Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

elle_e

On the Ice
I don't know if this has already been posted, but for anyone in Australia (I have no idea whether this is geoblocked or not) if channel ten or one aren't showing figure skating, the tenplay website will be livestreaming it.

The team men's, ladies and dance frees will be on live stream number 1- starting at 2:00am AEST.

BlackPack

Medalist
I subscribed to Icenetwork a few days ago. I can't find any Olympics videos except the Teleconferences. Is $50 down the drain? :-(

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IN will have Worlds, so the money is not for nothing. And the U.S. Nationals coverage is great.

jotay

Spectator
This is probably something all U.S. Time Warner subscribers know, but just in case. If you are a Time Warner customer and have an ipad (or probably a smartphone), you can download NBC's free app. It requires a username and password but all you have to do is create an account at twcc.com. I actually called TW and a very helpful guy walked me through it and made sure it worked. Now I can watch live! I just thought I'd mention this in case there are other older watchers who also are not adept at this stuff.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that the Men's FS will be starting soon.

Now, because they are showing the Luge until its completion, BBCi1 will not be joining the Men's FS today until 15:30 GMT.

HOWEVER, the Figure Skating will be shown in its entirety on the BBC website, from 14:55 GMT. (i.e. 5 minutes time)

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestream page that was used for any of the previous competitions

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the ski jumping is labelled “BBC RB 1”​

As the skating will now be on a channel that I can record, I will not be leaving before the Free Dance, to have my tea and watch the ski jumping competition (as it is only available via the online coverage), and then playing catch-up with the skating later on.

So, that is why I will be relatively quiet on the forum this afternoon.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
WOW ! The BBC really screwed up the Ice Dance coverage.
Changing channels half way through V/M skate.
WHY ?!.
Really bad.
Even Eurosport would not have done this.

BlackPack

Medalist
IN will have Worlds, so the money is not for nothing. And the U.S. Nationals coverage is great.

Thanks... I guess watching the NBC recap stream would be enough... Stupid question - there is no way I can forward to a certain time frame on the stream? It crashed several times. I already watched the Ladies, and I have to wait for Ladies to finish to get to where I last watched. Then it crashes again and I have to wait... at this rate I'll never get to watch the whole thing.

salander

Spectator
Thanks... I guess watching the NBC recap stream would be enough... Stupid question - there is no way I can forward to a certain time frame on the stream? It crashed several times. I already watched the Ladies, and I have to wait for Ladies to finish to get to where I last watched. Then it crashes again and I have to wait... at this rate I'll never get to watch the whole thing.

Unfortunately I am having the same issue -- I have no control over the video for the NBC olympics stream. I can't go forward or backward in the video :( . Is there any way around this?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyone out there can tell me where I can find the BBC replays online?

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Just to let you know the BBC red button will show the short dance Sunday but later that evening around 10.00 pm but not live.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Houston, we have a problem.

The Pairs Short starts in around 20 minutes time. The same time as the Women's Biathlon Pursuit. And neither of them are going to have LIVE coverage on BBC TV at the start time.

So, it you want LIVE coverage of the Pairs Short from the start, you will have to use the website

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestreaming channel that was used for any of the Team Event competitions

Fortunately, BBCi2 will be joining the Pairs Short at 15:45 GMT, just in time for Castelli /Shnapir

BBCi2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 302 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 978 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 76 (12.551V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 2

For details on when the BBC will show Biathlon highlights, see this post in the Biathlon thread.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

taka

Rinkside
WHY ?!.
Really bad.
^^^
This! Very annoying! I wanted to record them and now I have half their program missing (as I frantically played hunt the remote to switch and start recording the other channel!). :mad:

Anyone out there can tell me where I can find the BBC replays online?
As far as I can tell search for "figure skating" and choose TV and radio on the LHS under categories. I think it's the BBC 2 coverage only that is listed - no signs of the red button stuff, sorry.

luvsasha

Final Flight
Has anyone found the on demand figure skating on NBC Olympisc.com? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

auser

Record Breaker
Has anyone found the on demand figure skating on NBC Olympisc.com? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Here is the link for the nbcolympics liveextra schedule and links to full event replays: http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympics-live-extra-schedule
Here is a link for the replay of today's pair short program, scroll down to the section under figure skating:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/2014-sochi-winter-olympics-day-4
It is confusing. I hope this helps.:) If anyone has found a way to pause, rewind or forward the nbcolympics live extra (on demand) player on the web, I would be grateful for any tips. I haven't found any controls for this so far.:confused2:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The BBC Red Button are showing the pairs free from 4.00pm until 5.30pm, so that cut's off before the last two groups.
So maybe then BBC Two will pick up the coverage ?.
Anyone have any info ?.
After what they did during V/M free dance in the team event I don't really trust the BBC to do a good job !.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The BBC Red Button are showing the pairs free from 4.00pm until 5.30pm, so that cut's off before the last two groups.
So maybe then BBC Two will pick up the coverage ?.
Anyone have any info ?.

Mmmm. I hadn't actually thought that the LIVE coverage might switch over to BBC2. I thought the stuff on BBC2 was just highlights of what was being shown on the streams and the Interactive Channels.

It might help if the BBC had proper listings for what they were going to be showing on BBC2, rather than just 3 or 4 hour long blocks that said "Winter Olympics"!

After what they did during V/M free dance in the team event I don't really trust the BBC to do a good job !.

I don't blame you for not trusting them. I had my own rant about the Team Free Dance in the Women's Alpine Skiing thread the following morning.

