Skaters with a shot at gold and a medal in each event | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters with a shot at gold and a medal in each event

yuki90

On the Ice
Yuna's is bigger. Technique on the second jump not as good. She tends to UR quite a bit these days (will be interesting to see if they call her on it in Sochi, both of hers at KOR Nationals were < ) because she takes off way too early on the toe loop, causing it to require more rotation than it should need to get around.

Julia has a Flutz 65% of the time, but it's not severe. Her jumps are a lot more controlled than Yuna Kim's.

If I had to pick, I'd pick Lipnitskaya's. Yuna's combo has two redeeming aspects: Size and the Take-Off Edge on the Lutz.

However, Lipnitskaya's jumps are incredible because of the amount of control she has on her landings, the fact that she lands going straight backwards (not even a chance to question her rotation), and the position she can get on her landings - and she HOLDS those landing positions a lot better than Kim. Additionally, her technique on the back half of her combination is textbook, which is why she can throw a toe loop onto almost anything (or add it back in later, easily, if she misses it early on like at Europeans).

From a GOE standpoint, Yuna's would score higher as long as the judge didn't spot a UR when it happens because the take-off issues on her 3T back end aren't anything most judges would penalize as long as the jump was clean.

Sotnikova is a better overall jump than both of them, and has all triples. She has Yuna's size and Lipnitskaya's rotation and landing finesse.
You're blind. Her 3-3 was enough to ratified. Julia's 3-3 is no where near YuNa's.

YuNa's 3-3 got the delay in rotation, height and distance, straight back on landing, flow in the landing, effortless throughout.

You said Gracie's 3-3 is better than YuNa's in every aspect and because of her 3 toe loop.

Here are the images of Gracie's 3T on 3-3. http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/822/0jhiz.jpg

She takes off her triple toe with full blade not toe and also very pre-rotated. You see it? I don't know you are a skater or what but you're sooooooooo wrong.

and also you said YuNa is not the technical phenom, at best, slightly above average. Actually, Ted barton who made current judging system said that Technically, Yuna is the greatest of all time.

I have a question to you. If YuNa is not technical phenom among Ladies, Who do you think is the phenom? Asada, Lipnitskaya, Gold? Its really funny that a skater who's technically slightly above average is now reigning World & Olympic Champ with world record. Your opinion is so ridiculous and non-sense.
Keep whining and complaining about YuNa's jumps until she retains her title at Sochi.
you will be so upset if YuNa's 3-3 and other jumps get credit and highest GOE. :(

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I think Abbott has a shot at silver and maybe at Gold if he skates clean.
Gracie Gold could get a silver medal if she skates as she did at Nationals, and if Yu-na and Mao both falter, she could win gold.
I don't think Fernandez has any shot at gold. His PCS are just not up to snuff and programs are weak.
For Gold, I think the favorites are Chan, Hanyu, and Takahashi.

yuki90

On the Ice
http://www.insidethegames.biz/blogs/...-at-sochi-2014For Robin Cousins, Olympic figure skating gold medalist in 1980, the personality he thinks will captivate the TV viewers will be the defending  women's champion Yuna Kim, of South Korea. "She is the grand dame of skating, a beautiful woman on and off the ice. She  has such a graceful, classic style."There are some other excellent skaters, notably the Russians, but they are mainly kids. This contest is a woman versus girls and I take the woman  to win and become the world's skating sweetheart."

Interview with Katarina Witt, “Yuna has 100% chance to win gold” Katarina Witt interviewed on Yuna that unless something extraordinary has happened, Yuna will be the third gold medalist who wins two golds. She said Yuna is the perfect sakter, has the perfect body for skating and is artistic on ice. Ms. witt was sure Yuna will fly on ice and wished Yuna luck. *Source: All That Yuna http://yunakimfan.com/yunaverse/topi...tand-4/page/36

Ven

Match Penalty
http://www.insidethegames.biz/blogs/...-at-sochi-2014For Robin Cousins, Olympic figure skating gold medalist in 1980, the personality he thinks will captivate the TV viewers will be the defending  women's champion Yuna Kim, of South Korea. "She is the grand dame of skating, a beautiful woman on and off the ice. She  has such a graceful, classic style."There are some other excellent skaters, notably the Russians, but they are mainly kids. This contest is a woman versus girls and I take the woman  to win and become the world's skating sweetheart."

Interview with Katarina Witt, “Yuna has 100% chance to win gold” Katarina Witt interviewed on Yuna that unless something extraordinary has happened, Yuna will be the third gold medalist who wins two golds. She said Yuna is the perfect sakter, has the perfect body for skating and is artistic on ice. Ms. witt was sure Yuna will fly on ice and wished Yuna luck. *Source: All That Yuna http://yunakimfan.com/yunaverse/topi...tand-4/page/36

:clap:

nguyenghita

On the Ice

Two legends talk about the one who is going to be the legend :clap:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So we have a new round of "Yuna is perfect and capable of everything and will win anyway" again because one poster criticized one aspect of her 3-3? Yawn.
I want Liza back in the game. When she was really on, I preferred her 3Lz-3T to all of Yunas, Gracies and Julias.

Nater said:
Sotnikova is a better overall jump than both of them, and has all triples. She has Yuna's size and Lipnitskaya's rotation and landing finesse.

Sotnikova doesn't have the 3Lz-3T though. Honestly, I prefer her going for the 3Lz-3Lo, simply because I love that combination and we have enough 3-3Ts combinations around anyway (and she got one ratified!!!). Then again, when she had trouble with the 3Lz-3T last season, she struggled with the 2A-3T too. And look at that combination now - huge, secure, nicely rotated. She obviously worked on that and it improved big time. Maybe she'll go back to the 3Lz-3T somewhere in the future too, as she seems to still practice it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think my issue with Julia's and Liza's 3-3 combos is that they look very methodical... especially Julia's "windup" into her 3T... it looks like they're doing an element, whereas Kim flies "through" her combo and gives it wow factor that makes it look like a highlight to open the program. I always get the sense that Julia or Liza is like "here's my first combo", whereas Kim is like "you're about to watch an amazing program".