Plushenko declines being Flag Bearer for Russia | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Plushenko declines being Flag Bearer for Russia

whitebamboo

On the Ice
Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. Why didn't you just say, "Plushenko is a great champion, but I have to concentrate on my own performances and not be distracted by what the other skaters do."

Lol, what Patrick Chan said this time does not particularly bother me as a Plushy fan, and I do think the "Chan says Plushenko is a distraction, not a rival" title of some news reports a little misleading. But to be honest, in general I tend to see the "omg skater X said this about skater Y", etc. as trivialities. And in the other cases when it's not even really about other skaters but about skating itself or specific competitions, one can simply agree or disagree.

But what I was trying to say in my previous post is that to connive behind the scenes, and to spread false rumors about other skaters--that imho is not even anywhere near to being comparable, and it is not right. Perhaps the public does not have all information right now, but it simply does not make sense that Tarasova could say, in the same interview (and way ahead of time), both "of course Plushenko should go to Sochi, there should be no question about it" and "maybe Kovtun will compete in the team or individual event"--unless she had something in mind. By now, there really has been enough evidence to show that she (along with certain FFKKR officials such as Piseyev) were the ones who were behind this scheme of switching skaters between the team and individual competitions. And when Plushy briefly was entrapped by them, of course he was the one who got blamed and attacked for it.

Icey

Record Breaker
It would probably be too difficult to carry his country's flag and the gay flag too. lol

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You are so boring and you don't know anything.This is a disgusting game on the backstage. Tarasova speaks slimy lies to the public, but in private conversations with Piseev, Gorshkov, Lakernik make further pressure to put Kovtun in individual competition. So we don't know what will happen... And you like Voronov's reaction? Of course..because he is a smart guy, he knows the situation and deeply respects Plushenko...

And what do you think about Chan? He attacked Plush again like before Vancouver..I am a very sober, kind person, I like everyone, but I had enough. Go Yuzu! Go Javier! Go Plushy! Go everyone! except Patrick!
"Plushenko a Distraction, Not a Rival at Sochi Olympics - Chan" He will never learn to decently treats opponents...http://t.co/JcLOrf5kCw

Evan:
https://twitter.com/EvanLysacek/status/429722157094944768
@NBCOlympics You can never count @EvgeniPlushenko out, but more importantly you MUST respect his incredible career. Happy he'll be in Sochi.

Oh Patrick. :laugh: Well I suppose he is "merely stating his opinion" like when Plushenko was simply stating his opinion about the Canadian federation winning Chan's title for him last year.

Not a sportsmanly thing to say but it's kinda true... Plu most definitely won't threaten for individual gold but his presence is certainly tangible and you can never count him entirely out. I can see him distracting Chan and the others say if he skates in the final flight. I'd hate to be the skater right after he skates, as they would likely be delayed with the extended applause.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Oh Patrick. :laugh: Well I suppose he is "merely stating his opinion" like when Plushenko was simply stating his opinion about the Canadian federation winning Chan's title for him last year.

Not a sportsmanly thing to say but it's kinda true... Plu most definitely won't threaten for individual gold but his presence is certainly tangible and you can never count him entirely out. I can see him distracting Chan and the others say if he skates in the final flight. I'd hate to be the skater right after he skates, as they would likely be delayed with the extended applause.

Oh CSG! Patrick has this opinion...but where is your attack on Patrick? Why don't you say he is arrogant, he isn't sportmanlike and so on...Why? So I'm really bored of your devoted hate on Plush..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh CSG! Patrick has this opinion...but where is your attack on Patrick? Why don't you say he is arrogant, he isn't sportmanlike and so on...Why? So I'm really bored of your devoted hate on Plush..

I don't condone it. And I said it wasn't sportsmanlike of him to say that.

Evan:
https://twitter.com/EvanLysacek/status/429722157094944768
@NBCOlympics You can never count @EvgeniPlushenko out, but more importantly you MUST respect his incredible career. Happy he'll be in Sochi.

I'm happy to see that Evan has expressed himself with such maturity. Thanks for linking to this quote, which I had not seen. This is pretty much the way I feel about Plushy. You can't count him out, and his career is admirable and unparalleled. The stuff about who says what, and how Kovtun factors into this, is part of the tangled political scene that seems to be Russian skating, and I don't feel qualified to evaluate it. I just know that Plushenko is one of the skating greats of all time.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
As if Plushenko has never gone out of his way to comment on Chan's win when he himself was not even in the competition.:rolleye:

Patrick's this comment, the most anyone could compare, is on par with Plushenko's comments on Kovtun. If you were not offended by that, I don't see why you are offended by this now?:p

My problem is I don't like the double standard. If Plushenko says something, that will get a new thread and the posters write many hateful comments on him, especially CSG. If Kovtun says something bad, or Chan they receive only "Oh Patrick :laugh:" or something like this.. And if the Plushy's fans tell the truth, it doesn't matter..He repeats his hateful comments over and over again..