2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Short Program

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I assume if Plushenko's clean it will be like always where his transition are the lowest but PE is the highest and balances it out

I assume if Plushenko's clean it will be like always where his transition are the lowest but PE is the highest and balances it out

Only his transitions should be 3.00 or so and he's so slow compared to the top skaters nowadays, his SS should be nowhere near Hanyu's, Chan's, Amodio's, Abbott's, etc. either.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Only his transitions should be 3.00 or so and he's so slow compared to the top skaters nowadays, his SS should be nowhere near Hanyu's, Chan's, Amodio's, Abbott's, etc. either.

I guess that would be more of an opinion than a realistic analysis ;)

cjuarez

Rinkside
I'm so happy olympics just minutes away! I hope Paul Bonifacio has a nice skate, good luck to him and that Yuzuru wins this short program!! But maybe Zhenyaa could do it ????

Icey

Record Breaker
Abbott's isu personal best in the short program is 86.98.

I hope not, but I wonder if this might be Plushenko's last competitive skate?

40 minutes to go. I can't imagine the pressure some of the skaters are feeling now (considering what I am feeling lol)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
SO EXCITED and then I realized that the "One time necessary only per device" Verification from NBC's stream stuff was "one time necessary per device per internet connection" so being at my research lab means no easy stream. Lame.

Still excited, though.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I guess that would be more of an opinion than a realistic analysis ;)

Actually, that would be more of a realistic analysis than the other factors like past glory and home soil advantage that end up giving him the inflated score he gets. ;)

auser

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have already posted this in various threads (the most recent being the Predictions thread. HINT - 30 minutes to get your predictions in!), but since the skating starts in 30 minutes, it's maybe the right time to post it in this thread.

I have posted the BBC link, in this post in the TV Schedule thread. So, if it is not geo-blocked, you should be able to watch today's skating on it.

If it is geo-blocked, then there are the usual illegal streams of спорт-2. But, I'm not posting any links on here in case the forum gets in trouble. You know what the IOC are like! ;)

If you are in Europe and you have a dish pointing at Astra 28.2E, you should be able to receive the BBC channels on satellite. The tuning details are in this post

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Actually, that would be more of a realistic analysis than the other factors like past glory and home soil advantage that end up giving him the inflated score he gets. ;)

Well, I guess, Still an opinion though,
But i meant realistic as in what's gonna actually happen.

And it's kinda hard to not call it you opinion when there are evidently at least 6\7 ISU judges who think otherwise :cool:
(Unless we're about to see him get a 25.00 for components)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
SO EXCITED FOR THE OLYMPICS TO BEGIN!!! Is NBCOlympics.com streaming anything?

According to the NBCOlympics website:

"Beginning on Thursday, February 6, with preliminary rounds of Snowboarding, Freestyle Skiing and Figure Skating, every phase of competition from all 15 sports on the Sochi program will be streamed LIVE on the NBCOlympics.com website and via mobile app.

Every hockey game. Every downhill run. Every figure skating routine. All available for viewing LIVE – with no additional cost to authenticated TV subscribers – as part of NBC Olympics’ digital offering from Sochi."

Looks like even if everything won't be on live TV, it'll be internet streamed.

And OMG my LiveExtra app still seems verified even if my laptop isn't.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I have already posted this in various threads (the most recent being the Predictions thread. HINT - 30 minutes to get your predictions in!), but since the skating starts in 30 minutes, it's maybe the right time to post it in this thread.

I have posted the BBC link, in this post in the TV Schedule thread. So, if it is not geo-blocked, you should be able to watch today's skating on it.

If it is geo-blocked, then there are the usual illegal streams of спорт-2. But, I'm not posting any links on here in case the forum gets in trouble. You know what the IOC are like! ;)

If you are in Europe and you have a dish pointing at Astra 28.2E, you should be able to receive the BBC channels on satellite. The tuning details are in this post

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

BBC was definitely geoblocked for the London 2012 games but I know people have found ways around it.

ingofan1

Rinkside
Is anyone nervous besides me that Jeremy is going to pull a Jeremy and mess up and our pairs also do not have a good track record.

KKonas

Medalist
It's finally the Olympics! First skating event: Team Event men's short program.

Skate Order:

1 PARR Matthew GBR
2 PARKINSON Paul Bonifacio ITA
3 GODOROZHA Yakov UKR
4 PLYUSHCHENKO Evgeny RUS
5 ABBOTT Jeremy USA

6 LIEBERS Peter GER
7 YAN Han CHN
8 AMODIO Florent FRA
9 CHAN Patrick CAN
10 HANYU Yuzuru JPN

And look who is TS and ATS: http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/SEG009OF.HTM

ISU results page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/SEG009.HTM

The skaters' planned elements can be viewed here after clicking on the "+"s: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-team-men-short-program

Does anyone know how the skate order is determined?

Most likely skate order determined by ISU world ranking or season's ranking.

meem

On the Ice
Is anyone nervous besides me that Jeremy is going to pull a Jeremy and mess up and our pairs also do not have a good track record.[/QUOTE

I swanee, if I see that look on Jeremy's face (and we all know that look of his), I'll probably throw something at the TV screen.

caitie

Medalist
I can't believe the Olympics is here, this season has gone by so fast. I'm not sure I'll actually believe it until the stream kicks in.

I hope Jeremy is okay skating right after Plushenko, he could bring the house down.