Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

annafer

On the Ice
annafer is that photo new?
Which of the photos?
Well if that's the case it is of course just to safe money and or because there was no other room available. Not because they'd do it volunteerely :laugh:
Of course the bad people in charge with the organization are torturing them, there's no other reason to share a room. Speaking seriously now, with them being absolutely glued to each other, with all their photos and comments and all their actions I shake my head every time I see an interview where they ask them if they're together. Are those reporters blind or what?

orangella96

Final Flight
Speaking seriously now, with them being absolutely glued to each other, with all their photos and comments and all their actions I shake my head every time I see an interview where they ask them if they're together. Are those reporters blind or what?

Honestly I don't know why they still ask.
Like they just don't want to see the obvious. :rolleye:
A lot of articles and reporters often refer to their Instagram accounts as a source
and then I'm like: "Okay you saw their pictures, read the comments and still don't get it":unsure:
Like , you guys still don't get it?! :disapp:

Arawen

Final Flight
Yeah, I mean if they´ve seen the pics then why even bother to ask? It´s probably just because they want to find something "exclusive" and then be the first ones to report it :rolleye:

Just a question guys: What do you think about their Super Mario EX? I honestly don´t know if I find it funny or just weird :laugh:

annafer

On the Ice
Just a question guys: What do you think about their Super Mario EX? I honestly don´t know if I find it funny or just weird :laugh:
I'll go with weird, maybe because they're too pretty to hide behinds those type of costumes LOL it's just that I like all the others more.

Speaking of their relationship, watching videos of their performances before and after TEB I noticed the difference in their interaction. Before, and especially while Tanya was still with Stas, Maxim was hugging her but wasn't kissing her on the lips or wasn't extremely careful and affectionate, more like a big brother/good friend/good partner who's happy they won. But after TEB things are different, the chemistry started to blow and it's like Maxim wasn't stopping himself anymore from being super lovey-dovey with her anymore. Same goes for her, she was all in for kisses and other stuff. I don't know if anything I said makes sense :laugh:

Arawen

Final Flight
I'll go with weird, maybe because they're too pretty to hide behinds those type of costumes LOL it's just that I like all the others more.

Speaking of their relationship, watching videos of their performances before and after TEB I noticed the difference in their interaction. Before, and especially while Tanya was still with Stas, Maxim was hugging her but wasn't kissing her on the lips or wasn't extremely careful and affectionate, more like a big brother/good friend/good partner who's happy they won. But after TEB things are different, the chemistry started to blow and it's like Maxim wasn't stopping himself anymore from being super lovey-dovey with her anymore. Same goes for her, she was all in for kisses and other stuff. I don't know if anything I said makes sense :laugh:
I tend to go with weird as well, agree that they wore too much clothes for being such pretty people. For some reason Maxim´s eyes disturb me in that EX, could be the glasses :laugh:

They did kiss on the lips after the Nebelhorn Trophy LP and then this from the Ondrej Nepela:
http://cs983.vk.me/u12809282/143442833/x_a1307f90.jpg

But you´re right, after TEB it all came up to the surface I guess after months(?) of repression. I think Maxim started to feel more than friendship for Tanya around August 2011 ("Trankov is a liar" anyone? Really curious what that was about).

Nessie

On the Ice
Off the subject that you are on now... if that's okay....

It’s sort of idiotic that I would already be thinking of the 2018 Olympics. I’m REALLY jumping the gun! I don’t really know, but South Korea has a very strong economy and I believe very high educational standards so it could be that a fair number of South Koreans speak or understand a bit of English. And as you suggest, Skatefan02, in an Olympic year, the government might even make an effort to increase the English signage en route to PyeongChang if they’ve got thousands of people headed to Seoul. But I think the ticket issue is more serious – I didn’t even think about that! The beauty of watching the program on television is how close the camera hones in on the athletes (I think that’s why whoever did Tanya’s make up in the short and the free programs in Sochi was wise to keep things low-key and natural-looking. Her make up was perfect – better than in some of her other programs). But still I’ve been in a stadium before and it really was thrilling to actually see the real, live people skate. And it’s quite different than watching it on TV.

