Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

cptnhastings

On the Ice
The French report said there was a tradeoff for support of D/W, and Gracie was way overscored as well. She scored 136 falling on her ***...did you see that?

So the US really wanted Gold to finish 4th? For what reason? And who did she beat that should've been 4th instead? I heard the D/W part, but who trades 3 golds for 1? Especially 1 that they were already favored to win? Ugh. This conspiracy is plainly illogical. I'll exit this thread now.

Ven

Match Penalty
So the US really wanted Gold to finish 4th? For what reason? And who did she beat that should've been 4th instead? I heard the D/W part, but who trades 3 golds for 1? Especially 1 that they were already favored to win? Ugh. This conspiracy is plainly illogical. I'll exit this thread now.

If Gracie had skated clean and Kostner or Yuna fell once, she would have moved in (or even beat them clean). It's really not hard to figure out. Without help, Gracie would have maxed out in 120s. Now she can suddenly fall and still score 136. The fix couldn't be for guaranteed medals, only for maximum advantage. Look at Julia, how overscored she was, but even cheating couldn't help her she fell so much.