Stars On Ice tonighjt? | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice tonighjt?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Stars On Ice tonight?

I forgot all about it and noticed it was supposed to be on at 11 but it's not. Did anyone else get it or am I wrong? I see it's supposed to be on again Saturday, noon here.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I can't believe I did that. It's tomorrow!!!!:\
Bet I remember it tomorrow.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SOI on A&E

Yes, SOI 2004 is on A&E tonight, from 8-10 PM EST. On the East Coast it will also be repeated from 12 AM - 2 AM on Friday, March 12, and on Saturday, March 13, from 1- 3 PM. As always, check your local listings.

brenlynn

On the Ice
woot!!! been waiting to see this all season on tv!! going to a few shows is great, but i like seeing all the behind the scenes stuff on tv that they show too!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just got through watching this about a 1/2 hr. ago! :love:

Overall, I really enjoyed the whole show, but especially the guys (yummy) & of course Oksana Baiul. But who really surprised me was Todd Eldredge (WOW). :eek:

The following are my impressions of some specific performances that were my favorites (but everyone did a good job):

Todd Eldredge ~ Tango Number was superb.....crisp, fluid, athletic, really became the character......IMHO he is the perfect replacement for both Scott Hamilton & Kurt Browning. Totally shines as a professional (no lie). Truly looking forward to seeing more of him in future (btw he made me lol :D several times with some of his clownish routines/antics). :)^D

Men Group Number (where they change from their work clothes into their bright party clothes ;) ) ~ loved it! Two thumbs way up! The music, the skaters, the choreography, everything worked. But the guys are the ones whom made this number come alive with their strong personalities, gorgeous bodies, humour, and charisma. :)

Guys w/Yuka Sato Group Number (something about SP 115 suntan lotion, lol :)^D) ~ eye-catching number, especially the moves the guys did with the girl......intricate, difficult, fascinating, adds another dynamic as far as group skating goes IMHO......but I have to be honest & say that one of the reasons I loved this number so much was b/c it gave me the chance to check out those gorgeous naked muscles on the men (yummy). :p

B&S (Russian Number) ~ immediately reminded me of "Kalinka"........and brought back memories of when Irina Rodnina skated to this music in the 70's........loved it! And it was easy to see that Elena & Anton enjoyed this number as well (btw OMG I didn't recognize Elena at all; was wondering whom that was @ the beginning of the show; she's truly a classic long-limbed beauty & has the poise & posture of a prima ballerina; long hair totally transforms her IMHO). :)

Oksana Baiul (Swan Lake) ~ ah, everything was perfect......the INTRO especially set the stage for what was to come (made me misty eyed when said "and it seems like only yesterday"; how true).......and then there she was, standing alone on the ice in the dark with only the spotlight illuminating her. The baby duckling of yesteryear had transformed into The Swan. 'nuff said. :love:

Peace & Love, Nadine

"The years go by....but moments never really slip away....they only grow more precious." - Oksana Baiul
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3632169/1078144942240_1baiulhenie.jpg

mzheng

Record Breaker
You are luckier than me. I only caught last 15 min when I saw someone post the show on TV. Hope I got it earlier.

Koroleva

On the Ice
They cut a lot... to me some of the most important numbers. Overall I was disappointed with the coverage. It was once again the Scott Hamilton show. :(

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Stars On Ice

I'm watching it right now! Love it! I really liked Yuka's songs so far! I of course, was so happy to see Oskana again!:D

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think they are to show it again at 11 (here). In a few minutes. and again Saturday. I'm going to tape it again as I messed up when I was trying to edit it. This time will just let it run. Not staying up all night. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Stars On Ice

Hey, Nadine-

I was wondering who is the person on the left of Oksana on your post in the swan costume, too? Sonja Henie? Just awesome! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
LOL, Grgranny!:laugh:

I know what you mean........recently bought a new DVD b/c the video stores are starting to only stock DVDs, no VHSs.......just when I finally became somewhat proficient with the VHS, now I have to relearn everything all over again (no lie). :D

Ice Princess ( :) ), yep you're right, that's the one-and-only! Btw, my new pic below shows the original Swan, along with her two successors. Can you guess who they are? ;)

