Pairs FS - 4CC 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 4CC 2014

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Did I miss something ? Sui/Han arent going bt Peng/Zhang are ?
a shame since Sui/Han could place in Top 5 at best while P/Z wont

well they till have to worry about the growing little height difference
she isn't done growing yet and could be a partnership ending
height similarity is the biggest partnership ending cause in pairs, real pity

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sui/Han lost to Peng/Zhang at several key events this season. Based on this performance, they can be better than Peng/Zhang, but this is also by far Sui/Han's best performances. I think they smashed their PB by 11 points or something like that.

Based on Euros, Voronov would be a better pick than Kovtun or Plushenko, but that was also an extreme PB and losing to both of them at Nationals cooked his chances (which unfortunately for him were pretty non-existent anyways no matter how well or consistently he skated).

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sui/Han were great. Future world champions for sure. That quad twist was wow.
Sui is 18, 19 this year. I think she's probably done with growing(last season's problems). I sure hope she won't, they go so well together. Anyhow, it doesn't seem to currently be a problem.

MUALover

Rinkside
I'm not so keen on Sui/Han's future. I'm more inclined for Yu/Jin and Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei (who skated in CoC). I just don't think that with Sui/Han's basics, they will do well in the future. They have less potential for growth than the other 2 Chinese junior/new senior teams who have taller male partners and more naturally artistic female partners.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm not so keen on Sui/Han's future. I'm more inclined for Yu/Jin and Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei (who skated in CoC). I just don't think that with Sui/Han's basics, they will do well in the future. They have less potential for growth than the other 2 Chinese junior/new senior teams who have taller male partners and more naturally artistic female partners.

I actually thought their artistry was a huge improvement. They still look like kids, but they are developing much more refinement and maturity. I hope that they continue on, because they certainly push the envelope technically.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It was Sui and Han and then a huge yawn. Nice that some skaters we rarely hear of got to skate but really the pairs was a huge yawn fest after the gold medal team

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Sui/Han did an amazing job in this competition. Too bad it's not count for the selection. I guess they just wanted it too badly during NHK, and bad luck for the sickness. I wish they can place well in World!

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) - 212.40 Long Program, 2nd Copy
2. Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA (USA) - 181.45 Long Program, 2nd Copy
3. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 170.35 Long Program
4. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 167.10 Long Program
5. Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN (CAN) - 147.80 Long Program, 2nd copy
6. Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 139.99 Long Program
7. Wenting WANG / Yan ZHANG (CHN) - 139.95

Complete Pairs Long Program + Medal Ceremony