Practice Reports | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

bonniesin

Rinkside
I just watched this and YES! I hope she brings this to the main competition. I wish I could see through the boards during the 3F-3Lo, but it looks very smooth to me. She had some trouble on 3S and the 2A-3T seemed a bit underrotated to me. I think she can fix these problems easily. It's great seeing Mao able to do the 3-3 again and the 3A of course. I hope the veteran skaters are really on for the ladies' comp. Very excited

Here's another angle on her 3A and 3-3:

jkun

Final Flight
Here's another angle on her 3A and 3-3:

Thanks so much! Lovely extension on her 3A landing! Well the 3F-3Lo looked much better in rotation when the boards were blocking! Hope she can get the 3Lo better in time for the FS.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist

Holy cow! That was impressive! And surprising to me...
I'm really curious to see if she can show all of this in the competition.

Yuna just did full clean run-through of her SP, with all elements included. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYSKiN76mA
Yu-Na was impressive as well, but that's what I expected of her - so I just wasn't surprised! ;)

Ladies LP run-throughs at the main rink on 02/16/14:

Akiko Suzuki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzmfEaoJQ9g

I'll be crossing my fingers for Akiko really hard... Interesting that she did a Lz as her individual jump in this SP practice. I wonder if that's what she plans to do in 3 days... Given her e problems with the Lz, and that her F is so consistent, I hope she keeps the F.

usethis2

Medalist
I was told that Yuna's speed is really appreciated in the venue, not on TV. I could sort of see on TV that she is faster than most. Oh and I've thought Carolina is FAST. I always worry she might crash into the billboards. Does anyone know who is faster, between Yuna and Carolina, in person?

Kirk

Rinkside
Thanks so much! Lovely extension on her 3A landing! Well the 3F-3Lo looked much better in rotation when the boards were blocking! Hope she can get the 3Lo better in time for the FS.

People on the rink noted that Mao badly two footed 3lo in 3-3.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I'll be crossing my fingers for Akiko really hard... Interesting that she did a Lz as her individual jump in this SP practice. I wonder if that's what she plans to do in 3 days... Given her e problems with the Lz, and that her F is so consistent, I hope she keeps the F.

Yes but if you look at the protocols of the team FS, she got the edge call on her flip, this used to be the case with Suzuki all season long before 2012-2013, she'd change which jump she gets edge calls on usually finishing the season with either no edge calls or edge calls on flips. So I'm not really surprised to see her do a lutz in the short, especially considering it must be consistent enough to have tried two in the FS earlier this season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow, I never like Gracie skating but she looks really really good in this practice. If judge is fair , she should have a shot for podium.

Agreed. I am still in awe about how confident and strong Gracie got so fast. She skates like a champion.

Krislite

Medalist
Any one remember the last two times we saw Yuna do a full 100% clean run-through of her LP in practice? Here's one from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQaJYMpEH4U

The answer is: Vancouver in 2010; London in 2013. :biggrin:

You get a real sense and appreciation of her speed and ice coverage in this video, though you miss out on the details.

usongpop

Spectator
That was GREAT! Thanks for sharing.

I say she's the only female skater worth watching from afar because of her speed and her flow.

TV closeups and cuts just don't do justice to her skating.

Mao was excellent also.

With Yuna sizzling, Mao dazzling and Julia lurking it's gonna be a hell of a competition. Can't Wait!

Barb

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dajvMl7yUI Wow, one of the really few 3 loops by Mao in a 3-3 that would get full credit. She looks really good in practice nailing those incredibly difficult jumps. People seem to forget how hard 3A and 3F+3Lo are.

Wow, she is doing great, but the thing is that she get nervous very easy, Yuna is already olympic champion, Yulia has nothing to lose because she is only 15yo, so I think that Mao is in disadvantage mentally.

vegarin

On the Ice
Wow, she is doing great, but the thing is that she get nervous very easy, Yuna is already olympic champion, Yulia has nothing to lose because she is only 15yo, so I think that Mao is in disadvantage mentally.
Or maybe not. Hopefully everyone putting up Julia to be the one to knock down Yuna from the pedestal could free her from the pressure and maybe Mao can rock the ice as she's always meant to. :fingers crossed: