3) Cathy REED Chris REED JPN
4) Nelli ZHIGANSHINA Alexander GAZSI GER
5) Penny COOMES Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR

6) Nathalie PECHALAT Fabian BOURZAT FRA
7) Anna CAPPELLINI Luca LANOTTE ITA
8) Ekaterina BOBROVA Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
9) Tessa VIRTUE Scott MOIR CAN
10) Meryl DAVIS Charlie WHITE USA

Following stats from ISU for fan interest only, not prediction or commentary:)...

ISU Judging System - Season Bests Short Dance Scores 2013/2014:

1) 77.66 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA ISU Grand Prix Final 2013/14 06.12.2013
2) 77.59 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN ISU Grand Prix Final 2013/14 06.12.2013
3) 70.59 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA ISU GP Trophee Bompard 2013 15.11.2013
5) 69.88 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA ISU GP Skate America 2013 18.10.2013
7) 68.90 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS ISU Grand Prix Final 2013/14 06.12.2013
12) 61.76 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR ISU European Championships 2014 15.01.2014
16) 60.13 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER ISU GP Trophee Bompard 2013 15.11.2013
35) 54.28 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN ISU GP Skate America 2013 18.10.2013
50) 51.16 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN Nebelhorn Trophy 2013 26.09.2013
68) 45.84 Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN UKR ISU European Championships 2014 15.01.2014

Official results link with planned elements info: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-team-ice-dance-short-dance

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
i just realized that the reeds have the same name as the incestuous brother and sister from flowers in the attic

cjuarez

Rinkside
OMG I'm nervous, please Pechalat and Burzat have a great performance, please judges put them third, please!!!:cry:

VeredRoyz

Rinkside
BS"D

I really look forward to this! I hope someone will keep us updated during the competition!?

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse <3

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Creepy, considering I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago on Lifetime.

that's exactly what i was thinking of. what a masterpiece of modern cinema tbh

predictions anyone?

1. v/m
2. d/w
3. b/s

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*groans* I just realised that both V/M and D/W are doing the team event. That seals it. I'm not coming anywhere near this thread. The lunatics will be out in full force.

caitie

Medalist
I wonder how long Golden Skate will hold up this time. It crashed during Jeremy Abbott's skate for me, and I had to seek comfort elsewhere!

caitie

Medalist
Quickie question, should both teams make the final, will V/M skate the FD or switch with W/P? I know D/W will be doing both events (if they qualify).

I'm pretty sure V/M will skate both because I expect Canada will be using their two subs on pairs (confirmed) and Kevin Reynolds.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
OMG I'm nervous, please Pechalat and Burzat have a great performance, please judges put them third, please!!!:cry:

I wish them good outing today also...but I'm afraid that their originality for finnstep approach this year (more jazzy/modern than ballroom) won't be estimated properly by judges...Regarding this season's results and scores for SD I see some tendency to put typicall ballroom routines (which are for me just boring no matter what great they are danced) up to the other not-so-ballroom routines. And to be clear - I'm not saying that judges not phrase these "other" SDs - yes, they phrase them (scores from GPs show that) but in GPF when couples with traditional ballroom SDs were competed against coupes with jazzy/modern SDs (including Nathalie and Fabian), SD more ballroom-ish were scored higher so in my opinion judges search rather traditional ballroom routines this year (unfortunately...)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Quickie question, should both teams make the final, will V/M skate the FD or switch with W/P? I know D/W will be doing both events (if they qualify).

I would say it would depend on how close the score is between Russia and Canada at the time the decision is made. W/P has never beaten B/S (as far as I can remember), so if the score is close I doubt they would be substituted. It also will depend on whatever OTHER substitution Canada is going to make for the finals. I'd say it's very likely that V/M will do both.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I would say it would depend on how close the score is between Russia and Canada at the time the decision is made. W/P has never beaten B/S (as far as I can remember), so if the score is close I doubt they would be substituted. It also will depend on whatever OTHER substitution Canada is going to make for the finals. I'd say it's very likely that V/M will do both.

even if chiddy doesn't pussy out of skating the long, v/m will probably skate anyway. they seem really weirdly adamant about skating both