US Opening Ceremony "Uniform" | Golden Skate

US Opening Ceremony "Uniform"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The pics of Evan were back when he was still hoping he'd be able to skate (I think back in October or November is when they did that segment)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The pics of Evan were back when he was still hoping he'd be able to skate (I think back in October or November is when they did that segment)

It's confusing the heck out of my 4-year-fan friends, haha. One of them thought Evan was still on the team.

DaveT

On the Ice
If you go through the whole slideshow they show Evan, Jeremy, Max, Ashley, Gracie, Agnes, Davis and White, the Shibs, D&C, C&S and Kristi Yamaguchi. So a few early picks were wrong and then Kristi.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It's like they're attending an ugly Christmas Sweater contest or something.

WHY ARE THEY SO AWFUL?! The rest of the clothing collection isn't bad, WHY ARE THESE?! :bang:

LOL very patriotic... US love their stars and stripes...fine with me :laugh:

If you go through the whole slideshow they show Evan, Jeremy, Max, Ashley, Gracie, Agnes, Davis and White, the Shibs, D&C, C&S and Kristi Yamaguchi. So a few early picks were wrong and then Kristi.

I could watch the video, but not the slide show :(

I guess the US colors are good to work with, as mentioned competing with the same Norwegian's. A bit more difficult for Sweden with the bright yellow and the middle blue color. Sweden often uses white as a between color. This year the dark blue color is more expressed I think. And some grey as well. 2014 olympics collection is made by H&M pulled together with athletes. Viktoria Helgesson is one of the models :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's way too busy... I'm all about the Stars and Stripes, too, but come on!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it makes me cry, it hurts so much!

I agree the back is fine... it's the front...

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
It's like they're attending an ugly Christmas Sweater contest or something.

WHY ARE THEY SO AWFUL?! The rest of the clothing collection isn't bad, WHY ARE THESE?! :bang:

http://www.today.com/style/patrioti...-olympic-opening-ceremony-uniforms-2D11970728

Could be worse.
I present to you the official outfit of German athletes: http://img.welt.de/img/olympia/crop120553123/4150713275-ci3x2l-w580-aoriginal-h386-l0/Mode-fuer-Olympia-2014.jpg
If anyone's interested, that ... lovely..coat costs about 1500 euros

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Meh, this is merely in line with the proud US tradition of wearing ugly uniforms at the Olympics. Still beats the wizard coat from 2010.

The star and stripes just does *not* work as a pattern for clothes.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
I guess it comes down to color vs pattern. The team US vest looks a bit 'full', whereas the German coat has the worse colors.
Neither is going to win 'best dressed' :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Assuming that the weather is cold as always for the Opening, we'll probably see these jackets rather than the ugly Christmas sweater under it:

http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/10/31/ralph-lauren-unveils-team-usa-uniforms-for-2014-winter-olympics/

FWIW, @JoannBarnas, who has been on the ground in Sochi for a week or so now, says next week will be in the 40s. And IIRC, several of her tweets since her arrival have mentioned how mild the weather has been.
I think Sochi could be an exception to past Opening Ceremonies (in terms of weather).

I rather like the sweaters -- except for the Lauren name plastered nearly front and center.

And no matter what their fashion tastes are, I bet all the Team USA athletes are proud and more than happy to wear the official uniform.
Lysacek said on the Today show in October (I'm paraphrasing) that at his past Games, receiving the official team wardrobe turned the Olympics from a surreal experience into a truly real one.