Is USA out of team event already? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Is USA out of team event already?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
lol

Gracie looks pretty in pictures but whenever I see her on the ice + packaging and everything she still looks like a little girl.

she is 18 and looks about the figure of a maturing lady and post pubescent
nothing like a little girl about red lipsticks and her hair buns, top skaters bun their hairs Yuna, Mao, Carolina who are much older

Ven

Match Penalty
she is 18 and looks about the figure of a maturing lady and post pubescent
nothing like a little girl about red lipsticks and her hair buns, top skaters bun their hairs Yuna, Mao, Carolina who are much older

Yuna and Mao looked more mature at the same age, and skated more mature programs. Adelina is a year younger than Gracie and looks older than her.

It's not so much the looks, it's the way she carries herself and her programs. I mean, Sleeping Beauty? She just has this little girl vibe, if you ask me.

Ven

Match Penalty
He earned that team medal tonight, but still pretty shady how he got on the team ahead of Kovtun who beat him fair and square.

I think Plush fans might be in for a big letdown in the FS.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
he wins on consistency ;)

and quality skating

which gracie doesn't really have yet sry2say

if gracie wins the lp we should all be in mourning because it obviously means the rest of the olympic village got taken out in a freak natural disaster

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
He earned that team medal tonight, but still pretty shady how he got on the team ahead of Kovtun who beat him fair and square.

I think Plush fans might be in for a big letdown in the FS.

because Kovtun bombed at Europeans and finished a distant 5th , Euros was the qualifying not Nationals
Kovtun has shown he implodes in high pressure situations Worlds and Euros

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
and quality skating

which gracie doesn't really have yet sry2say

if gracie wins the lp we should all be in mourning because it obviously means the rest of the olympic village got taken out in a freak natural disaster

define quality skating ?

Gracie has one of the best skating skills and she has speed
definitely has more than one raw skills with some already harnessed

Ven

Match Penalty
because Kovtun bombed at Europeans and finished a distant 5th , Euros was the qualifying not Nationals
Kovtun has shown he implodes in high pressure situations Worlds and Euros

Plush didn't skate at Euros. The reason he lost to Kovtun was the FS. He got on the Olympic team by simply not skating and not having to finish a LP. We'll see what happens Sunday. I think people will be surprised, but props to him for his terrific performance tonight.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
define quality skating ?

Gracie has one of the best skating skills and she has speed
definitely has more than one raw skills with some already harnessed

i don't know, not flailing your arms around like a distressed chicken would be a good start

USA isn't out of the team event yet. But after Wagner does 3F+3T<, landing the latter jump on her butt, in her SP, it might be. :p

(I wish her well but I'm not exactly having my hopes up. I'm preparing for a huge disappointment and this way when she inevitably bombs, I'll be ready for it and if she does well, I can be happy :p)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
No need to dramatize. US will be ok:) 1-in Dance, 3-4 in Ladies (I think Ashley will be ahead of Julia)

Ven

Match Penalty
Right now I think these totals are realistic possibilities after short programs:

1. Russia (35 points)
2. Canada (31 points)
3. USA (27 points)
4. China (26 points)
5. Japan (24-25 points)

With Italy and France ~22 points and failing to advance.

elif

Medalist
Right now I think these totals are realistic possibilities after short programs:

1. Russia (35 points)
2. Canada (31 points)
3. USA (27 points)
4. China (26 points)
5. Japan (24-25 points)

With Italy and France ~22 points and failing to advance.

With no Italy and France in the final Russia could use Bobrova/Soloviev for FD. Maybe Sotnikova for FS. Why China didn't send top skaters to short program I don't understand.:rolleye: Especially Li. Her team medal chance is higher than individual.

With no Italy and France in the final Russia could use Bobrova/Soloviev for FD. Maybe Sotnikova for FS. Why China didn't send top skaters to short program I don't understand.:rolleye: Especially Li. Her team medal chance is higher than individual.

Russia has reportedly chosen to replace the Pair and the Ice Dance team with Lipnitskaia skating both programs.

Li Zijun has been struggling with injuries so the federation probably doesn't want to overstrain her.

Pang/Tong are barely being held together with duct tape at this point. :p

Ven

Match Penalty
Probably a mistake by the Russians. Should have sent Sotnikova for the SP and Lipnitskaia for the LP.

If Adelina went clean in the SP (good chance) she'd get 2nd behind Mao for sure. Julia might get beat by Carolina and Ashley, in addition to Asada. Plus there's the whole experience thing, they have two medal contenders in the ladies event, would probably be better to give both of them exposure.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Probably a mistake by the Russians. Should have sent Sotnikova for the SP and Lipnitskaia for the LP.

If Adelina went clean in the SP (good chance) she'd get 2nd behind Mao for sure. Julia might get beat by Carolina and Ashley, in addition to Asada. Plus there's the whole experience thing, they have two medal contenders in the ladies event, would probably be better to give both of them exposure.

they are testing Julia here to get off some jitters before individuals
besides she has a better shot at gold here than in individuals where she will face Yuna, Mao and Gracie

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think its a mistake worn out Wagner is used here, she has been struggling couple with her nationals scandal judges will be giving her low marks as her reputation has dropped , a clean Gracie would have score on par with Mao Asada, Gracie SP in 73-76 range if clean

coupled with Gracie doing LP would have given US better points to move up, a clean LP Gracie will be scoring in 140-145 range
she would shoot up first in FS ahead of the aging 29 year old Suzuki who is inconsistent