Canadian Junior World Team | Golden Skate

Canadian Junior World Team

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Has anyone heard officially who's going?

I've seen a few local newspaper articles about a few qualifications.. But here are my guesses:

Ice Dance
Madeline Edwards/ Zhao Kai Pang
Mackenzie Bent/ Garrett McKeen

Pairs
Julianne Seguin/ Charlie Bilodeau
Mary Orr/ Phelan Simpson
Dylan Conway/ Dustin Sheriff-Clayton

Men
Nam Nguyen
Roman Sadovsky

Ladies
Alaine Chartrand
Julianne Seguin

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Vanessa Grenier/ Maxime Deschamps can't got to Junior Worlds because Maxime is already 22 years old so they've aged out of juniors... He confirms this in their Junior Pair Championship interview from nationals..

Alaine Chartrand confirmed this morning on her facebook page she is going.

nadster

Final Flight
Vanessa Grenier/ Maxime Deschamps can't got to Junior Worlds because Maxime is already 22 years old so they've aged out of juniors... He confirms this in their Junior Pair Championship interview from nationals..

Alaine Chartrand confirmed this morning on her facebook page she is going.

Vanessa is too old for JW as well. Chances are very good they will get a senior B this fall and if they do well there a Skate Canada spot.

nadster

Final Flight
Congrats to all those receiving JW spots . Now I hope they all skate well and maximize the JGP spots next year and that SC actually uses all those spots.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Yeah, this list is not official yet.

I'm just guessing based on the total scores from Nationals and what has been published already in the press.

I'm hoping Skate Canada starts to focus more on the development of pairs teams in Canada, there are excellent coaches out there who want to help (ie. Anabelle Langois & Cody Hay) but skaters aren't finding partners.

Now about Vanessa/Maxim they have lots of potential, I hoping Skate Canada will send them to a senior B but Canada is aweful for that so I'm not holding my breath unless they get Nebelhorn..

trains

On the Ice
Is Juliane Seguin injured? She is no longer on the Junior Worlds entry list for singles or pairs.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Julianne Séguin must be injured.

She was replaced in the Junior Ladies by Larkyn Austman, but there were no other Canadian Pairs who had met the ISU minimum scores to replace the pairs team.

Skate Canada of course did not officially announce such a thing..

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

She was replaced in the Junior Ladies by Larkyn Austman, but there were no other Canadian Pairs who had met the ISU minimum scores to replace the pairs team.

Maybe Skate Canada is embarrassed by this, so they decided not to announce it?

SkateToronto

On the Ice

That's pretty bad, especially considering Canada is usually fairly competitive in pairs.

Daniskater

Spectator
Oh makes sense. I would presume that they will have to move up to seniors next year. Wonder if they're ready.

bibi

On the Ice
hi!
I was just wondering, does the fact that Nam won Junior Worlds mean that Canada will have 2 entries at each JGP for men next year?
Also is it the same ladies in JGP next season because Alain got 3rd in term of ISU members (countries) in ranking at junior worlds?

Sara

On the Ice
Copied from JW's fb page:

" Canada has historically done very well at the junior world championships with a total of 33 medals, including three men's titles, a women's crown, three pairs gold medals, and one ice dance championship since the inaugural event in 1976. The last acquisition was the silver in Junior Pairs, gained in 2013 Worlds by Margaret Purdy /Michael Marinaro.

The attention at the 2014 Junior Worlds in Sofia is turned to Nam Nguyen. The boy made history at age 12, defeated skaters seven years his senior to become the youngest person to win the Canadian junior men’s figure skating title. Now it will be his third participation at Junior Worlds (12th last year). The 15-year-old Toronto skater ranked 5th among the Canadian veterans such as reigning world champion Patrick Chan at the 2014 National senior Championships.

“When he was 8, he competed with 12- and 13-year-olds. Every year he’s stepped into a higher level. He says he wants to enjoy the competition. He wants to entertain people” his mother Thu explains.
Both of Nam Nguyen's parents are from Vietnam. His father, Sony, moved to Canada in 1988 with his wife joining him in 1994. Sony is an engineer, while Thu works for a medical software company.

“He had the X-factor. He is a natural performer. The more people are watching him, the more he kind of brings it up. He is extremely musical. Some children interpret the music. He is the music” one of his choreographers, Joanne McLeod, said. Nam is coached by the famous Brian Orser.
Nam Nguyen got his first taste of the Olympics when he skated at the 2010 Winter Olympics gala in Vancouver. It was the Olympic champion Evan Lysacek who introduced him. By the way Lysacek was warmly applauded in Sofia’s Winter Sports Hall , when he won the silver at the 2001 Junior Worlds. Now is Nam Nguyen‘s turn to charm the Bulgarian public before competing for Canada maybe at the next 2018 Winter Games. "