Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

desertskates

Medalist
Sounds like Ashley Wagner had a good run-though of her new/old FS (done at 10 p.m. Sochi time):

NickMcCarvel 10:02am via Twitter for iPhone
First triple-triple tried by @AshWagner2010 on Olympic (practice) ice: hits it. Smooth and clean #Sochi2014 pic.twitter.com/oAB0MHIlCh

NickMcCarvel 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
Wagner does run through of re-vamped 'Samson and Delilah' free skate and looks fresh. Got off plane just 6 hours ago #Sochi2014

USFigureSkating 10:01am via Twitter for iPhone
Solid FS run-through for @AshWagner2010. New/old free skate looks natural, fierce.

USFigureSkating 9:56am via Twitter for iPhone
.@AshWagner2010 opens with a triple-triple, music sounds familiar ;). Impressive with all the travel for her today. pic.twitter.com/FnStumFfcd

She must have been in Munich a day or two to rest up or she's a champion plane sleeper. Looked bright eyed and fresh on GMA. :yay: on the strong practices. I wish her the best!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
She must have been in Munich a day or two to rest up or she's a champion plane sleeper. Looked bright eyed and fresh on GMA. :yay: on the strong practices. I wish her the best!

Wagner appeared on the Today show on NBC this morning. Did she appear also on GMA on ABC??

(I'm 99% sure that she had slept at least one night in Munich. On the Today show, she looked and sounded very excited. Also on Today, I thought at one point that Abbott's eyes were welling up -- with the excitement/emotion of returning to the Olympics. Touching in both cases.)

desertskates

Medalist
Wagner appeared on the Today show on NBC this morning. Did she appear also on GMA on ABC??

(I'm 99% sure that she had slept at least one night in Munich. On the Today show, she looked and sounded very excited. Also on Today, I thought at one point that Abbott's eyes were welling up -- with the excitement/emotion of returning to the Olympics. Touching in both cases.)

You're right, it was Today. I don't often watch morning shows and get them mixed up :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Good to hear about Ashley. I hope she nails her programs, shows everyone why she belongs there, and leaves with some great memories to carry with her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks for the practice reports, much appreciated. My fingers are crossed that NBC live feed will run smoothly on Thursday.

Ouch for Kevin.

Ouch for Canada - regardless of the practice his skate at Canadian nationals was not reassuring. I still think he needs a stylist -his hair is really distracting -and not to be mean but he sort of looks like he got attacked with a machete or a blender in the hands of a mad barber.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan with Plushy:love:
I m thrilled at the idea that I might see Kwan from close!!!:yay:

https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/status/431015571686424576/photo/1 :rock:
Plush, Machilda and Hanyu on ice :points:

https://twitter.com/Ewingsports
Plushenko's jumps as big as ever, just landed a huge quad in practice.

@LynnRutherford: Plushenko landed strong triple Axel in practice; his run-thru coming up

@USFigureSkating Almost dizzying to see the jumps landed in this group. 4Ts from Plushenko, 3A-3Ts for both Machida and Hanyu.

Last edited:

ranjake

Final Flight

OOOH! Scared me! I read your post too quick and thought you wrote that Jeremy's eyes were SWELLING up!!! I was thinking "oh NO! Why?!" LOL Cute that he started to get tears, though :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
OOOH! Scared me! I read your post too quick and thought you wrote that Jeremy's eyes were SWELLING up!!! I was thinking "oh NO! Why?!" LOL Cute that he started to get tears, though :)

I hope I wasn't imagining what I think I saw. It happened to be a relatively chilly day in Sochi (unlike other days this week), so it's possible that the reason for Abbott's watery-looking eyes was just the cold temperature. In any case, the appearance was cute. And Wagner's excitement was palpable -- she was "bouncing off the walls," so to speak ... also cute. ("Cute" fits in this case, although it is not normally an adjective I would use for her -- even as someone who likes her, thinks she is extremely pretty, etc.)

Kwan is there? Oh, I hope we get to see her onscreen a lot.

If you watch Fox Sports (and/or Fox Sports 1??), surely you will see lots of Kwan in Sochi. NBC, not so much (or so I assume).

desertskates

Medalist
So, has anyone seen or heard of what's currently up with Polina? I feel like she's a bit forgotten :/

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker