Ladies FS - 2014 4CC | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 4CC

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Julia has been scoring higher PCS than Kanako throughout the season

That doesn't have anything to do with what was presented today (and at Euros). Julia's performance was not six points better in PCS, IMO.

I'll be interested to see how they compare when they're in the same competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That doesn't have anything to do with what was presented today (and at Euros). Julia's performance was not six points better in PCS.

it was music choice alone is moving, standing ovation on every clean skate

zamboni step

Final Flight
That doesn't have anything to do with what was presented today (and at Euros). Julia's performance was not six points better in PCS, IMO.

I'll be interested to see how they compare when they're in the same competition.

Julia's program wasn't better at all. Julia only deserved higher marks for CH and only narrowly, the idea that Julia has better edges and power than Kanako is ridiculous.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia's program wasn't better at all. Julia only deserved higher marks for CH and only narrowly, the idea that Julia has better edges and power than Kanako is ridiculous.

stop attacking Julia
she needs first to make up for her CH, IN, PE and TR
its not only on SS for the PCS

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 196.91 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
2. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 186.53 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Zijun LI (CHN) - 181.56 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 175.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 169.99 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 166.84 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 165.19 Free Skate
8. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 164.87 Free Skate
9. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 162.71 Free Skate
10. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 159.78 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 157.57
12. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 156.17
13. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 154.03
14. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 150.17
15. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 142.32
16. Tae Kyung KIM (KOR) - 132.84 Free Skate
17. Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO (PHI) - 114.95
18. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 110.66
19. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 110.26
20. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 103.26
21. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 98.93

Medal Ceremony (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW Kanako! Amazing FS and well deserved first place, Congratulations!

Thanks for the videos Mao88, much appreciated!

katymay

Medalist
WOW Kanako! Amazing FS and well deserved first place, Congratulations!

Thanks for the videos Mao88, much appreciated!

Yes, thank you Mao! Watching Kanako, you just knew she was going to nail every jump. She never seemed to lose any energy or strength. Well done! Every skater ought to get at least one great skate like this in their lifetime...

cjuarez

Rinkside
Thank you Mao88, I loved kanako but very sad for Mirai:cry: Zijun Li was great too, I like Satoko but I feel her jumps need more height!!!Bad result for USA team, by the way I'm sad I cannot find videos of Reyna, Krystle and Crystal!!:no:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Their SP's should be part of the whole competition videos-check back to the bottom of the SP post.

zamboni step

Final Flight
stop attacking Julia
she needs first to make up for her CH, IN, PE and TR
its not only on SS for the PCS

I think Julia is very talented, pot kettle telling someone not to attack your favourite skater. :rolleye: And Julia's PE and IN also aren't as good as Kanako. She's young, she has time to improve. Stop trying to make her something she isn't before she's ready.

Elaine

On the Ice

Me too. Especially considering that the two competitions left this season where both Julia and Kanako will be are being held in Russia(Oly) and Japan(WC). Will be very interesting :popcorn:

RABID

Final Flight
That wasn't a great skate by Zijun Lee, she looked nervous to me and it showed but she did what she had to do. I think everyone goes into a competition like this with different goals in mind. This is what Lee needed needed to do going into the Olympics. Same goes with Kanako. Satoko Miyahara skates beautifully but seems to me a bit of a mouse. She needs to get in touch with her inner diva I think. She gets her jumps done but that's the best I can say about them. She needs to get big as in not seeming so timid and vulnerable but still good for her getting silver. :)

desertskates

Medalist
Thanks for all the vid posts!! And congrats to all the ladies who performed so well.
My hopes for Mirai: she rests up and recovers form her virus, and the disappointment over not making the Olympic team. And that she considers remaining in Japan. She's got the UR thing, but this coach seems good for her. She's stronger than we've seen in a long time.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 196.91 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, Interview
2. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 186.53 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Zijun LI (CHN) - 181.56 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 175.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 169.99 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 166.84 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 165.19 Free Skate
8. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 164.87 Free Skate
9. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 162.71 Free Skate
10. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 159.78 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 157.57
12. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 156.17 Free Skate
13. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 154.03 Free Skate
14. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 150.17
15. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 142.32
16. Tae Kyung KIM (KOR) - 132.84 Free Skate
17. Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO (PHI) - 114.95
18. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 110.66
19. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 110.26
20. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 103.26
21. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 98.93

Medal Ceremony (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Mao88 for compiling and posting the videos for us, since NBC isn't showing this until next weekend in the US.

Sorry Mirai didn't place higher, but I hope she's in a good place to regroup and come back stronger next season, with Mura as her coach. I hope she can go to Worlds, if Gracie, Ashley or Polina pull out, but that seems unlikely.

I watched Kanako's FS, that was probably the best I've seen her do all season, including Japanese nationals. Congrats to her well for a well deserved Gold medal.

I liked Courtney Hicks FS to "Evita" as well, if she hadn't fallen on her 3-3 or singled one of her jumps, she might've been 3rd or 4th.