Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating? | Golden Skate

Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I probably will be tuned into the skating for the most part, but I will watch highlights from some of the other events. The CBC always does an awesome job of covering the Olympics and other sports events. I am sure they will do a great job of covering the Sochi Olympics.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have a priority list of course.

FS, Snowboard, Ice Hockey, Alpine, Nordic / Biathlon, Curling etc.

But I always watch everything, I am a sports junky and not so much bound to a specific athlete or competition. I watched every single event of the London 2012 after I came back from the actual Olympics - in full length :agree:

And if there is a catch up feature for Sochi, then I will do the same again.

RobinA

On the Ice
I am an Olympic junkie who will watch almost anything in winter. I will have reading at hand so I don't murder my TV over all the commercials.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'll watch quite a bit of other sports, primarily ski jumping, cross country, biathalon, short & long track speed skating, Shaun White, luge, bobsled.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
100% skating I think, I'm not really interested in any other Winter Olympics discipline... :biggrin:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love the Olympics and usually get totally drawn into whatever sport is on. But, I wouldn't mind watching only figure skating. The thing is, NBC shows bits and pieces of figure skating interspersed with many other sports. So, I pretty much have to watch whatever else airs in primetime to finish watching figure skating. The old broadcasting trick of airing the best stuff last certainly works in my case. :laugh:

Gigi13

On the Ice
I'm watching only figure skating however I'm missing the original broadcast of the Olympics because of college :cry: but I'll watch it over again online when I come home...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apart from figure skating, my favourtie winter sport is ski jumping. So I will definitely be watching both the Men's and Women's competitions, along with the jumping phase of the Nordic Combined (I don't really like cross-country skiing, so I never watch that half of the Nordic Combined).

Over the past few weeks, I have been watching a bit of the women's alpine skiing, and the women's biathlon. But, given the schedule of the Olympics, I don't know if I will have time to watch these as well.

Although I don't know much about snowboarding, I will probably watch the women's slopestyle as well, as there is a Northern Irish girl competing in it! ;) :biggrin:

So, along with Jenna, that's 2 girls from Northern Ireland definitely competing in Sochi!!! And, although it has not been confirmed yet, there will probably be a third girl in the alpine skiing!!! :biggrin:

For a country as small as ours, three competing at a Winter Olympics is a big achievement!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Mentalopes

Rinkside
Skeleton for sure, and maybe some curling and ice hockey matches.
Ski jumping will be also something I'd like to watch.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I'm not primarily a figure skating fan, so I'll watch just about everything I have the time to watch.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Will watch as much as I can! :)

Looking forward to hockey, freestyle skiing (moguls and aerials), curling, and of course figure skating. But some of the other ones are really exciting to watch like short track speed skating. There's something more thrilling about the winter olympic racing events... ice makes it that much faster.

The most impressive ones to me are the skiiers, like the sheer core strength and control to go downhill like that is amazing... they remind me of pairs skaters when they land throws.

centerpt1

On the Ice
I watch everything except hockey and curling. Figure skating is my favorite, bit I also love short track.

meem

On the Ice
All disciplines of figures skating (of course!); ski jumping; the downhill (scares the heck out of me but I can't resist); all slaloms; bobsled; luge; all snowboarding events. Winter Olympics have always been my favorite, probably because I grew up in the northeast USA and loved sledding, ice skating (on big puddles, ponds, swamps, rinks, wherever). I'm hoping Dick Button will get some interviews throughout the skating coverage (like he did in Vancouver). IMO, it's not the winter olympics w/o Uncle Dickie.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
1. figure skating -as much as possible- (especially Ladies' singles!)
Time permitting: Short track (medal finals), ski jumping and curling (finals and decisive matches only).
That's all :popcorn:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'll only make a point of watching the figure skating. I'll watch the other events if I don't have anything else to do.

KKonas

Medalist
When I am at the OWG I usually only have time to watch the figure skating and some short track events as they are both in the same arena. At home, which I will be this OWG, I also watch most of the skiing, snowboarding, speed skating, luge, and bobsled events. I don't watch hockey or curling.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If Tiddly Winks was an Olympic event, I'd watch it. Yes, I'm that much of a junkie. Hell I even watch the uberpuff show AFTER the main show and before the late late night events. Then I watch the late late night events (in the summer Olympics it's like the only time you get to see volleyball, which I love watching).

Of course I can stop anytime I want to. No, really. Stop laughing.

;)