Girls - 2014 JR. Russian Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Girls - 2014 JR. Russian Championships

Country
Russia
Um...Gubanova didn't also take part in senior pairs last December did she?
Considering her age hopefully it was a different Gubanova.
Anastasia Gubanova (single skater) is from StPetersburg, born 02 Dec 2002.
Anastasia Gubanova (pair skater) is from Perm, born 28 Aug 2000.

Different girls, both have popular in Russia first and second names.

Slowdive

On the Ice
Anastasia Gubanova (single skater) is from StPetersburg, born 02 Dec 2002.
Anastasia Gubanova (pair skater) is from Perm, born 28 Aug 2000.

Different girls, both have popular in Russia first and second names.

Thanks for info.
I figured as much ;)

hanca

Record Breaker
At JrWorlds will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and (Radionova or Proklova).
Radionova and Proklova have the same coach - Inna Goncharenko. And there is info that Goncharenko loves Proklova more. May be surprise for Radionova.
In Russia opinion of coach means much for Federation.

Surely Goncharenko would not spoil Radionova's chances of being sent to junior worlds? Saying that, I think Radionova has plenty of points to get two GP events next season, so Proklova needs the points more than Radionova. But Radionova is more consistent than Proklova and has a chance to get more points than Proklova. Radionova skated pretty clean throughout the season. Proklova had some very good skating (Russian senior nationals, her GP events) and some weaker ones (JGPF). I think if Radionova skates at junior worlds, she has a good chance to win it, whereas if Proklova skates, she can either skate very well or she may also finish out of medals (5-6 place).

I feel sad for Medvedeva. She deserve to be send as much as the other girls. Why the number of places per country must be limited! :disapp:

oleada

Record Breaker
Yeah, if you told me four months ago that neither Proklova or Medvedeva would end up in the JW team, I would have not believed you. That said, given the new rules, Proklova has to stay in the JGP next year.

I'm kind of blown away by Sotskova's SP. What I like about her, and maybe this is just me - is that her programs seem to have some real perspective and thought behind them. It's not just elements to music; they have a concept. I like Sakhanovich, but her LP is elevator music. I think Sotskova has potential to be a great artist.

Yuschenko is my other personal favorite because she is so joyful and dynamic. Good edges, nice jumps and lots of personality!

So for next season, I am assuming & hoping Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva & Yuschenko will all have 2 JGP events - then at least one each for Kayumova & Ogoreltseva?

cjuarez

Rinkside
OMG after watching these videos, the russian junior girls are so advanced and impressive for their age, in a few years I wonder if the will dominate???American and Japan have good juniors but not as many and so complete for their age!!:eek:

hanca

Record Breaker
OMG after watching these videos, the russian junior girls are so advanced and impressive for their age, in a few years I wonder if the will dominate???American and Japan have good juniors but not as many and so complete for their age!!:eek:

Exactly. Some of them will obviously not survive because of injuries and puberty, but even with that there will be plenty left who will be brilliant! And you need just three per country because you can't send more to Europeans/worlds. At the moment it looks that this country may have around 10 in a few years time, with very high technical level and super consistent!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If Radionova is healthy enough for Junior Worlds then she should go, she has a decent shot of retaining the junior title
I like Proklova but she will still be junior next season,

bent knees Skahnovich wont win Junior Worlds with her lower PCS internationally
then there is Satoko, Amber, Karen, Sotskova and Elena who should score higher

hanca

Record Breaker
Yeah, if you told me four months ago that neither Proklova or Medvedeva would end up in the JW team, I would have not believed you. That said, given the new rules, Proklova has to stay in the JGP next year.

So for next season, I am assuming & hoping Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva & Yuschenko will all have 2 JGP events - then at least one each for Kayumova & Ogoreltseva?

Yes, all of them will have to stay at junior level for another season. The good news is that Russia does not seem to have (at this moment) a massive amount of great skaters that are just coming to junior age. In fact, it is only Kolomiets and possibly Tsurskaya (if Tsurskaia DOB is between January and end of June 2001. I know only that she was born 2001 but not sure which month. If she is July-December 2001, she won't be eligible the next season yet.). So Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva have their two spots for sure. There is seven events, max 2 skaters per event...14 spots, 8 already taken by Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva... so they have 6 spots left (or three skaters, if each of them gets two spots). In comparison with this current season, I don't think they are going to waste a spot on Julia Li, and from the remaining girls the best results have Tsurskaya and Yushenko, so hopefully these two will also get two spots. (they were 5th and sixth at Russian junior nationals so that may help too.) Then they will have 2 more spots left. Maybe trying again Kayumova or Ogoreltseva, or one each event... or maybe someone completely new will raise to the challenge. I don't think we knew about Yushenko and Tsurskaya at this time last year. They somehow improved over the summer just before the season started. We will see. I am glad there is not that many great skaters born between July 2000 and June 2001 because that would be a real waste. But it seems that the skaters from the following season after that (when the current juniors can eventually move to seniors) will be again a very strong ones.

hanca

Record Breaker
If Radionova is healthy enough for Junior Worlds then she should go, she has a decent shot of retaining the junior title
I like Proklova but she will still be junior next season,

bent knees Skahnovich wont win Junior Worlds with her lower PCS internationally
then there is Satoko, Amber, Karen, Sotskova and Elena who should score higher

You know, your posts make me wish that she would win and show you her middle finger! The same way as Davankova/Deputat keep defying your dire predictions!

