Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Virgin media cable - Red button on BBC channel works... But actually just takes you to channel 991 (RB 1) or 992 (RB 2).

Quicker and easier to go directly to 991 / 992 than use the BBC interactive red button, and futhermore you can schedule recordings on these channels.

They're not HD though, so BBC2 wins if it shows any skating (and they have been showing some of the skating live... duplicating red button... but in HD).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Virgin media cable - Red button on BBC channel works... But actually just takes you to channel 991 (RB 1) or 992 (RB 2).

Quicker and easier to go directly to 991 / 992 than use the BBC interactive red button, and futhermore you can schedule recordings on these channels.

They're not HD though, so BBC2 wins if it shows any skating (and they have been showing some of the skating live... duplicating red button... but in HD).

Right. Thank you for the info. I'll correct it the cable info next time I use it... which will be later in this post! ;)

Mmmm. So BBC2 have been showing skating. That will be great to get the coverage in HD. But, you're taking a chance on how much they will actually show.

And, for that matter, the BBC picture in SD has been good enough. Hey, I got a big enough eyeful from Vanessa James yesterday in SD. What would it have been like in HD?! :laugh:

A thing I have noticed, though. Even though it is not HD, the picture quality on the BBC Interactive Channels is much better on satellite than it is on Freeview.

Right, onto today. I checked the programme description of the BBC2 broadcast from 16:00 GMT - 19:00 GMT, and it says it will be showing "the conclusion of the pairs event in figure skating and the luge doubles. Plus curling action."

But the big question is - how much of it will be skating? I suspect that quite a lot of the broadcast will actually be luge and curling, as there will probably be more British representation in those than the skating (which is none!)

Details on how to receive BBC2 are in the first post in this thread.

The Pairs Free starts in around 20 minutes time. As I said above, the BBC2 broadcast starts in 35 minutes, and the same with BBCi2. So, it you want LIVE coverage of the Pairs Free from the start, you will have to use the website

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestreaming channel that was used for any of the previous competitions

BBCi2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 302 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 992 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 978 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 76 (12.551V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 2”​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
What was the point of the BBC waiting until the third group was about to start & then telling us they were leaving the coverage ?!.
It's now showing Curling on two channels & skating on none.
Am I the only sane person left ?!!!!!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just caught the Belgian reporter on Sporza / Canvas say they will air the SP from 4 pm local time, which means they are planning on airing right from the start (probably because of Jorick Hendrickx skating in group 1).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What was the point of the BBC waiting until the third group was about to start & then telling us they were leaving the coverage ?!.
It's now showing Curling on two channels & skating on none.
Am I the only sane person left ?!!!!!

Just a quick update for anybody reading this and thinking "Oh, this is awful"

About a minute after MidnightSkater's post, BBC2 started showing delayed ("as-live") coverage of all of the Group 3 routines. After Peng/Zhang, they cut to LIVE coverage of the end of the Group 4 Warm-up, and stayed with it until just before the Podium ceremony.

So, not as bad as it may have appeared in those 10 minutes when there appeared that the BBC would not be showing any skating on the TV.

It was not quite as bad as the time BBCi left the Team Ice Dance just as Virtue/Moir were about to start, as yesterday we had an announcer telling us that BBCi2 would be leaving the skating to go to snowboarding.

However, it would have been nice if she had also told us that the rest of the coverage of the skating would be starting on BBC2 10 minutes later, once the curling was over!

So, the BBC have not quite got it right yet. But, they're getting there...

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I just noticed that I had made a couple of mistakes in my Schedule lists. When typing out the full list of all sports I might want to watch, I had accidentally put all of the (non-Skating) events on Saturday 15th down as being on "Sunday 15th". Somewhat predictably, I consequently missed out the Short Dance being on Sunday 16th. :eek:: But, I've fixed all the lists now.

Which is even better, as that means I will only have to tape the Short Dance when I am away on Sunday, rather than a whole pile of other stuff as well (as the other stuff will actually be held on Saturday)! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If the BBC stick to their published schedule today, we should get ALL of the Men's SP on both TV and online! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It all kicks off in around 30 minutes.

Here is the livestreaming link:

And here are the details on how to receive BBCi1:

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 1”​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Just a quick update for anybody reading this and thinking "Oh, this is awful"

About a minute after MidnightSkater's post, BBC2 started showing delayed ("as-live") coverage of all of the Group 3 routines. After Peng/Zhang, they cut to LIVE coverage of the end of the Group 4 Warm-up, and stayed with it until just before the Podium ceremony.

So, not as bad as it may have appeared in those 10 minutes when there appeared that the BBC would not be showing any skating on the TV.

It was not quite as bad as the time BBCi left the Team Ice Dance just as Virtue/Moir were about to start, as yesterday we had an announcer telling us that BBCi2 would be leaving the skating to go to snowboarding.

However, it would have been nice if she had also told us that the rest of the coverage of the skating would be starting on BBC2 10 minutes later, once the curling was over!

So, the BBC have not quite got it right yet. But, they're getting there...

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I just noticed that I had made a couple of mistakes in my Schedule lists. When typing out the full list of all sports I might want to watch, I had accidentally put all of the (non-Skating) events on Saturday 15th down as being on "Sunday 15th". Somewhat predictably, I consequently missed out the Short Dance being on Sunday 16th. :eek:: But, I've fixed all the lists now.

Which is even better, as that means I will only have to tape the Short Dance when I am away on Sunday, rather than a whole pile of other stuff as well (as the other stuff will actually be held on Saturday)! :biggrin:
I know !.
I can't believe the BBC did a good thing.
It looks like the BBC will show the entire Short Dance, Free Dance & Ladies Short.
HAPPY !

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If the BBC stick to their published schedule today, we should get ALL of the Men's FS on both TV and online! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It all kicks off in around 1 hour. (I'm posting this now because I am going to watch the Women's Biathlon, which is not being shown on TV and which overlaps with the Men's FS)

And here are the details on how to receive BBCi2:

BBCi2 is available via:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If the BBC stick to their published schedule today, we should get ALL of the Short Dance on both TV and online! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As I said a few days ago, I am going away for the day. So, I will not be able to watch the Short Dance LIVE. But, as it is being shown on TV, I will be able to record it.

Unfortunately, being away means I will not be able to post the direct link for the BBC livestream, as all 6 livestreaming channels are going to be in use between now and then, and so I won't know which one will be used for the Ice Dance.

However, if you want to find it yourself nearer the time, here is a link to the BBC Winter Olympics home page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/2014

But, here are the details on how to receive BBCi2:

BBCi2 is available via:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This might be of interest to some people: livestreams can often be viewed on television screens through internet connected TVs through a special app, by streaming via devices like apple tv, by HDMI cable from computer or laptop to the TV, and probably through other means, but what I didn't know is that some broadcasting companies, like the NOS, also have an app on the PS3 and PS4. I wish I had known this a week ago, because for me it beats streaming though apple tv. Might be worth looking into with your local livestreams broadcasting company.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The BBC did it again. With 10 seconds before I/K were due to skate they switched channels.
What ?!.
It's bad enough we have to put up with Simon Cowell....................I mean Robin Cousins being bitchy about the couples he does not like but this is just awful.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The BBC did it again. With 10 seconds before I/K were due to skate they switched channels.
What ?!.
It's bad enough we have to put up with Simon Cowell....................I mean Robin Cousins being bitchy about the couples he does not like but this is just awful.

WHAAAAAAAAT??????!!!!!

I was away in Dublin yesterday, and recorded the Short Dance from BBCi2 to watch this morning.

So, you mean to say I don't have all of it???!!! :eek:

Peasants!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fingers crossed that it switched to BBC2, and that hence I'll be able to get the end of it on the iPlayer...

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Big warning to those watching the Ice Dance free on BBC Red Button today.
Please check BBC 2 coverage at the end of both the second & third groups to see if it's on there.
If it is I would stay with BBC 2 as the listings for the free dance on BBC RB show that they are leaving at 5.30pm but that could be sooner as yesterday they were scheduled to show the entire SD but left for BBC 2 coverage just as the final group was due to start.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, forgot to say that BBC Red Button will show the Gala (Delayed) on Sunday :yay:

Ah, that's good to hear! Hopefully they will show it LIVE online, as from what I see there is nothing else that I would want to watch being held on Saturday. (30km is just a wee bit too long a Cross Country race for me! ;) :laugh: )

Anyway, just a wee reminder that the Free Dance starts in around 1 hour.

This is NOT the same livestreaming channel that was used for any of the previous competitions.

And here are the details on how to receive BBCi2:

BBCi2 is available via:

As MidnightSkater has already pointed out, the TV coverage is liable to switch to BBC2 without warning. So, have the remote handy and be prepared to flick over without any warning.

For details of how to receive BBC2, see the first post in this thread.

I'm going to be watching the Biathlon LIVE, and playing catch-up with the skating. So, I'll set the Sky to record BBC2's 15:45 - 19:00 GMT broadcast as well.

Pesky channel switching!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

A.H.Black

Final Flight
For those who hated listening to Tara and Johnny on the NBC feed - There is another feed. If you go to the NBC Olympics site and find the full event replay for Free Dance - you will get the eurosport commentators, Nick and company. I wish I had found the real feed earlier this morning. I ended up with Tara and Johnny too - long morning.

I found the full replay on the figure skating page - http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating/winter/14394/ Don't know for sure if the link will work.

Slowdive

On the Ice
Wasn't sure where else to post this however are there any videos of the Sochi figure skating competitions?