. I would love to see Shen & Zhao but alas I am not wealthy. :sheesh:

MinnMan

Rinkside
Hi Amykaren,

I agree with you. We saw SOI in St Paul MN, and I think tickets in row 9 cost me under $60.00. COI is pricing thereselves out of the business. Last year we (Dr Williams and I) went to Ames IA and we could not see the close corner of the ice, but we had a great time. I got post skate passes, so we got to talk to several of the skaters. Most of them are very kind and good people.

I am still hoping to get some good tickets for COI in Chicago. ??? wait and see???

Minnman ============= John

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
COI and SOI come so rarely to Fresno, that when they do, I just grit my teeth, hand over my credit card, hide my eyes, and then try to intercept the bill before my hubby sees it..............;) 42

MinnMan

Rinkside
Hi Amykaren

I just got my ticket for COI in Chicago on April 18th. Two tickets in row 3 at $125.00 a ticket. It better be a good show. I am sure it will be. If the prices keep going up this may be the last time.

MinnMan

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, great seats.........we want a full report when you get back................:) 42

I'm row 3 for April 10th in Philly--$95.00 per seat.
We paid $100 per seat for On-Ice for SOI.
Wonder why COI is becoming so costly?
Kristi's Salute to American Music was only $47 per seat, we were row 15. All lower level seats were $47 for that show(possibly ALL seats were that price, I can't recall).

ouridol

On the Ice
I wish I could go! :( I would love to see Tanith/ben, Jenny, Johnny, and Shen/Zhao along with the regular cast!! I'm so glad that they are finally getting added...:)

Getting back to the 'stars' of COI. I saw Shen and Zhao in DC Worlds LIVE. Incredibly beautiful compeitors and performers. Only a meltdown will keep them from gold in Dortmund.

I am a big fan of Weir for many years. Not only among the male skaters, but all the skaters, he has, imo, the best stroking in figure skating. Maybe even moreso than Yuka. However, I have not yet seen a style. Lyrical, yes! but what else? If you consider Sasha Abt, he not only had that incredible stroking, and that lyrical intensity but he had a style of his own. This is what I am waiting for from Johnny. Maybe COI will bring this out.

Anyway, the cast is worth going.

Joe

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
Minniman, I think $125 two tickets row 3 are worth. Now even I wouldn't pay $95 for a seat as much as I love skating.