Today, I was wondering what I would say or do if I were to meet Max and Tanya. I think I’d feel embarrassed, sort of like a jerk. Why would they want to meet some dopey fan who doesn’t have any idea about what their life is like? I have observed that V/T are patient and generous with fans – amazingly so! My position is as a fan, and a devoted one, but I’d rather be an insider – be able to “talk shop” with them, talk about the how long a pair of skates lasts, krappy ice, pushy competitors, or spies watching one’s program take shape, stealing one’s moves, wacky coaches (coaches who favor your female partner and betray you and we know who I am referring to), inexplicable scoring or favoritism from the judges, how one conquers “nerves” and holds together under pressure, how to stay trim but not too thin so that one would lose strength (if you haven’t noticed, I think Tanya has arms of steel…), I’d like to be part of their natural conversation but since I’m a non-professional fan, that isn’t about to happen. Sigh.
By the way, I sure hope V and T are getting PAID for the exhaustive tour they are on now – traveling to places I have to Google to get a clue of where they are! I know they were awarded money for their gold medal (and a Mercedes, for each?), but I hope they are paid for these performances now, get a “per diem” for meals and have all travel covered. They are champions and should be treated with the attention and “perks” they have earned.
What about their skating to the theme from Dr. Zhivago, or is that too obvious a choice? Not quite unusual enough, though the theme is beautiful. And Tanya has a similar quality to Julie Christie in the movie. An innocent sexiness – if that makes sense. Okay, over and out.

Last thought for today: I wish the photographer had taken a few shots with Max’s hair slicked back and cut close at the sides. Like Masquerade Max. I’d just like to see that in B&W.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Woo all caught up with everything and all the wonderful links to new pics and vids!

I didn't like the Mario one at first, but I find Max so silly as he's playing the video game that it's sort of grown on me. Not a fave tho.

I love seeing the change in interaction as well. Also, Max and Alexandra broke up almost 2.5 years ago and I wonder if his "6 months later" is just a general ballpark. Based on when Tanya went to Italy with Stas 4-4.5 months sounds about right but after so many years 6 months is a good enough response. Though I'm sure Tanya knew EXACTLY how long SHE had to wait for Max to become available. :p

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Nessie I also agree that Korea would be very friendly to travelers. I've had several friends go there for work and pleasure and they have nothing but wonderful things to say. Much like Japan, I think it's relatively easy for english speakers to get around.

I SO want to go to Skate America. As soon as I heard it was in Chicago I booked hotel rooms that I can cancel later. I'm trying to rally a friend or two go with me. I think I'd be a bumbling idiot in front of them, much like i have been to any favorite bands I've met. I just sound like a moron. I have a few ideas of gifts I'd bring with me... I call it California swag :p Edit: I'd also love to just talk to them too. A bit about skating but also just about life, favorite books, bands, and just hang out. They're personalities are both infectious and I think they'd be a riot to spend an evening at a pub with.

I've read mixed answers on how skaters get paid. I unfortunately don't think it's much. And in some cases boarding, food and travel are up to the skaters. I think that's how Stars on Ice works. I'm seeing them in 3 weeks which I'm SO excited about. In the 90s some Russian performers traveled with the show. Not the case anymore now that they have their own shows.

Nessie

On the Ice
I think Max (and Tanya) go to pubs pretty often! But it's a lovely idea. I have a feeling Tanya lays off the beer. Hm.. Skate America. I better check it out.And yes, of course, you're right -- to talk about other things, not just skating... Max is a VERY smart guy, I'm telling you! Look how good his English is! And Tanya's too, while we're at it.

