Do we know the entries yet for all the disciplines??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Do we know the entries yet for all the disciplines???

BlackPack

Medalist
Alexandra Paul probably has the best photo on that train wreck.

Fabian, Jason Brown, Bates, Brooklee, Felicia..... so sorry....:laugh:

It's incredible that it's possible to make the normally gorgeous people look that scary:disapp:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Buy where can we find the detailed entries for each discipline?

katymay

Medalist
I think Brooklee Han's looks even worse in terms of expression. Meryl's makes her look high. And Polina's is definitely a selfie.

Most of these photos look like passport application pictures, but notice most of the Russian women look fantastic (makeup), especially Viktoria S....also Alexandra Paul's photo is fantastic. Most of them though...not so much.

LRK

Record Breaker
I've only got to C and so many of these photos are like 4 am. drunken mug shots, lol I had to check several times to recognize Anna Cappellini! The "best" so far though: Fabian Bourzat and Evan Bates! :rofl:

You know it's bad when even Charlie White looks borderline creepy... :slink:

I did think that it looked like a Wall of Figure Skating's Most Wanted - Beware! Do not let yourselves be fooled by their innocent - and in some cases fragile - appearances. These are dangerous criminals! Armed with razor sharp blades - and used to appealing to your feelings, they will not leave you with a penny to your name! Stay clear!

Note: And still no photo of Brian? Really?! - He is an especially devious criminal, whose face no one has seen.... named The Shadow! (or whatever "shadow" is in French... )

robinhood

Rinkside
There are pictures of Wenjing Sui and Cong Han, as well as Cheng Peng and Hao Zhang and Pang/Tong....I thought China only had 2 entries in pairs

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I don't know why athlete photos have to be so bad... World Cup player photos are also this terrible.

It's so wrong if even Elena Ilinykh looks like a plain Jane in a DUI mugshot.

They serve the same function as passport pictures: to identify the athlete. As long as it vaguely looks like them its good enough. I'm sure if there was a gallery of those athlete's passport pictures it wouldn't look much better.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Looking at these again, besides the horrible-looking ones (which are most of them, at no fault of the skaters who are actually better looking than the pictures show), there are some really good pictures here.

Bazarova looks pretty. Stefania Berton would look better if they minimized the lipstick because holy bright red. Brezina has a good pic. I like Andrea Davidovich's and Viktoria Helgesson's.

Tessa's looks like a fashion magazine picture, wow.

Hahahahaha Felicia Zhang's looks nearly cross-eyed. Which is unfortunate because she's a rather lovely girl. I wonder what the skaters say when they see these pictures chosen.

desertskates

Medalist
Omg, that was amusing. Only Meryl, Viktoria and Tessa manage to pull off anything not remotely resembling a police mugshot. Thanks for putting this up, I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about my crappy DL photo :p
Like somebody said earlier, almost all of these folks look they were yanked fresh off a 12 hour flight and photographed right then and there.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Those are some of the WORST photos I have ever seen! If someone's photo makes my driver's license or passport photo look good, that's really saying something. Yikes! I bet some of them got some laughs, though.

cvg16

Rinkside
Im not really sure where to look...so can I ask if there would be a cut between the short program and the long program? like, would there be skaters who wont make it to the long? thanks!

Im not really sure where to look...so can I ask if there would be a cut between the short program and the long program? like, would there be skaters who wont make it to the long? thanks!

24 single skaters go through to the FS. In the past, all Pairs and Ice Dancers made it to the free but they've recently cut the numbers down. I can't recall for sure whether this is in effect already or from 2018.