Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Actually, Carolina needs to be booted as well from musicality.

Musicality: Yuna, Akiko, Kaetlyn
Presence on the Ice: Mao, Carolina, Yuna

zamboni step

Final Flight
Actually, Carolina needs to be booted as well from musicality.

:jaw: How about we boot everyone from everything but Yu-Na and that'll be that? Yu-Na has the best 3A, she has the prettiest hyper-extended biellmann and the way she does her 3L makes me cry tears of joy. God bless Yu-Na Kim, master of the universe. Oh wait, I just asked Yu-Na to bless herself. :sarcasm:

Yu-Na is amazing but my god you need to watch other skaters skate.

CarneAsada

Medalist
are you tripping on quaaludes or...

Didn't you hear? Carolina has no musicality anymore, Morozov stole it for his students, thus doing his National duty. ;)
Yeah you guys need to learn how to properly assess musicality. Nothing done during a footwork or choreographic sequence counts as musicality unless it is done by Yuna Kim, so that removes Asada and Kostner from contention.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Judging from Mao's SP dress rehearsal, she's becoming better and stronger. Yuna could be in trouble if this improved Mao shows up in the actual competition. As a Mao fan, I'm very pleased about the way things are going, but I can see a few unhappy people on this forum who are getting anxious as the day gets closer.:laugh:
Don't you think it's a little early to gloat? :sarcasm:

zamboni step

Final Flight
Don't you think it's a little early to gloat? :sarcasm:

Definitely, Mao looks great but that doesn't guarantee anything. You have to admit that there is a tingly feeling of childlike glee in your stomach watching her nail those 3As though.

Yeah you guys need to learn how to properly assess musicality. Nothing done during a footwork or choreographic sequence counts as musicality unless it is done by Yuna Kim, so that removes Asada and Kostner from contention.

God I forgot that rule is in the judges handbook, they even have a picture of Yu-Na in their with the caption "Winner of everything ever, no exceptions" silly me. :biggrin:

yall better be knocking on a whole forest of wood right about now

i'm really excited from what i see from mao in practice though, i think she's in the best form she's ever been in

All of my doors are made of wood, so that's useful. Yeah the practices are always really exciting when going well. Let's face it, we're all putting too much weight in them, but it's the Olympics, let's treat ourselves to being wreckless with our hope and either some Olympic heartbreak (in which case i get ice cream) or delight (in which case I get ice cream) win win! :yay:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
tana, who I know is a Mao fan, posted a list excluding Yuna, so I responded to that.

:jaw: How about we boot everyone from everything but Yu-Na and that'll be that? Yu-Na has the best 3A, she has the prettiest hyper-extended biellmann and the way she does her 3L makes me cry tears of joy. God bless Yu-Na Kim, master of the universe. Oh wait, I just asked Yu-Na to bless herself. :sarcasm:

Yu-Na is amazing but my god you need to watch other skaters skate.

zamboni, you need to take a chill pill and watch Yuna skate. Again, I am not declaring Yuna as the master of universe (although she is :laugh:)... I was merely responding to a Mao fan's post.

As for Carolina's musicality, let's not go there. If you think her "deer struck in the headlight" looks and her hip shaking exhibit musicality, then so be it.

zamboni step

Final Flight
tana, who I know is a Mao fan, posted a list excluding Yuna, so I responded to that.

Yu-Na was included in the list more than any other skater including Mao.....just saying.

As for Carolina's musicality, let's not go there. If you think her "deer struck in the headlight" looks and her hip shaking exhibit musicality, then so be it.

Watch her 2012 Worlds FS performance and tell me she looked scared, every piano note was hit. That is musicality, by definition. Also 2013 Worlds FS she was smiling going into every jump, same at Euros this year.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I was referring to her facial expression in literal sense, but anyway, no matter. I don't want to argue and this thread is not about that.

Ladies Team event starting in 4 hours!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
YunaBliss said:
Replace both Mao and Carolina with Yuna for Musciality and Delete Akiko from Presence on the Ice, then I would be able to live with this list as a fairly impartial list.

