2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

emma

Record Breaker
^I wish I could! The worst part is that I won't be free at all from 2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time through 9 pm....that's going to be a very long wait for me! Thankfully, I "freed" my Friday schedule!!!

Becki

Medalist
So the gold medal will be decided in the short program then? Or if Patrick Chan skates the skate of his life like he did in EB?

Well, as a Canadian I will be thrilled if Canada gets its first gold in men's figure skating, but it won't be the end of the world if Yuzuru Hanyu wins gold. In fact I will be quite happy because Yuzuru is a beautiful skater to watch both off and on the ice. On the other hand Patrick's step sequences are impressive. Sigh. Too bad I can't combine their best qualities into one.

Go Canada! Go Japan!

(As for Bronze, assuming that Plushenko stay in it the entire way, he will probably get it, given Takahashi's injury this season, which is SO unfortunate.)

If Patrick wins gold, it'll be the first for a Canadian man AND man of Asian ethnicity. In other words, between Patrick and Yuzu, whoever wins gold will be the first Asian man to do so. I like the odds :)

kresslia

Medalist
As much as I prefer Yuzuru's personality, I will be hoping for Patrick here. It would be wonderful to see Canada finally win gold in men's skating. But it's not going to happen this year. Yuzuru has all the momentum, he WILL win the gold medal. Mark my words. Canada is going to have to pin their hopes on the next great Canadian men's skater.

Patrick cannot handle the pressure. He will crumble. And btw, if he does crumble, he is going to be one of very few athletes who will get panned by the usually friendly Canadian media (the others being probably just the Canadian men's hockey team). Canada wants that gold pretty bad.

I persist in hoping for Daisuke. If he doesn't make it, I will root for Patrick (really, for Canada; I have wanted them to bag the gold for several Olympics now).

pitterpatter

On the Ice
To be honest I'd be happy if either of them win, as they are both amazing, well rounded skaters. Yuzuru is my favourite, but Patrick would make a worthy OGM for Canada. Hoping that we get to crown a country's first Mens OGM this time around!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To be honest I'd be happy if either of them win, as they are both amazing, well rounded skaters. Yuzuru is my favourite, but Patrick would make a worthy OGM for Canada. Hoping that we get to crown a country's first Mens OGM this time around!

We would have a pretty good odds at that no? Out of my top six contenders, five of them are from countries with no OGM in men's figure skating...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
My main wish for the SP is just for Jeremy to have a redeeming skate. A medal overall would be awesome. However, right now, I just want him to have an SP (and a FS as well) that he can be proud of.

PftJump

On the Ice
The Russian will get PuCS, the others only PCS.

And At least in this Olympics, no inflation. Guarantee it!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
We would have a pretty good odds at that no? Out of my top six contenders, five of them are from countries with no OGM in men's figure skating...

:agree: I'm setting myself up for a positive outcome! ;) (In the interest of reducing my anxiety).

ucrgirl

On the Ice
How does Lysacek know this again? By the way where is Lysacek right now? He's not commentating for NBC (that honour go to Johnny Weir) so where did he get this information?

He is IN Sochi. He was probably watching the practice. I bet that he is there in some sort of official capacity too. It seems that the US networks have hired every past Olympian to make a TV appearance and do media.

vegarin

On the Ice
Now I really want to see Patrick win in Russia. There's no chance of inflation sticking to his win if he does in Sochi.

Becki

Medalist
Now I really want to see Patrick win in Russia. There's no chance of inflation sticking to his win if he does in Sochi.

I am a HUGE Yuzuru fan but I also want Patrick to win. I am not a huge Patrick fan but if he skates two clean (and perfect) programs, he'll win. I do want to see a Canadian man win a OGM in FS. Hope he delivers.

I hope EVERY SKATER delivers.

Yuzuru has another four years, and he WILL win the OGM if not this year, then in 2018.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
If Daisuke is clean and will be behind Plushenko I'll cry. Oh, maybe I'll cry anyway. :cry: Can't believe the end is near.

Oh, I know I will cry. I can't believe it's almost over.

Too many thoughts about too many skaters and no time to write them down. The worst part is, I don't even have access to a TV to watch on anymore :( Chan is consistent, Yuzuru is mind-blowing, Plushenko is a machine.. I wish all of them luck, and have no idea who will win.. I go back and forth with so many different reasons, but there is no point to write them down because in the end I will never get anywhere. The ice is slippery. My heart is cheering for Daisuke, and I just want him to show his best to the world.

All the skaters have been working for this for so long and this is their one shot at their dream - so many are going to bring me to tears. Best of luck to all the skaters, and a special extra wish for Daisuke <3

Friday will be it for so many. I hate goodbyes :no: :cry:

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am a HUGE Yuzuru fan but I also want Patrick to win. I am not a huge Patrick fan but if he skates two clean (and perfect) programs, he'll win. I do want to see a Canadian man win a OGM in FS. Hope he delivers.

I hope EVERY SKATER delivers.

Yuzuru has another four years, and he WILL win the OGM if not this year, then in 2018.
Agreed, I hope every skater does well

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gooooooooooooooo Brendan! Oh, I hope he does so well! I would give so much to see him land everything and go beautifully clean in both programs! It would be so wonderful! No chance of elimination in SP bar a Jeremy-style meltdown, so I'm happy to see his new LP again! I loved what I saw of it at Australian Nationals.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm so excited!

Florencito

Medalist
Am I the only one who's not rooting for either Chan or Hanyu? :laugh:
Anyway my dream top 4 is a pipe dream, so I just hope for Javier, Jeremy, Daisuke and Tomas to skate the best they can and (for three of them) to enjoy what's going to be the last or second to last competition of their career :cry:
Good luck to everyone.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm rooting for Daisuke. Him getting through his programs without too many mistakes is all that counts to me. I also want Javier to do well. I wish all the men will deliver their best tonight. It is hard for me because it is the end of Daisukes career. The ISU changed their facebook page picture to Daisukes ending pose in Vancouver. Oh, so many feelings.