Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 124 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

HermioneG

On the Ice
It's funny cause in interview when they asked about Cancun, he said they wouldn't return to that place, maybe when they are 50 or 60 year old. Yep totally friends :yay:

It was not about Cancun, but about Dominican Republic, but yes, Max said that they liked vacations but they will not go there unlill they become something like 50 years old :)

orangella96

Final Flight
It's funny cause in interview when they asked about Cancun, he said they wouldn't return to that place, maybe when they are 50 or 60 year old. Yep totally friends :yay:

What else would they be :laugh:
In the interview for the FS Magazin they held hamds as well but that part of the picture was cut off in the printed version :laugh:

Welcome to our family by the way :yes:

aliaskate

Rinkside
What else would they be
Yep just really cool friends. And funny how Max is more open about this couple thing, he saying we are couple pause look at Tati who is like yep sports couple since 2010, and then all this things about myth and Max telling all this confusing stuff looking at Tati for help. I just can't with them:popcorn:
Welcome to our family by the way
Thank you, from Russia here so sorry about bad English:eek::
It was not about Cancun, but about Dominican Republic
Yeah you right, i got confused about location

eli60056

On the Ice
LOL, OK, I watched the interview. I am afraid a better Russian than mine is needed to do it justice, but I will try to give you the highlights.

First, they were asked where they have been hiding since the Games(?!) and they said they were doing the Olympic Champions tour. They were asked what they skate on the tour, if it was JCS. They said that they would like to preserve the special memories connected to their Olympic program, so they don't skate those anymore, and said that they skate the Rachmaninov piece. Next he asked them about the Adelina scandal and Korea's demands. Max said that he doesn't believe that all this comes from Yuna, because they know her and she is a very honorable person and athlete. They said all this comes from disappointed fans. Also Max said that he was the one to comment on the ladies skate on that day and in his opinion the two girls the audience most applauded were Adelina and Carolina. So if the demands came from Italy, it would have been more expected.
Next-the I/K split. He said if two people cannot work together, it is better to split as is his own experience. Everyone was talking how romantic and good a pair he and Maria looked and why split, why start with Volosozhar. And then the interviewer asked "So why start with Volosozhar?" Max said, "So that I win the Olympic games. And I won them." Then they talked about how hard it was at the beginning to become a pair.
And then the Instagram pictures were shown and the interviewer asked "Then in Instagram started to show up a lot of pictures like these. I am often asked why you always take pictures of you together. Are you a pair?"
This was followed by amazed looks and stuttering by Max and Tania, Max said "We are a pair", Tania said "since 2010 a sports pair". And then the guy corrected himself "in personal meaning". He said that he did not want to read the yellow newspapers, so decided to ask them himself:)rolleye:). Max said: Let's say this-certainly in life we are a pair, because we are a pair on the ice and off ice, and we spend so much time together, it is typical of people to think we are pair off ice. We don't contradict them. We will not talk on personal matters." Tania: "I have said many times that I would like to keep personal things personal." Both: "Let people be happy while looking at us and if these pictures bring them happiness, while thinking we are a couple, why contradict them? On the other hand some may not want us to be a couple, they might be happy that we are not saying we are together."(?!ha ha ha) "We are a puzzle and we like it that way." (well, they certainly managed to puzzle me with their jumbled words:) At the end of this convoluted explanation Tania barely managed to keep a straight face, Max was openly mischievous. The journalist asked "Do you like being together?" She: "We are comfortable together." Max: "More than anything"(I think that is what he said, but let someone else double check this!).
Then the journalist showed some picture from Dominican republic and asked them "Is this a vacation together? Where?" Max:"yes, Dominican Rep." Journalist: "how did you like it?" Max: "We liked it. We won't go there again"
and both laughed. Then Max turned to Tania and said enthusiastically what I think as really the highpoint of this interview "May be we will go there again when we are 50 or 60 years old." Tania "it is so to say more for people of advanced age-calm, for relaxation."
Then they switched talking about Nina Mozer and how close they are with her. Then they talked about the how perfect relaxation for them is being on the beach (understandable after all the ice). Max said he loves dogs. At present he loves Tania's dog, because the dog spends a lot of time with him as well. Tania said that the dog loves Maxim as well.
A few words about Zenit.
And then when the show will end? May 7th.
Tania hopes for a 10 day vacation after. Max said they might take another mini vacation later.

