Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

deneuved

On the Ice
In addition to what Rikku said, German public broadcasters ARD/ZDF *will* broadcast everything figure skating-esque, but mostly only on their live streams on the net. Not much will actually reach the televised editions on ARD/ZDF which are free-to-air on satellite in Europe. The whole men's/pair team SP will be broadcast on ZDF's livestream, but we don't know yet if they will be geoblocked or not. Usually, they don't bother with geoblocks.....but we'll see.

Alex D

Record Breaker
THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!! :biggrin:

I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!! :biggrin:

I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

Vielen Dank

CaroLiza_fan

A few infos on the German coverage.

If you can only get ARD and ZDF then don't bother, its not worth it. They do not broadcast live and only show the winning performances. However, if you have internet then you can watch ARD and ZDF extra channels, but they will be geo blocked so you must unblock them first.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A few infos on the German coverage.

If you can only get ARD and ZDF then don't bother, its not worth it. They do not broadcast live and only show the winning performances. However, if you have internet then you can watch ARD and ZDF extra channels, but they will be geo blocked so you must unblock them first.

Ah, right. I'll stick to the BBC livestreams, then.

Thanks to you and everybody else who replied for the info.

Here is the link for the Official BBC Livestreaming Channel for today's figure skating competitions

Official BBC Livestream Channel

As yet, I don't know if the link will be the same for the rest of the Figure Skating competitions. But, we'll find out on Saturday!

As I said earlier in this thread, today's figure skating will also be shown on BBCi1.

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Digital satellite (Europe):
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “6390”​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that I have just re-scanned my Free-To-Air satellite receiver, and have added the details on how to receive BBCi1 to my post above.

For details on how to receive the other BBC channels, see my first post in this thread.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

taka

Rinkside
Further to CaroLiza_fan's post above. :)
Upon rescanning my PVR and set top box last night (both Freeview) I gained a 2nd BBC Red button channel: Channel 302. This also appears to be showing various Winter Olympics events though I've not spotted any Figure skating listed on 302 yet.

Other ways of accessing coverage:
BBC sports app for tablets / mobiles /connected TVs
BBC's Connected Red Button service on Virgin Media TiVo and Sony Freeview Smart TVs

I can access BBC sports app via my PVR at home so I'll see what is available and report back this evening. Yesterday it was just lots of short videos of various sports.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm geoblocked from the Russian stream but the BBC livestream works perfectly so far - with Expat Shield. Watching some snowboarding highlights. 'Coming UP: Figure Skating':biggrin:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just spoke to someone from German TV, she said there will be all live broadcasts available for Video on Demand. So if you miss something you can get the video there. But its Geo blocked so you must use a VPN.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Further to CaroLiza_fan's post above. :)
Upon rescanning my PVR and set top box last night (both Freeview) I gained a 2nd BBC Red button channel: Channel 302. This also appears to be showing various Winter Olympics events though I've not spotted any Figure skating listed on 302 yet.

Other ways of accessing coverage:
BBC sports app for tablets / mobiles /connected TVs
BBC's Connected Red Button service on Virgin Media TiVo and Sony Freeview Smart TVs

I can access BBC sports app via my PVR at home so I'll see what is available and report back this evening. Yesterday it was just lots of short videos of various sports.

You know, it's a good job you posted this, because if you hadn't, I wouldn't have noticed a pretty major mistake I made when editing my first post earlier!

After copying the details for BBCi1 and pasting them in for BBCi2, I remembered to change the satellite tuning details, but forgot to change the Freeview number! Oops! :eek::

I've fixed that now, though. And I've added in the details for BBC1, just in case they start showing Olympic stuff. I think most of the TV coverage is going to be on BBC2 and BBCi, but they might put stuff on BBC1 at the weekends like they do with other sports.

Thank you again

CaroLiza_fan

Numerous Russian channels are showing the Olympics live. So if you get a TVTeka subscription you can easily watch everything both live and on-demand later as it's going to be archived for 2 years or so.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
NBCOlympics is apparently livestreaming every single event even if it's not on a TV channel.

And BBC America is pretty good quality if it's similar to London 2012, with ExPat Shield (which seems to work pretty well)

Greekmango

Rinkside
NBCOlympics is apparently livestreaming every single event even if it's not on a TV channel.

And BBC America is pretty good quality if it's similar to London 2012, with ExPat Shield (which seems to work pretty well)

I'm in Switzerland and I can't get access to the streaming on NBC or BBC. Help!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm in Switzerland and I can't get access to the streaming on NBC or BBC. Help!

For NBC, you have to have a cable provider unfortunately.

For BBC, look through the thread. The necessary VPN has been referenced a few times.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
You know, it's a good job you posted this, because if you hadn't, I wouldn't have noticed a pretty major mistake I made when editing my first post earlier!

After copying the details for BBCi1 and pasting them in for BBCi2, I remembered to change the satellite tuning details, but forgot to change the Freeview number! Oops! :eek::

I've fixed that now, though. And I've added in the details for BBC1, just in case they start showing Olympic stuff. I think most of the TV coverage is going to be on BBC2 and BBCi, but they might put stuff on BBC1 at the weekends like they do with other sports.

Thank you again

CaroLiza_fan
So on Sky I can only access the Winter Olympic coverage on BBC, then by pressing the Red Button & getting two extra BBCi Channels ?.
That's a shame as two years ago the BBC gave us extra channels by numbers too, so we did not have to go through the Red Button when watching London 2012.
I think they were after the Eurosport channels on Sky.
I wonder how much of the figure skating will be shown on those two extra channels ?.

Mistral

Spectator
This is probably a really stupid question, but NBC is going to post the videos online for the events after they're done, right? I mean, they won't just be streaming live?

taka

Rinkside
I get the message "Dieser Inhalt ist aus rechtlichen Gründen nur in Deutschland abrufbar" and no picture. Guessing that means it is geoblocked from the UK.