Michael Christian Martinez | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Michael Christian Martinez

foruiz

Final Flight
Animo Michael! (Borrowing the cheer of the rival school of my undergrad college ;))

Ah, you were from the other side of Katips! It's MCM Fight for me then! ;) on topic: i do hope he improves as impressively like Misha too. His POTO music cuts are not bad, well compared to Kana.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Ah, you were from the other side of Katips! It's MCM Fight for me then! ;)

Oh I also went to the Diliman Republic so I join you in MCM Fight and also add a Fabilioh cheer for Michael. :)

Speaking of schools, I hope Michael doesn't neglect his education while skating competitively and follow the likes of Yuzuru (reportedly a straight A student at Waseda and taking courses online) :bow: and Ricky Dornbush (physics major no less at the University of California in San Diego) :bow:

i do hope he improves as impressively like Misha too. His POTO music cuts are not bad, well compared to Kana.

I think the department where Misha really improved is the jumps, and this is where I think Michael needs to step up to be a contender. He just turned 18 (to Misha's 23) so I think he has time to do that.

In the future, I hope he does a program to OPM (Original Pinoy (Pilipino) Music).

staccato

Rinkside
I'll join all the other Katips people, then! Heart Strong, MCM, and hoping you'll do well at the Warsaw Cup!

chezzu

On the Ice
Lots of Filipinos in this forum hehe that's to be expected. Hi from the Diliman Republic~

I love Michael so much! I enjoyed his SkAm programs (so flexible!) I really hope he improves this season and does well in his next competition :)

foruiz

Final Flight
In the future, I hope he does a program to OPM (Original Pinoy (Pilipino) Music).

That would be very interesting. If he can get invited in Galas, an EX would also be a good way to try that one out. And if and when he does OPM, that will be a very nice element on my current research on that specific genre. :dance:

Maybe I have been spoiled by Yuzuru too much to ask for quads from MCM. I doesn't help that Nam has his 4S already. MCM said he will be working on it but unlike Caluza I have not seem him on videos doing practices on quads yet.

Last edited:

MystiqueDragon

Rinkside
He never posts vids of him practicing haha.
Always just selfies and a caption saying he's done with practice.

But I believe he'll get there eventually. He really needs to step up his game if he wants to continuously improve himself (which I'm sure he does).
Even a 4T would be a good start. ; w;

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
That would be very interesting. If he can get invited in Galas, an EX would also be a good way to try that one out. And if and when he does OPM, that will be a very nice element on my current research on that specific genre. :dance:

Your research sounds interesting! What OPM songs will you recommend Michael to skate to?

chantastic

Rinkside
Michael's currently in second after the short program, and his score is a season's and personal best! :cheer:

foruiz

Final Flight

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
My dissertation is on OPM and identity choices. Since I never saw MCM in an edgy program yet maybe rock music with nationalistic content would be good. :cheer:

Here is MCM's SP in the Warsaw Cup. I do not know how to change the url to text, sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSu_zaaBSo&list=UUWrFvAJ6IWxNFXSkqc6KWRA

I like your suggestion. :thumbsup: Michael has showmanship and could bring the house down with such a program.
Good luck too on your dissertation. :)

Thanks for the link. You can highlight the description and then click the link button (the one with the blue and green globe and uh link) and then type in the URL in the dialogue box that appears

My favorites (Michael and Tatsuki) are both in second after the SP in their respective competitions, albeit just a few points behind.

Wishing Michael a great skate tomorrow!

yhmafan

Medalist
I saw almost all men’s SP in Warsaw(some of the videos doesn’t work for me) , and there are only two skaters who actually caught my eyes.
I would say MCM the best (for me). I really like his SP this season (and that beautiful biellmann spin!). He has talent indeed.
I really hope his more success as a skater!! Way to go MCM :clap::cheer2:

foruiz

Final Flight
Arrgh, that was quite a huge gap from Petrov. Nevertheless, congratulations MCM for winning silver in the Warsaw Cup!:cheer:

yhmafan

Medalist
congratulations MCM :clap:

I haven't seen men's LP yet, I have not enough time to see it right now. but definitely will watch them later on!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
That is a great SP by Michael, really enjoyed it!

There's something humbling and amazing when you have a great skate in a humble rink some where in the world with may be only a few audience, but they are clearly excited by what they saw and make it known. Look forward to the LP, his POTO is one of the best in the season, his great musicality and expression really helps! Hope he skate it clean.

Eclair

Medalist
Youtube blocked it :'(
But I saw his free skate at SA and his phantom is my favourite this season! Wishing him well for worlds this year :cheer: You can do it!