Like, I know the BBC do this all the time when they are showing snooker on the Interactive Channels. But, at least they put up a ticker-tape a few minutes beforehand to warn us that they are going to leave, and to give us time to get our computers set up.

But, they didn't give us the courtesy of a warning during the skating. All we got was a set of Olympic rings as a transition!

Since then, what I have been doing is having the livestream paused on the computer at the same time whenever the BBC are showing something on the TV as well, just in case.

It worked a treat for the Women's Ski Jumping last night, as I was able to pause the first round on the computer to watch once the Pairs SP was over. Except I made the mistake of waiting until this morning to watch the 2nd Round, which I had recorded from the TV. So, I missed the podium.

But, I'm going away for the day on Sunday, so I won't be able to leave the online streams for the Super G, Short Dance and the Men's Big Hill competitions on all day to catch up on Monday morning.

WHY ?!.
Really bad.

I know you're not going to have any sympathy with me, but let me tell you a story about what Eurosport did to the snooker on Saturday.

As there was all the Free Skates from the Team Event on, as well as the Qualifying for the Men's Normal Hill ski jumping, I taped Eurosport's coverage of the Polish Open snooker, and watched it on Sunday morning.

In the afternoon match, my fellow Irishman Ken Doherty was playing Mark Joyce. They match went to the deciding frame. And in the middle of the deciding frame, we got the announcement "Sorry, but we're going to have to leave the snooker to go to the football." Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! :mad:

And they never showed the end of the frame!!! :eek:

Then, in the evening match, the Number 1 player in the Rankings, Australia's Neil Robertson was playing Scottish warhorse Alan McManus. And, when this match went level with one frame to play, it was announced "Sorry, but we're not going to be able to bring you the decider because we have to go to Equestrian." Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! :mad:

And they never showed the deciding frame!!! :eek:

So, if Eurosport is even doing this to snooker, you never know what they might do to the skating! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Mmmm. I hadn't actually thought that the LIVE coverage might switch over to BBC2. I thought the stuff on BBC2 was just highlights of what was being shown on the streams and the Interactive Channels.

It might help if the BBC had proper listings for what they were going to be showing on BBC2, rather than just 3 or 4 hour long blocks that said "Winter Olympics"!

I don't blame you for not trusting them. I had my own rant about the Team Free Dance in the Women's Alpine Skiing thread the following morning.

Like, I know the BBC do this all the time when they are showing snooker on the Interactive Channels. But, at least they put up a ticker-tape a few minutes beforehand to warn us that they are going to leave, and to give us time to get our computers set up.

But, they didn't give us the courtesy of a warning during the skating. All we got was a set of Olympic rings as a transition!

Since then, what I have been doing is having the livestream paused on the computer at the same time whenever the BBC are showing something on the TV as well, just in case.

It worked a treat for the Women's Ski Jumping last night, as I was able to pause the first round on the computer to watch once the Pairs SP was over. Except I made the mistake of waiting until this morning to watch the 2nd Round, which I had recorded from the TV. So, I missed the podium.

But, I'm going away for the day on Sunday, so I won't be able to leave the online streams for the Super G, Short Dance and the Men's Big Hill competitions on all day to catch up on Monday morning.

I know you're not going to have any sympathy with me, but let me tell you a story about what Eurosport did to the snooker on Saturday.

As there was all the Free Skates from the Team Event on, as well as the Qualifying for the Men's Normal Hill ski jumping, I taped Eurosport's coverage of the Polish Open snooker, and watched it on Sunday morning.

In the afternoon match, my fellow Irishman Ken Doherty was playing Mark Joyce. They match went to the deciding frame. And in the middle of the deciding frame, we got the announcement "Sorry, but we're going to have to leave the snooker to go to the football." Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

And they never showed the end of the frame!!! :eek:

Then, in the evening match, the Number 1 player in the Rankings, Australia's Neil Robertson was playing Scottish warhorse Alan McManus. And, when this match went level with one frame to play, it was announced "Sorry, but we're not going to be able to bring you the decider because we have to go to Equestrian." Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

And they never showed the deciding frame!!! :eek:

So, if Eurosport is even doing this to snooker, you never know what they might do to the skating!

CaroLiza_fan
My sister used to have a huge crush on Alan McManus when we were kids but that's another story :eek:
I checked the BBC Website & it is showing the pairs free at some stage on BBC but I think that's the final group.
The BBC Red Button stops showing Figure Skating at 5.25pm to go to Snowboarding, so the penultimate group kind of get's lost in the shuffle.
Our only hope is to watch the highlights on Red Button One at 10.00pm as last night on the highlights show they showed the ENTIRE Pairs Short Program including the pairs we missed on the live show.
But I may not be in the mood to watch by 10.00pm as I'm a Manchester United fan & if (Or when) we lose at Arsenal I think it's bed for me ;)

luvsasha

Final Flight
Here is the link for the nbcolympics liveextra schedule and links to full event replays: http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympics-live-extra-schedule
Here is a link for the replay of today's pair short program, scroll down to the section under figure skating:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/2014-sochi-winter-olympics-day-4
It is confusing. I hope this helps.:) If anyone has found a way to pause, rewind or forward the nbcolympics live extra (on demand) player on the web, I would be grateful for any tips. I haven't found any controls for this so far.:confused2:

Thanks so much! Yesterday there wasn't any controls, but it looks like it's there....maybe after the prime-time coverage? I don't know. But thank you again for helping me ;) Glad I'm not the only one who finds the site hard to navigate.