Sex and the City | Golden Skate

Sex and the City

eliza88

On the Ice
Any "Sex and the City" fans here? The last episode was aired last night and I thought they did a fantastic job! A truly wonderful ending to a superb show...

eliza88

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am a fan, but I don't have HBO. I watch the show when I visit my parents. I am careful not to read any spoilers, since I am planning to watch it on Wednsday (not that I can't guess how it will end, and it's probably NOT the ending I've wanted for Kerry).

Antilles

Medalist
I'm a huge fan of the show. I'm in Canada, and I won't see the final episode for another month, but I couldn't wait to find out what happens. I read an article on it. It sounds great, and I'm very pleased with the endings for all of the characters.

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't get HBO either, but have been able to follow the trials and tribulations of the ladies by word of mouth, promos and various articles. The power went out at my house around 8PM and I invite myself over to my cousin's when I found out the power would be out til 9:30. I totally forgot that SAtC was on Sunday nights and was able to watch the final episode.

I loved it. To avoid spoilers, I'll just say I want a Smith for myself and enjoyed Carrie's ending, too.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Hmm, life without sex?!? What will I do now on my Sun nights? lol I am a huge fan of Sex and the City! Always have been! I think they ended the show properly.. I was pleased with the final episode.. They are talking about making a movie and the only way this will work is if they use all the original cast.. Which I'm sure they will..
I have read in articles that there is alittle tension between the three girls and Sara Jessica Parker.. Since Sara Jessica is an Executive Producer she is entitled to rights to DVD and video sales... The other three girls are not.. There is an article with Kim Cantrell (Samantha) in last weeks Newsweek.. Check it out!
Goodbye, Sex and the City..You are definatley at the top of my DVD collection!....................Peace

Seonaid920

On the Ice
I'm a big fan and loved the final episode. I think I'll have to start collecting the DVD's so I can always watch it. I hope they do a movie - that would be great.

loved Kristin Davis' (charlotte's) purple coat in the final episode.
I'll miss the clothes
:cry:

heyang

Record Breaker
I heard that they are trying to make a Sex & The CIty movie within the next 3 months. Apparently, Kim Cattrell is the only hold out. Rumor speculates that she has asked for script and director approval. Supposedly, Kim felt that SJP was more respected by the crew, producers and directors and was, therefore, treated special. Heck, SJP was the star - of course, she's the featured character.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So how does it end? I was not an avid fan, but might watch the last episode.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
heyang said:
I heard that they are trying to make a Sex & The CIty movie within the next 3 months. Apparently, Kim Cattrell is the only hold out. Rumor speculates that she has asked for script and director approval. Supposedly, Kim felt that SJP was more respected by the crew, producers and directors and was, therefore, treated special. Heck, SJP was the star - of course, she's the featured character.

There's been talk of friction between these 4 since the series began. It's all baseless. People working closely together in ANY situation occasionally get on each others nerves.

As for SJP, all of the women acknowledged throughout the series that SJP is the main character and they are her supporting players. And as for special treatment - SJP is not just the star, she's a producer. So she does a LOT of behind the scenes work with the crew that the other actors never get involved in.

It could be that Kim wants to wait to see the quality of the script. And I don't blame her. I'm actually skeptical about a feature length film. It could really be cheesy to take a 30 minute formula and turn it into a movie. I mean Sex and the City is like a really sweet dessert. In small doses, it's JUST right. But if you binge, all you end up with is a upset stomache.

eliza88

On the Ice
I too am wary about a movie BUT I have enormous confidence in the writers of the show. This crew of writers has consistently churned out episodes of quality, creativity, comedy, honesty, and thought provoking issues....

The season finale for me was so perfect, I can't imagine adding on to it! But if they make a movie, I'll be glad to stand in a 2 hour line!!

eliza88

Antilles

Medalist
Spoiler

Lad, How it ends:

Carrie leaves Paris and gets back together with Big. His name is finally revealed to be John.

That's the main story. Charlotte and her hubby announce they are adopting a baby from China, Smith and Samantha stay toghether, and I didn't hear much about Miranda, but I think she invites her mother in law to move in with her and her family.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Skate Sandee:

Actually, the story I heard straight from "Jimmy Hollywood" is that Kim Catrell had designs on Matthew Broderick - (Sarah's hubby!) and that is how it started. She then was not invited to a party that Sarah threw for the cast and crew!

Oh well, that is show biz!!!!

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Antilles:

Thanks for the info!! I really like "Mr. Big." I liked his character "Mike" on Law and Order. The show went down hill when he left.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OK, I just saw it. I thought it was ALL too cheesy. But I WILL miss the the show nonetheless...

Seonaid920

On the Ice
SJP was on Larry King Live last night. One caller asked if she would still get together for lunches with 'the girls' and SJP mentioned that she hopes so but that Kristin (Charlotte) lives in LA and Cynthia (Miranda) has 2 kids so it will be hard to get together. She didn't mention Kim Catrall at all. hmmmmmm!!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
Lad, I loved him on L&O too. He was the best of the "young" detectives.
I guess there is no accounting for taste. I certainly liked Benjamin Pratt better, and even Jessy Martin (though not as much as Pratt).