And just to remind you, Sakhanovich has received the highest international score from all of them at senior B competition! Not sure if you noticed, but it doesn't really matter what you like and what you don't. It is about what the judges like! And luckily you are not one of them!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You know, your posts make me wish that she would win and show you her middle finger! The same way as Davankova/Deputat keep defying your dire predictions!

And just to remind you, Sakhanovich has received the highest international score from all of them at senior B competition! Not sure if you noticed, but it doesn't really matter what you like and what you don't. It is about what the judges like! And luckily you are not one of them!

B competitions don't count :rolleye:
Sotskova, Proklova gets higher PCS than her and only Medvedeva scores lower than her with her very slow skating
so even if she lands her jumps which are pretty ugly looking btw, she has a tall order to climb in PCS
she wont be on the podium if the said skaters go clean

the national judges at Russian juniors giving higher PCS to her than to Sotskova was a joke

treeloving

Medalist
(As expected) a great competition! I was really blown away by Sotskova, she should have won for me! Serafima is very good, yes, but the highest PCS is kind of :confused: for me. I am also very happy that proklova ended up on the podium! :love:

No wonder you (and I) like Sotskova, I look at Kostner when she was young and she is like Sotskova twin! The body shape, the way they move!

Same as Samafira and Butyrskaya.

If all these Russian girl keeps up their work and survive puberty, soon Russian national will be more exciting than world.

zamboni step

Final Flight
B competitions don't count :rolleye:
Sotskova, Proklova gets higher PCS than her and only Medvedeva scores lower than her with her very slow skating
so even if she lands her jumps which are pretty ugly looking btw, she has a tall order to climb in PCS
she wont be on the podium if the said skaters go clean

the national judges at Russian juniors giving higher PCS to her than to Sotskova was a joke

Whilst I agree her B competition score was inflated, you have to remember she landed 10 clean triples there, three 3-3s, all tano and two in the second half. That is one hell of an achievement. She could win Junior Worlds with that, do you remember last years Junior Worlds short program?

zamboni step

Final Flight
Also, for the record, I think Sotskova deserved higher PCS, I love that Pina program. I do think one thing to be taken into consideration was her 3Lz-3T was UR in the FS. That would have cost her quite a few points.

oleada

Record Breaker
Also, for the record, I think Sotskova deserved higher PCS, I love that Pina program. I do think one thing to be taken into consideration was her 3Lz-3T was UR in the FS. That would have cost her quite a few points.

It was not called as such. See the protocols: http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/1683558.pdf
(Page 46)

Even though I prefer Sotskova, I have no problem with Sakhanovich winning here. Maria was slightly shaky in the short, and it's not like Serafima is a poor skater. She has good skating skills, great transitions, and good flow (unlike what some posters here would have you think) and she skated a very technically demanding program. I think both girls are at a similar level and depending on the day who wins might change.

Country
Russia
In fact, it is only Kolomiets and possibly Tsurskaya (if Tsurskaia DOB is between January and end of June 2001. I know only that she was born 2001 but not sure which month. If she is July-December 2001, she won't be eligible the next season yet.).
Age and Places of girls at Russian JrNats.

3rd Junior Season
17 place Anastasia Zinkina (she did not qualify at Russian Cup Events, she filled one spot for skaters from ice rink of competition)

2nd Junior Season
18 place Julia Lee

1st Junior Season
1 place Serafima Sakhanovich
2 place Maria Sotskova
3 place Alexandra Proklova
4 place Evgenia Medvedeva
6 place Elizaveta Yushchenko
8 place Alsou Kayumova
9 place Natalia Ogoreltseva

Will be Juniors at 2014-2015 Season
10 place Anastasia Kolomiets
16 place Anastasia Bugakova

5 place Polina Tsurskaya will be Junior at 2014-2015 or 2015-2016

Will be Juniors at 2015-2016 Season
11 place Victoria Bezrukova
12 place Polina Drynkina
13 place Valeria Mikhailova
14 place Alexandra Fomina
15 place Sofia Istomina

Will be Junior at 2016-2017 Season
7 place Anastasia Gubanova

Country
Russia
Unofficial preliminary info (offcial will be tomorrow) about JrLadies Team at JrWorlds.
Radionova.
Sakhanovich.
Sotskova.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Hope it is because Radionova cannot recover on time, but…JW is in March, who can tell she will not recover by then.
On the other hand, I don't feel Radionova needs this competition. She could use the time to make progress and prepare for the next season.