AKIKO SUZUKI : What do you love about her? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

AKIKO SUZUKI : What do you love about her?

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Anyone remember Akiko's SP from the 2008 NHK Trophy ?.
Even though she made an error it was such a beautiful skate.
It was the first time I saw her & I was a fan from the start.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
She is my favorite skater because of what has already been mentioned about her in this thread. More than any other skater, I hope for her to be on the medal stand in two weeks. When she retires I feel she has the potential to become a great skating choreographer or actress and I have worked professionally in the theatre and film industry and know what I talking about. Akiko is rare and special.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
She is my favorite skater because of what has already been mentioned about her in this thread. More than any other skater, I hope for her to be on the medal stand in two weeks. When she retires I feel she has the potential to become a great skating choreographer or actress and I have worked professionally in the theatre and film industry and know what I talking about. Akiko is rare and special.

I remember Akiko saying in an interview a while back that she was interested in becoming a choreographer, but Hiroshi Kawakubo was keen for her to take over from him as a coach. I'm sure she could successfully combine the two careers as well as skating in shows. :)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to tear up watching Michelle Kwan when she had a great performance, and since her retirement, most skaters, IMO, don't connect emotionally. Akiko is the first one since Michelle where I get that feeling watching her skate and she makes me cry. I feel that her music comes through her as she's skating, it becomes a part of her. She also has a light touch on the ice - where she looks like she's floating across it gracefully.

I also like that she's stuck with the sport this long and continues to challenge herself, at the ripe "old" age of 28.

christinaskater

Medalist
Anyone remember Akiko's SP from the 2008 NHK Trophy ?.
Even though she made an error it was such a beautiful skate.
It was the first time I saw her & I was a fan from the start.

Sans the error, that is one of the best skates ever. Everything was so classic, balletic and majestic!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Is this a fan thread :laugh: Thanks christinaskater for frequently reminding us about Akiko. I love her because she always make me happy when I watch her skating. Hope she medals at olympics :yay:

I remember Akiko saying in an interview a while back that she was interested in becoming a choreographer, but Hiroshi Kawakubo was keen for her to take over from him as a coach. I'm sure she could successfully combine the two careers as well as skating in shows. :)

Oh yes, I'm sure she will have a great future whatever she does :clap:

Akiko is the whole package: musical, beautiful smile, likeable personality and technically complete.
I often find that people pass over her technic prowess. In the last quad she relentlessly improve : Better program, costume, choreography, musicality, flow, transitions, spins and jumps. She learned 3-3 over 25, has a consistent 2a-3t and a 7 jumps FS.

Compare Vancouver 2010 to Japanese nationals this year it can't get better than that.

This is my first post on this channel and bottom line: she's the best !

Welcome to GS! Akiko is a great person for your first post. You bring out wonderful details to show why she has become so compelling to watch. I just love her and hope that she has the skate of her life at Sochi.