Should Lipnitskaya have been called for wrong edge? Team Event SP | Golden Skate

Should Lipnitskaya have been called for wrong edge? Team Event SP

jkun

Final Flight
I was looking over the protocol for Julia's skate during the short program and I saw that she was not given an edge call. So I checked the performance again to see if her lutz edge has been fixed.

Here's a link too..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVbvn2Iq0pE

While she does seem to flutz less severely, I still think she is doing a edge change. Was wondering what your thoughts were on her opening combo. Not taking any credit away from her performance, but it would be extremely disappointing if the technical callers are looking past these issues because of home advantage..

jkun

Final Flight
Just looked at a replay of the 2014 Euro Sp again where she got an edge call and her jump appears unchanged. The camera angles are a bit different though.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Definitely a Flutz. it would be less controversial if she received 0 on GOE on that jump, but she received +1.4. These judges are being pressured.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the Yuna ubers making in full force :slink:

wasn't it enough you are already flooding and harrassing Julia hashtags
on twitter with your disgusting tweets :disapp:

dont worry Yuna is still the queen if that makes you feel better

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
come here. her come her here...

Kim Yuna is under attacked :unsure:
poor Julia is the new Mao

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think she had a better edge on that in the past but it still looked like a change on the edge. Seems expected that she wouldn't get the edge call on Russian ice just like Cup of Russia.

The more grievous thing was her PCS placing her ahead of Kostner and being comparable to Mao's. Again, Russian ice, so hardly unexpected.

Elaine

On the Ice
Can anyone let me know how to edit the ignore list? I can't resist anymore.

elif

Medalist
Definitely a Flutz. it would be less controversial if she received 0 on GOE on that jump, but she received +1.4. These judges are being pressured.

Just judges not hateful as fans thats all. Even when she get e deductions judges didn't take away more than 0.2. Look at protocols. You can't say this to other skaters like Sotnikova. who flutz badly.

If someone take a cap from take off, we can see more clearly.

gmyers

Record Breaker
The edge was fine and it was a combo with 3t too and it was well done so +3 would've been legit..

hanca

Record Breaker
Some people are such sore loosers... when winning doesn't go the way they want to, it is either judges incompetence, tech spec making wrong calls or fixed results! What next, suggesting that Russian Federation bought the judges? Julia went there and skated clean program, you know.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Some people are such sore loosers... when winning doesn't go the way they want to, it is either judges incompetence, tech spec making wrong calls or fixed results! What next, suggesting that Russian Federation bought the judges? Julia went there and skated clean program, you know.

:clap: :party: :points:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
hanca said:

Yeah, of course "You're all haterz!" is the perfect argument here :sarcasm:

So Julia skated clean? Guess what, so did Caro. Does that mean her Flutz shouldn't be called as one? Does that mean it makes sense at least one jugde gave Julia s higher Skating skills score than Caro (and Mao)? No, it doesn't.

I like her and think she deserved to win here, but her marks are too high. That's calles having eyes and not being a hater.

elif

Medalist
I'm not going to say her lutz is clean, I'm still waiting a photo/video but Julia beat Kostner every time they skated this year. Last one is european championships. I don't understand why everyone is suprised.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Some Julia fans are in denial

see for yourself

She changes her edge to an inside edge. Can't believe the tech caller didn't even call this, when I'm pretty sure they have MUCH slower playback than the one I found. :disapp:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, I have no horse in the ladies' race bar Brooklee Han, and as Australia did not make the team event, I had no horse in the race at all.

Lipnitskaya's score was ridiculous and yes, that was a DEFINITE flutz. Very obvious. She is very immature in her skating style, and there was almost zero musical connection, and absolutely no emotional interpretation at all. People are making a big deal about her because she draws a heart on the ice, huh? And her jumps aren't great. They're quite small.

andyjo24

Medalist
Some Julia fans are in denial

see for yourself

She changes her edge to an inside edge. Can't believe the tech caller didn't even call this, when I'm pretty sure they have MUCH slower playback than the one I found. :disapp:

Wow! That's perfect proof right there.

IMO, Julia deserved first today fair and square, but there definitely should have been an edge call on the lutz.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Okay, I have no horse in the ladies' race bar Brooklee Han, and as Australia did not make the team event, I had no horse in the race at all.

Lipnitskaya's score was ridiculous and yes, that was a DEFINITE flutz. Very obvious. She is very immature in her skating style, and there was almost zero musical connection, and absolutely no emotional interpretation at all. People are making a big deal about her because she draws a heart on the ice, huh? And her jumps aren't great. They're quite small.

Don't worry, if you dare to say that Julia isn't perfectly perfect all the time you'll be branded as a sore loser that is just pissed Mao and/or Kostner lost and, if you're lucky, you'll also get bashed for being a Canadian that is spreading false rumours to have V/M beat D/W. The fact that you're Australian will be dully ignored.

Clearly the judges are always 100% right. Unless Chan wins. Or, more precisely: in the minds of some people the judges are always right when their pet skaters win and always wrong when the skaters they don't like win.