Irina News | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Irina News

wvgal57

On the Ice
"Rondo" is choreographed by another different choreographer. Eleena Matveeva and Irina choreographed her "Serenade" program.

"Rondo" is done by Elena Kustarova (a former ice dancer, 1990 World Juniors Silver Medalist) who also coaches a few ice dancer teams in Russia right now.

When I first found out about her music choice back last June and listened to it I have to say I was a bit disappointed because I thought this program would be a somewhat slow, ballad type program but if the opening holds true, it is going to be more of a dancey, upbeat number.

Irina's showcase is going to be her freeskate though to "Queen of Spades". It's a total new approach for Irina and she and Bobrin strive once again to present Irina's skating in a different way and bring something new to the ice. I am so anxious to see the finished product. I can only hope that Irina will keep this program for next season too. My verdict will be out on "Rondo" till I see more of it. I actually saw the basic layout of "Spades" and love how they've approached the use of totally different music to portray a character piece. Unique!