End

Found an old interview, where they get rewards for the Olympics and Max said that he and Tania don't have their own home and therefore that is most likely what these money will go for. Didn't sound like they will be buying separate homes, which would have been plain weird considering that he spoke on both's behalf :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGz1wI5kr7g

skatefan02

On the Ice
Max:"yes, Dominican Rep." Journalist: "how did you like it?" Max: "We liked it. We won't go there again"
and both laughed. Then Max turned to Tania and said enthusiastically what I think as really the highpoint of this interview "May be we will go there again when we are 50 or 60 years old." Tania "it is so to say more for people of advanced age-calm, for relaxation."

THANK YOU, eli60056! You are wonderful for doing all of these translations for us (and thanks to all of the other Russian translators, too)! Without you guys, we would be totally clueless about most of the stuff that goes on with them. :love: :bow:

LOL, there probably weren't enough party hard opportunities for Max in the Dominican Republic. ;)

Nessie

On the Ice
Eli60056
You are a peach to work so hard and translate this for us. It means a lot. Thank you so much. I hope you didn't do it at work and risk getting fired! I'm at work now and so I have to hustle. That's why I forgot to quote when I praised Max's handsomeness, even when he's tired. This was so kind of you, I'm just floored. Thank you....

Arawen

Final Flight
Thank you so much eli60056 for translating!! I will watch the video later :biggrin:

Also love the new photo from the tour, they just can´t keep their hands off each other :love:

annafer

On the Ice
Thank you eli so much. We owe you big time!

I just wanna say I love them. I'll retract whatever I said earlier, because I love their weirdness when answering the personal questions, they're so cute. So Max confirmed it again, even though it was followed by those words that barely make sense. They're too adorable. I hope they keep it that way every time they're asked the famous question. Love that part about the vacation too.

orangella96

Final Flight
Thank you soooooo much eli60056 :)
It's really so nice from all of you to translate such stuff for us :)
I really love how they babble about thinks and it really means a lot that not even Tanya can keep a straight face :laugh:
It's somewhat like the NBC interview. Therer they were also a pair....a sports pair ;)
But still I'm really wondering when people will stop asking....
And of course I hope that they'll always be happy and hopefully together forever.
I think they could be one of those couples who are together until the end of their lives

Arawen

Final Flight
Thank you soooooo much eli60056 :)
It's really so nice from all of you to translate such stuff for us :)
I really love how they babble about thinks and it really means a lot that not even Tanya can keep a straight face :laugh:
It's somewhat like the NBC interview. Therer they were also a pair....a sports pair ;)
But still I'm really wondering when people will stop asking....
And of course I hope that they'll always be happy and hopefully together forever.
I think they could be one of those couples who are together until the end of their lives
Since they might return to the Dominican Republic when they´re 50-60 years old I think they plan that as well :biggrin:

orangella96

Final Flight
The last photo of the with their skating group was posted on vk.com as well and there someone commented as well that their love is apparent and that he can't keep his hands of her, but that it is still necessary to ask 65 times about it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

justastro

Rinkside
Thank you so much eli for the translations! You are a star for doing that for us :biggrin:

Max really has an opinion on everything. The only time he is ever lost for words and needs Tanya's help is when talking about their relationship :laugh:

Nessie

On the Ice
I’m trying to keep my mind on my work, but I can’t stop thinking of the answer V and T gave regarding re-skating their Olympic programs. Once again, they prove the rich emotion life each of them possesses individually -- and together. At the Olympics, the American announcer, a very intelligent woman, Sandra Bezic, exclaimed breathlessly at the end of the JCS program how V and T had just skated with “raw and open emotions” and how they bared their souls in the program (I don’t have the quote exactly). She was right, of course, and this is why we (and others) are so drawn to Tatiana and Maxim. They are complex creatures, earnest, perceptive and have an unpredictable intelligence. Even when they try to fool us (and I love it when they try), their inner selves are clearly honorable, kind and authentic. They continue to amaze me and that’s an understatement. I don’t care that much about dogs but I seem to be in love with Dexter too!
Oh, and some of you in this nice group have apologized for your “bad English.” Don’t worry! Most Americans can’t speak anything but English and they don’t even TRY to learn other languages, so you’re way ahead of the game!
Last thought: a few years ago, I read an article about linguists who studied and researched all the extant languages for their sound. Guess what language their research revealed sounded the most beautiful to the human ear? French, you say? Well, I thought so too. NO -- it was the Russian language. Just listen to Maxim speak it and you don’t need a linguist to point out its beauty……

kinoriH

Final Flight
I stumbled upon this really cool and touching video on VK. A fan made it for Tanya's birthday, which is less than a month away (we should all do something guys!). The song is PERFECT for her. Sorry if you can't see it but I don't think it's on YouTube.. JUST HAD TO SHARE. :love:

https://vk.com/video123036126_168539325

and here's a cool VK page for VK members.. those fans plan to make a birthday video or something creative for her Bday and then sent it to her. It's mainly in russian so I use google translate, but I guess it's no problem for some of you here who speak russian (JEALOUS lol ). :p

https://vk.com/club69872056

p.s. THANK YOU SO MUCH eli60056 for translating the interview!! I know how hard it is to translate (used to translate from Hebrew to English in my previous job. not fun). Everything really makes more sense now thanks to you! <3

skatefan02

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing, kinoriH! That video is so sweet and perfect. :love:

I don’t care that much about dogs but I seem to be in love with Dexter too!

LOL. I feel the same. :)

@SallyTeoh Thank you for the interview video link!

And welcome to all the new posters. :) I think it's great that Tanya and Max have attracted fans from all over the world, and I love that we have this place here where we can gush about them!

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
eli60056, thank you for the translation! I can't to catch the actual interview after work! Love the comment about dogs. I have both dogs and cats but am, at heart, a hat person and I love the old pics of Max with this hairless cat, Yasha I think. They're just so sweet and the cat clearly LOOOOVES Max. Smart cat :biggrin:

Speaking bdays and creating/sending something. How would one send gifts to these guys if you can't attend a show? For now I imagine they only get all the items that people give them at meet and greets and throw onto the ice.

kinoriH

Final Flight
eli60056, thank you for the translation! I can't to catch the actual interview after work! Love the comment about dogs. I have both dogs and cats but am, at heart, a hat person and I love the old pics of Max with this hairless cat, Yasha I think. They're just so sweet and the cat clearly LOOOOVES Max. Smart cat :biggrin:

Speaking bdays and creating/sending something. How would one send gifts to these guys if you can't attend a show? For now I imagine they only get all the items that people give them at meet and greets and throw onto the ice.

well I guess you can try to send it to their ice rink, in which they train in Moscow. The adress is probably somewhere online.

But in my opinion it's easier and more meaningful to make a special video and send it to them via Twitter/VK/Facebook. they probably have a mountain of stuffed animals at home and I assume they don't keep all the posters/cards/flowers. :biggrin: it's just impossible...
A video is something that lasts forever and is really unique.
just my opinion.
;)

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
A video is something that lasts forever and is really unique.
just my opinion.
;)

No i totally agree. I think a video would be a very sweet idea. Definitely not interested in sending them animals and cards, they have enough of that. Though some of the hand made items from Japan and Korea have been really beautiful. I think the pics of their homes with all the stuffed animals is hilarious. It looks like a young girls room :)