Nessie

On the Ice
I can't go. The Board of Directors that I look after , at my job, has its big meeting then. It really sucks. And my best friend from college lives in Chicago. She was a skater! What lousy luck --

Lette

Rinkside
Hi! I'm new on this forum, and I'm so glad to be here, watching all the great post you all share of my favorite pairs figure skating couple :) About the last video, please could anybody tell me if in one of the pictures, Tatjana y Maksim are sharing podium with Maria Mukhortova & Jerome Blanchard??? Maybe I'm wrong, but if they are, I would like to know which competition is :) Sorry for my bad english :) Thank you all!! :)

annafer

On the Ice
But you´re right, after TEB it all came up to the surface I guess after months(?) of repression. I think Maxim started to feel more than friendship for Tanya around August 2011 ("Trankov is a liar" anyone? Really curious what that was about).
After TEB things just looked different, it was obvious something changed off ice. As for the 'liar' thing, who knows, but Max said they had problems for a while. And even when they were in Italy in the summer for training camp Alexandra was posting how she didn't like to be there.
I love seeing the change in interaction as well. Also, Max and Alexandra broke up almost 2.5 years ago and I wonder if his "6 months later" is just a general ballpark. Based on when Tanya went to Italy with Stas 4-4.5 months sounds about right but after so many years 6 months is a good enough response. Though I'm sure Tanya knew EXACTLY how long SHE had to wait for Max to become available. :p
I think those months must have been hard for Maxim especially. Tanya was free, but at the same time imagine how hard was for him to break a more than 10 years old relationship. I agree with you about those 6 months probably being 4-5 and I find it interesting that Maxim decided to talk about that in the documentary, to specify that he and Tatiana broke-up with their exes at different times and that she wasn't the reason for his split.
I've read mixed answers on how skaters get paid. I unfortunately don't think it's much. And in some cases boarding, food and travel are up to the skaters. I think that's how Stars on Ice works. I'm seeing them in 3 weeks which I'm SO excited about. In the 90s some Russian performers traveled with the show. Not the case anymore now that they have their own shows.
I really hope they get paid some good money, because their effort is tremendous. Someone who saw the show last night said that Tanya and Max were amazing and very nice, but they looked a bit tired. I think they really need a vacation after this exhausting season. Hopefully they'll manage to go somewhere sunny before starting work again.

Lette welcome to the forum! yes, Tatiana and Maxim are on the same podium as Maria, it was towards the end of 2010, Cup Of Russia.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Lette welcome to the forum! yes, Tatiana and Maxim are on the same podium as Maria, it was towards the end of 2010, Cup Of Russia.

do you have a video of that maybe? cause i found the medal ceremony from 2010 COR and they're not on the podium at all. maybe you meant russian nationals? :O (or is it the same thing?) thx!

orangella96

Final Flight

Is is even sure that Tanya and Stas went to Italy as a couple? When was it anyways I can't even remember :laugh:
I think that Maxim said that he broke up woth Sasha 6 months after Tanya and Stas to make it clear that Tamya was not the only reason for the break up.
Even though I doubt it were really 6 months between the break ups. Nebelhorn and the Ondrej Nepela Memorial were in September 2011 and I could very well imagine that they were together there already :biggrin:
All in all I think that Sasha and Max would've broken up sooner or later anyways 'cause of the mentioned problems.
And let's be honest it's a rare thing that they would've stayed together forever given the fact that they started dating at 16. Same goes for Tanya and Stas....

annafer

On the Ice
SallyTeoh they look adorable in that video and with so many kids around them.
do you have a video of that maybe? cause i found the medal ceremony from 2010 COR and they're not on the podium at all. maybe you meant russian nationals? :O (or is it the same thing?) thx!
It's one of the stages of Cup of Russia, before the Russian Nationals. I didn't see any video from that event.

orangella the timeline of those relationships is not so clear, at least not to me. All we know is that in may, I think, they were in Italy and Tanya went with Stas to some city for a couple of days while Maxim didn't go with them. I for one took it as a make it or brake it escapade. As for Maxim and Sasha, there's a photo of them together from the beginning of October, so I assume they were still together. My bet is that Tanya and Max started dating by the end of October / beginning of November or at least they started to acknowledge their feelings during those days.

Nice photo:
http://instagram.com/p/nFuPgXD_oJ/