Mura won ?
I guess it was right to send Takahashi after all
must have been a fluke medal by Kozuka at nationals

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Mura won ?

Not really. Mura isn't a bad skater and certainly with two practically clean skates was hard to best.

I'm wondering if you'll feel the same way about it being right to send Wagner should Mirai not do well but I'm guessing a double standard will be fully in play since you hate Wagner. :rolleye:

lady_bee

Medalist
I am very happy for top 3, sinsce all of them had difficult season.

Please Kozuka, it's time to get operation and get ready for next season!!!

lavender

Record Breaker
Too bad that Dornbush is just so inconsistent. He's just not a skater to rely. Adam is just over it....i guess I don't blame him or Mirai for that matter.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So happy Song Nan got his first 4CC medal. From the video, he seems to have lots of fans here. Hope CHina gets two spots for the next Worlds.

s_parks

Record Breaker
What happened to Denis Ten?

He fell twice... on triples. :( But, given last season, I'm not that upset. I mean, he was 12th last season(yes, i do realize there was more comp.), and then worlds happened. not a good way to go into sochi, but olympics are a whole different game, and he has prev. olympic experience, so we'll see what happens.

noskates

Record Breaker
Sorry to see Adam not do well - again. He started out the season so strong! I wish Ricky Dornbush could be consistent because he is a good skater and I really liked both his programs at Nats. Happy for Nan Song!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Kozuka amazing, who cares about the medals, he is a poem, I will miss him in Sochi sooo much:love:World needs to see again his smooth skating and his fantastic exhibitions! :love:
Why do you say he needs surgery? What is it?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kozuka amazing, who cares about the medals, he is a poem, I will miss him in Sochi sooo much:love:World needs to see again his smooth skating and his fantastic exhibitions! :love:

I wonder too?

Thanks again sequins_galore for the pbp. Amazing how quickly you get it down. And almost always spot on. Seems to me you are very good at English as well(not that I can really be a judge of that)

LOL, today you taught me a new color- and animal-word (Abzals vest): taupe

I couldn't watch all men. Videos? Mao88 where are you??? Just kidding :) It's just that you have spoiled me :laugh:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
He fell twice(Ten)... on triples. :( But, given last season, I'm not that upset. I mean, he was 12th last season(yes, i do realize there was more comp.), and then worlds happened. not a good way to go into sochi, but olympics are a whole different game, and he has prev. olympic experience, so we'll see what happens.

In my memory Denis always pops jumps or falls. Since his breakthrough at worlds 5(?) years ago, his only great performances I can remember were at worlds 2013, where he won silver.

s_parks

Record Breaker
that's the thing with inconsistent skaters though... you don't know how they're going to skate one competition to another.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
that's the thing with inconsistent skaters though... you don't know how they're going to skate one competition to another.

Yup. That's one of the reasons I was surprised Paul & Islam were chosen as Canada's 3rd Dance team this year because they're the most inconsistent of Canada's top dancers.

Anyway, as to the Men at this event, I notice that Jeremy Ten dropped further in the FS. I suppose it's not a total surprise since he had major problems with his FS at Nationals this month. I was there in person and it was pretty rough for him because he fell a couple of times and had a lot of missed jumps. I think injuries and inconsistency are making it difficult to get back to where he was a few years ago.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yup. That's one of the reasons I was surprised Paul & Islam were chosen as Canada's 3rd Dance team this year because they're the most inconsistent of Canada's top dancers.

Anyway, as to the Men at this event, I notice that Jeremy Ten dropped further in the FD. I suppose it's not a total surprise since he had major problems with his FD at Nationals this month. I was there in person and it was pretty rough for him because he fell a couple of times and had a lot of missed jumps. I think injuries and inconsistency are making it difficult to get back to where he was a few years ago.

personally rooting for all the underdogs in sochi! who knows, maybe they can surprise us!
oh, and do you mean fs, not fd?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In my memory Denis always pops jumps or falls. Since his breakthrough at worlds 5(?) years ago, his only great performances I can remember were at worlds 2013, where he won silver.

Denis has been plagued with illness and injury this year.

jace93

On the Ice
I read somewhere on this forum that he had a congenital malformation at the knee (?) (Hope to remember correctly) that hindered him since last year and, since this was probably his last chance to an olympic, ha had postponed the operation until after this season...

Victura

On the Ice
I read somewhere on this forum that he had a congenital malformation at the knee (?) (Hope to remember correctly) that hindered him since last year and, since this was probably his last chance to an olympic, ha had postponed the operation until after this season...

It was a hip joint problem: http://yoko71.tumblr.com/post/48824893952/translated-from-takahiko-kozuka-interview-on-nikkan

sky_fly20 said:
Mura won ?

What are you talking about? Kozuka did very very well here - he was first in the free skate and won the silver!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
So happy for Song Nan. He's a beautiful skate with nice jumps. He's quite musical as well. Hope he will do well in the next cycle.

Gigi13

On the Ice
Congrats to Mura, Kozuka, and Song Nan! :love: I'm so happy Kozuka is going to continue competing I would have been heartbroken if he retired.