Lol, I love Mao more than any other skater, but what irritates me most about this is saying Akiko doesn't have the Ice Presence. I don't even know what to say about that (and that's rare for me) other than what the f***? :unsure:

Anyway, Mao's practices are getting me all excited beyond anything. That doesn't mean she'll actually bring it in competition, and it definitly doesn't make her a favorite over Yuna, but goddammit does it make me happy as a fan! She looks so happy being there in interviews and she's so relaxed and focused. That's all I can ask for, Mao having a great Olympic experience. If she skates her SPs like she did at the GPF plus rotated 3As, I'll be in heaven (especially since the Ladies individual SP is on my birthday, lol).
and I'm really curious to see the LP dress, as there are rumors she'll have a new one (let it be blue, let it be blue!! :biggrin: )

RABID

Final Flight
Judging from Mao's SP dress rehearsal, she's becoming better and stronger. Yuna could be in trouble if this improved Mao shows up in the actual competition. As a Mao fan, I'm very pleased about the way things are going, but I can see a few unhappy people on this forum who are getting anxious as the day gets closer.:laugh:

Funny, I thought we were all convinced the OGM was Julia's to lose, and some here even thought Gracie could be a legitimate threat. And now, Mao. Have we come full circle? Guess who we haven't seen yet? I will say this, Mao was always a legitimate threat and is looking strong and determined in practice. :)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Lol, I love Mao more than any other skater, but what irritates me most about this is saying Akiko doesn't have the Ice Presence. I don't even know what to say about that (and that's rare for me) other than what the f***? :unsure:

Anyway, Mao's practices are getting me all excited beyond anything. That doesn't mean she'll actually bring it in competition, and it definitly doesn't make her a favorite over Yuna, but goddammit does it make me happy as a fan! She looks so happy being there in interviews and she's so relaxed and focused. That's all I can ask for, Mao having a great Olympic experience. If she skates her SPs like she did at the GPF plus rotated 3As, I'll be in heaven (especially since the Ladies individual SP is on my birthday, lol).
and I'm really curious to see the LP dress, as there are rumors she'll have a new one (let it be blue, let it be blue!! :biggrin: )

Mao and Akiko have beautiful style and ice presence, claiming Akiko doesn't have ice presence is like saying water isn't wet.

I really hope she does skate in the real event like she did at the GPF but with the jumps of these practices. They're just :love: Is it?? I'll remember to wish you a Happy Birthday. ;)

If you're skating to Piano Concerto No.2 a blue dress is a must, I don't think I've seen a good program to it without a blue dress in Ladies singles.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Mao and Akiko have beautiful style and ice presence, claiming Akiko doesn't have ice presence is like saying water isn't wet.

I really hope she does skate in the real event like she did at the GPF but with the jumps of these practices. They're just :love: Is it?? I'll remember to wish you a Happy Birthday. ;)

If you're skating to Piano Concerto No.2 a blue dress is a must, I don't think I've seen a good program to it without a blue dress in Ladies singles.

Yes I'd actually have Akiko first in the ice presence department above anyone else. I can never take my eyes off of her, she's just that infectiously joyous out there :inlove:

I said I wanted her to have a blue dress mainly because of this 'the last OGM winners all had blue LP dresses'-jokes ;) Well, and because she looks good in blue, I think. Someone even mentioned this superstition about the blue dress to Mao, and I think she responded with laughter and said then she'll stick to blue dresses :biggrin:

RABID said:
Funny, I thought we were all convinced the OGM was Julia's to lose, and some here even thought Gracie could be a legitimate threat.

I think the only person to say Gracie could be a threat to Yuna was sky_fly ;) Julia is great and a contender because she's so likely to be clean, but if Yuna skates well, which is likely, her only competition can and might be a good skating Mao. And Mao looks in great shape! (Although that doesn't mean she's the favorite now or anything, just that we might have a battle for the gold instead of a run away ^^).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
All the NBC videos are geoblocked here :bang:
And, there are a lot of things that can be discussed about Caro's programs (even if I disagree with some of them): telegraphed jumps, lack of transitions, too much posing etc. but..."no musicality"?! :rolleye::slink: