Michelle Working Hard & A New Auntie | Golden Skate

Michelle Working Hard & A New Auntie

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, I didn't know that she was an aunt. Very thought provoking article...thanks for the link, Dee............42

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Interesting article. Sounds like a lonely life for Michelle right now. I wonder if it's easier to commit oneself to a sport like figure skating when young and unaware that there's more to life than sport. Also, I'd guess a skater has more support from family when young. Not that MK's family isn't supportive, but she's an adult and expected to take care of herself, so no one's going to be coddling her. That being said, time and committment is what it takes to be at the top of the sport, so if she decides that's what she really wants to do, sacrafices are going to have to be made.

jesslily

Final Flight
It seems the top skaters most likely to train with their coaches ona one-on-one basis all the time. Sasha Cohen is the only student of Robin Wagner and most time just two of them in a cold rink. Sasha said she has to put on few layers. This article told us that Michelle is training in a similar situation. I admire their dedication to the sport. They are very young and very mature. :)

Lucy25

Final Flight
jesslily said:
It seems the top skaters most likely to train with their coaches ona one-on-one basis all the time. Sasha Cohen is the only student of Robin Wagner and most time just two of them in a cold rink. Sasha said she has to put on few layers. This article told us that Michelle is training in a similar situation. I admire their dedication to the sport. They are very young and very mature. :)
Agreed. Michelle, Sasha, and every other athlete that has such discipline are such wonderful role models.