Ladies FS - 2014 4CC | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 4CC

Gigi13

On the Ice
Yes, judges were so lenient here they called multiple underrotations/downgrades on others-- a 2Lo underrotation on Murakami? And PCS here was generally quite low, only one got over 60? If you want lenient, that's Euros.

Agreed.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 196.91 Free Skate, Interview
2. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 186.53 Free Skate
3. Zijun LI (CHN) - 181.56 Free Skate
4. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 175.40 Free Skate
5. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 169.99 Free Skate
6. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 166.84 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 165.19
8. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 164.87 Free Skate
9. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 162.71 Free Skate
10. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 159.78 Free Skate
11. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 157.57
12. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 156.17
13. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 154.03
14. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 150.17
15. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 142.32
16. Tae Kyung KIM (KOR) - 132.84 Free Skate
17. Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO (PHI) - 114.95
18. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 110.66
19. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 110.26
20. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 103.26
21. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 98.93

Medal Ceremony (2nd Copy)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes, judges were so lenient here they called multiple underrotations/downgrades on others-- a 2Lo underrotation on Murakami? And PCS here was generally quite low, only one got over 60? If you want lenient, that's Euros.

maybe on PCS but Technical side not so much, still doesn't explain how Miyahara got a 120+
at Euros Kostner got an underroation too so did Adelina, and Adelina, Julia got dinged on flutz
Zijun flutzes too and hard to believe Miyahara gets now downgrades and her score here is almost the same as Gracie's SB score

Gigi13

On the Ice
Kanako can score higher than Ashley here is because of her gorgeous program...imo.

I agree Kanako's program is just so beautiful everything was perfect and I'm happy she is going into Sochi as the reigning 4CC champ :cry: joyful tears.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I would say Kanako has a higher chance to spoil on the podium in the Olympics than the aging " 29 years old " Suzuki who is a hit or miss
and Kanako usually peaks late in the season.

Becki

Medalist
maybe on PCS but Technical side not so much, still doesn't explain how Miyahara got a 120+
at Euros Kostner got an underroation too so did Adelina, and Adelina, Julia got dinged on flutz
Zijun flutzes too and hard to believe Miyahara gets now downgrades and her score here is almost the same as Gracie's SB score

Euros were super inflated!! Everyone had up to a 5+ boost on PCs (okay maybe not everyone, but certainly the favourites).

Miyahara is a very good skater with decent skating skills despite her small jumps. If you look at the protocols, I don't think Miyahara got any downgrades, maybe an underrotation but certainly she's not as bad as you say.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Euros were super inflated!! Everyone had up to a 5+ boost on PCs (okay maybe not everyone, but certainly the favourites).

Miyahara is a very good skater with decent skating skills despite her small jumps. If you look at the protocols, I don't think Miyahara got any downgrades, maybe an underrotation but certainly she's not as bad as you say.

even if she prerotates, she has clear visible underrotated jumps
absurd how she almost gets the same total score as Gracie !

kimganos

On the Ice
Kanako is on fire!!!! One of the best and most beautiful long programs of all the ladies in the world!

HalfTriple

Match Penalty
Good Job for Murakami. It's been so awhile since her debut she skated quite focused like this. The judges might have been lenient on a few points but as she being a leading contender here, I have no objection. And I see her much improved takeoff, and her effort to fix that nasty(?) habit looks commendable. I always felt annoyed somewhat because Murakami doesn't seem to blossom as much as her talent and potential warrants; like Nagasu whose attitudinal misalignment hampers her progress. I hope this win helps her regain confidence and spirit for skating. It's always so good to see skaters back to their best potential. Yeah there are many things still to work on, but I am not bothering at the moment. One thing Murakami, or other young skaters, remembers, is they must skate with power, speed, and spirit; these are the privilege of youth and greatest weapon and asset to appeal to the judges and the audience.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I just watched Kim Hae Jin's skate. I couldn't find So Youn's on that channel, but from what I saw at Nationals, So Youn probably has a bigger future. Hae Jin telegraphs so much -- like she skates across the entire rink preparing for a jump, then looks down at the ice for a while before jumping. Especially in the lutz/flip, but even the toe and the loop had VERY long entrances!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mirai's URs all in the 2nd half of the program = lack of stamina = exactly what she was worried about when interviewed about her illness.

I feel for Mirai but I hope she gets better very soon and trains like the dickens because she still has responsibilities just in case - she is still an Olympic and World team alternate.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Team Australia :cry:

Also love how so many of Mirai's fans were calling bs on Ashley's boot problems at Nationals but as soon as Mirai shows why she was left off the team they parrot that she's sick no questions asked...

burntBREAD

Medalist
Team Australia :cry:

Also love how so many of Mirai's fans were calling bs on Ashley's boot problems at Nationals but as soon as Mirai shows why she was left off the team they parrot that she's sick no questions asked...

More like three or four people that honestly are less of Mirai fans and more of Ashley haters -- and aren't present in this thread regardless.
And others were talking about the boot problems because another poster was harping on how horrible Mirai's NHK skates were (which they were indeed) completely ignoring her own boot problems, but had no problem pointing out Ashley's boot problems as a key factor in her Nationals performances. It goes both ways.

Not to mention Mirai was not ready for this competition. Would you be ready in a week when you have just received the disappointment of your life (let the record know that I agree with Ashley Wagner going to the Olympics *GASP*) + an illness?

lady_bee

Medalist
Satoko has Julia's iron nerves.

It seems so. Her skate was fater and jumps were bigger.
We say, in Japanese, "she has a heart with hair".
When I saw Julia I thought "her heart must be hairy as a bear"
I hope Satoko's heart as hairy as Julia.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
More like three or four people that honestly are less of Mirai fans and more of Ashley haters -- and aren't present in this thread regardless.
And others were talking about the boot problems because another poster was harping on how horrible Mirai's NHK skates were (which they were indeed) completely ignoring her own boot problems, but had no problem pointing out Ashley's boot problems as a key factor in her Nationals performances. It goes both ways.

If we're talking boot problems, I heard the commentators mention that Kanako had been having really ...bad either boot problems or foot pain or both leading up to 4CC. She pushed through and gave a stellar performance regardless. Well done Kanako for not losing focus.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Why was the PCS so low here? Kanako got 62 while Julia got 68 at Euros. What the heck?

burntBREAD

Medalist
If we're talking boot problems, I heard the commentators mention that Kanako had been having really ...bad either boot problems or foot pain or both leading up to 4CC. She pushed through and gave a stellar performance regardless. Well done Kanako for not losing focus.

Yeah, Kanako really did a fantastic job today. A medal isn't out of question at the Olympics if she skates to this standard.