Peace & Love, Nadine

"The crowd settled quickly into a receptive mood for Sonja's famous interpretation of the Dying Swan of Saint-Saens. With spotlights giving the ice the effect of water at night, Miss Henie, outlined in a blue light, performed the dance made immortal by Pavlova." - Maribel Vinson
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3632169/1078852756355_3dyingswans.jpg

Kasey

Medalist
GRRRRR! I loved seeing it, of course.....BUT, although I was expecting it, I was disappointed that Alexei's "Memorial" was cut. AND, I can't believe we saw the "Russian music" number by Anton and Elena and NOT "Let me Fall", which is SOOOOOO beautiful! And although I loved both of Todd's programs, I think the Garth Brooks number has been the one I've seen better received by the audiences. And the Ballroom dance number by Jaime and David????? ARGGHHH!! I'm glad for what we got to see, but anyone who is only able to see this and not one of the live shows, you was gypped!

Kasey

dmr65

On the Ice
B&S Russian number is to Kalinka.

I wish they broadcast the whole show.. There are fans who will never make it out to see the tour, do to finances, health related issues and other uncontroled matters. If, and I say if, the reason for not showing all the programs is because the tour is not over and they want people to get out or be surprised.. why not just broadcast the show after the tour is over.

I guess that NBC broadcast took my trust away from believing they would give us what we would have been pleased with. But, I am not all the hurt either.. I still feel for those who will never or will not ever be able to attend a show.

Well, I did enjoy of course B&S, Todd,Oksana's Swan lake, Rock lesson and TGIF. But I felt they could have left her J-Lo program out<>no offense. I would have loved to seen both Todd's and B&S programs. They just both rocked this season with SOI. ;)

Denise..

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who was diasappointed by Todd's flamenco number? He had a really uncomfortable expression on his face skating to that music. I've seen him skate a lot of numbers and he looks the happiest skating to classic guy music (movie soundtrack, some opera, nothing too dancey).

I was disappointed by what they had shown on TV and I'm glad I didn't buy tickets to see that show b/c I don't think I could sit through those crappy group numbers.

The intro to Oksana's swan routine was incredible though and it was really nice to see her on the ice again and looking so happy.

Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman did a fabulous job with Little Sister.

Yes it was the Scott show and I would have really preferred to see Todd's second number over either of Scott's numbers, though Scott's first number really sucked. I was impressed that he actually did a triple in his second number. I like Scott the best when he's jumping b/c he's so tight in the air.

I must say that Todd is a real team player to wear that crazy getup. No other guy had as bad a costume but maybe he got stuck with the short straw.

Elena looks really different with long hair.. it makes her look older and more sophisticated.

wvgal57

On the Ice
Yuka's very first number was the best of the whole show, then Oksana's skating.

I've heard many people talk about Yuka and to be honest I've watched hers some but with not a lot of interest. I have to say that she seems to just rise out of the ice as a total one on one. She is amazing, it's like everything - the arms, the back, her neck her face all were just perfect. I've heard her called the skater's skater but never realized why.

Artistic and graceful but athletic suits her!

Todd could have done so well under COP, I miss him in competition.

soogar

Record Breaker
I feel the same way with Todd and COP. I felt that after keeping himself eligible for so long it wouldn't have hurt him to remain eligible for a little bit longer b/c I think he would have done very will with the new system and he's still in great shape. I think he might have been pressured to get off the pot b/c he's been around so long. I don't even understand why he turned pro b/c there aren't many pro events out there.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
John Zimmerman and Alexei Yagudin on the same ice... I'm surprised it didn't melt!
I don't normally watch pro skating, because the drama is gone when there aren't medals at stake, but I'll stay for the eye candy! Wow!
Happy Friday, everyone!
Rave (and now you know why I call myself that!)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
OK, now you know what I meant in saying those black and white costumes are so ugly. And even worse with those "shoes". I just don't really care for all those "fillers".

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Darn it, I had stretch class last night, had to hit the hay early as I had synchro at 6:00 AM, and I totally forgot about this. Any chance of a repeat? I saw the show live and loved it and would like to tape it.

Nadine: I realize you might not know this, but was Oksana's costume based on Sonja's? The similarities are almost eerie. Both are quite lovely.