Haruka Imai | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Haruka Imai

ioanna

Record Breaker
2014 was the last time she appeared in "big" shows. 2013-2014 was a good season for her and she looked very happy back then. She also got the opportunity to travel to the US and work with Phillip Mills (thanks to Tatsuki and a lot of people still think they were/are in a relationship :sarcasm:).

Her Malaguena program at Fantasy On Ice was one of my favorite performances. In fact I think it's the best Malaguena (with lyrics) program I've seen. She's portraying a young woman in love giving a very passionate performance. A good example of skating to the lyrics.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yu55i_2014faoi-2-haruka-imai_sport

For those who don't understand Spanish

Love brought me to you
With a captivating impulse
I'd rather die
Than to live without having your love
The fickleness of your love
Has killed the joy in my being
And in fear of losing your love today my singing will be of pain

Black eyed Malaguena
Malaguena of my dreams
I'm dying of pain for your love

Black eyed Malaguena
Malaguena of my dreams
If you won't love me I will die

Understanding the lyrics makes the program so much better. I miss Haruka a lot. :cry:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahhhhh she is so lovely!! :love: that Malaguena program at FaOI was the first time i saw her and it was love at 1st sight for me!!! i thought she dia amazing job interpreting, her biggest problem is her stamina i think (and then spins :biggrin:), i really hope she will increase her stamina, cause it would be a shame not seeing her compete :sad21:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
ahhhhh she is so lovely!! :love: that Malaguena program at FaOI was the first time i saw her and it was love at 1st sight for me!!! i thought she dia amazing job interpreting, her biggest problem is her stamina i think (and then spins :biggrin:), i really hope she will increase her stamina, cause it would be a shame not seeing her compete :sad21:

Yees! She did Malaguena at my first ice show of FaOI 2014 and it impressed me so much. So i came to love her. At the last year's show also, she did pretty well. She has truly good characteristics that belong to only her and has many fans. Missing her at GPS this season is so sad... But anyway, im glad she doesnt quit and continues her career. Lets cheer up for her towards Nationals! :hap10:Further, she must appear on any competitions like Autumn Classic last year!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
bringing from Team Japan thread (thank you ioanna!), Haruka's LP at Japan Nationals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBMXhAk6yZE

it wasnt perfect but she is wonderful to watch (that 2A3T at the beginning was just great!!) i love the music but would love to see more attack during stsq, but she usually tends to lose steam near the ned of her LPs, also she looked very emotional at K&C, she isnt retiring is she? :sad21:

ioanna

Record Breaker
bringing from Team Japan thread (thank you ioanna!), Haruka's LP at Japan Nationals

it wasnt perfect but she is wonderful to watch (that 2A3T at the beginning was just great!!) i love the music but would love to see more attack during stsq, but she usually tends to lose steam near the ned of her LPs, also she looked very emotional at K&C, she isnt retiring is she? :sad21:

I read that she had trouble with injuries but seeing her cry broke my heart :sad21:

deedee1

Record Breaker

Thanks a lot for posting. :) Agreed. Haruka's skating is lovely, always a breath of fresh air. :love:
re her emotional look in KnC, I hope not, either;;;;; The commentary didn't say anything, so let's stay positive for now, shall we.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I read that she had trouble with injuries but seeing her cry broke my heart :sad21:

she had disappointing performances before but i never saw her crying, must be very tough for her, hopefully she will get better in no time and we will see more of her :luv17: