2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

fredtx121

On the Ice
Poor judging:
Javier Fernandez being in 3rd- he should of had a score close to 82
Yan Han 's PCS are way to high.

Bronze is a real toss up but here's hoping for Jason!! =)

BlackPack

Medalist
What happened?

Johnny said Leibers isn't memorable. Then Tara said isn't (skating to) Coldplay memorable? Johnny didn't respond, and then Terri (who often knows skating better than the dimwits who comment) said the performance was memorable. Drama on the ice, drama in the stands!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The audience, even skating fans, seem to go mainly by the Free and by the most visible errors instead of total merits.

I think the audience has been conditioned over the last 20 or so years to look at the SP as the "weeding out" phase. And I still think most people who are casual fans just do not get the idea that rotations count more than staying on one's feet (and perhaps nor should they).

Very strange SP, even for the Olympics. It was like a Lifetime movie "Based on a true story."

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think bronze will go to either Javier, bc of his 3 quads and Tatsuki, who had proven he can comeback from behind skate 170+ LP. Both Dai and Ten are a big question mark with their injury.

Becki

Medalist
Johnny said Leibers isn't memorable. Then Tara said isn't (skating to) Coldplay memorable? Johnny didn't respond, and then Terri (who often knows skating better than the dimwits who comment) said the performance was memorable. Drama on the ice, drama in the stands!

Totally BS. Liebers was more than memorable, he was remarkable! This guy is having the SOHL at the Olympics!

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Of the 10 skaters who are battling for bronze, here are some that have good enough PCS to keep them up

1. Javier 43.11
2. Dai 44.65
3. Denis 41.57
4. Tatsuki 42.50

One of these will get the bronze. There's no way the others can keep up in the LP.

jason's pcs were held down because he was in third group. If he skates clean in the final group, his PCS will be higher and he has a good chance.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
jason's pcs were held down because he was in fourth group. If he skates clean in the final group, his PCS will be higher and he has a good chance.

Brown wont get the bronze if Fernandez or Takahashi go even close to clean. Takahashi might well not, but Fernandez probably will.

BlackPack

Medalist
Totally BS. Liebers was more than memorable, he was remarkable! This guy is having the SOHL at the Olympics!

Agreed. And Terry knew. We all do. Liebers is a beautiful skater.

I'm no Joubert fan but he was robbed. I don't think his PCS were that bad. Everything he did was quite good. He deserves to be in the Final Group. Fernandez is overmarked.

ARipp42014

Medalist

chloepoco

Medalist
I think bronze will go to either Javier, bc of his 3 quads and Tatsuki, who had proven he can comeback from behind skate 170+ LP. Both Dai and Ten are a big question mark with their injury.

Oh, I would love for either scenario to happen---if Javier wins bronze, and Hanyu gold or silver, Orser will have two on the podium!!! And if Tatsuki get bronze with Hanyu g or s, Japan will have two podium!!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason just needs to look at being in the final group as setting himself up for 2018 and forget about winning a medal though it would be nice.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if they want Jason Brown on the podium. I would bet the ISU would LOVE for the US skating marketplace to revive and Jason is, by all appearances, their best bet for doing so at the present moment. Just a thought.