The Art of Piano | Golden Skate

The Art of Piano

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw this wonderful documentary on the Knowledge network last night called "The Art of Piano."

It was about famous concert pianists and the differences between them.

The show covered pianists from Rachmoninoff to Rubenstein to Glen Gould. It was amazing!!!! Of course, my favorite pianist of all time is Vladimir Horowitz. When he played he could make you weep! Incredible.

THE ART OF PIANO

In a dazzling musical journey through the 20th century, this series pays tribute to some of the world's finest pianists. Featured are legends such as Igance Jan Paderewski, Sergei Rachmaninov, Arthur Rubinstein, Vladimir Horowitz, Claudio Arrau and Glenn Gould. The series highlights each artist's unique interpretive style through rare performance footage culled from archives around the world. Contemporary pianists offer revealing commentary into the legacies of these artists, whose mastery of the piano is powerful and astounding.

http://www.knowledgenetwork.ca/themes/programs/gfx/ppic_S02982.jpg

ITA, Lad. "The Art of the Piano" was originally broadcast on PBS about a year ago (not sure) and I was totally enthralled. There is a CD that goes along with it--check pbs.com or towerrecords.com--and if you have the money, I highly recommend it. Glad to hear they're showing it on Canadian cable.
Rgirl

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Wish I'd seen the show. I love the piano. I saw Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 2 in G Minor and had a direct view of the pianist. It was AMAZING - almost an athletic feat. Almost makes me wish I'd kept up with the piano lessons - except my attention span while practicing was short.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
tharrtell:

I know what you mean. I saw Anton Qwerty in concert and it was an amazing experience.