World's drinking game? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World's drinking game?

sarahmistral

On the Ice
CHUG...

if Sasha stumbles and Peggy cries "focus fowl";)

when they forget to even MENTION Stephane Lambiel's 4th place finish (while his face is prominently featured on the screen) in their rush to inform us that two Americans--who we GOT to see--ended up in the top six (I have a bottle tucked away for this rule alone:) )

Wheeeee; this is fun!!!:laugh:

still sober Sarah (but not for long;) )

Kateri

On the Ice
Eurosport viewers - we need one for Chris & Simon, I think....

maybe we can split it into "universal" drinking rules, e.g. ones based on the skating (e.g. Mike's Pikes) and another set for the commentators that can be changed depending on who you're listening to.

hmmm...will look out for c&s's favourite phrases - they certainly have them!

K.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
CHUG...

When ABC doesn't show you the 4th place finisher in the most important event of the year. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

DG

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'll have to adapt this for CBC

Heres a start

1 sip everytime a Canadian skater makes a mistake and Barb and Paul DON'T comment on it

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Okay, what was up last night with Dick being quiter than usual? I think Terry talked more than Dick and Peggy did. If I'd been playing this during Nats, the whole cake would've been gone. Instead, the amount I got through was pitiful.:laugh:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Kahlua Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 milk chocolate pudding mix
2/3 cup Kahlua -- coffee liqueur
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Beat together all
ingredients in a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour into a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 25
minutes. Drizzle with icing, garnish as desired.

ICING
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cream
2 Tbsp Kahlua

Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Heat cream and add coffee until dissolved. Stir into powdered sugar and add Kahlua, to taste.

***I modified this a little. I made up a batch of chocolate glaze and poured it over the top of the Kahlua glaze b/c I could taste the Kahlua more than I wanted to. It turned out pretty good. You can never have enough chocolate, lol.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
OMG I'm back in this game!!

Additional recommended rules.

1 sip - Every time someone mentions the time rule as pertains to Michelle.

2 sips - Every time the length of the cut of her music is mistaken for the actual length of her skate is mentioned.

CHUG - For the benefit of all people who don't realize that time limits on both ends of a performance are STANDARD for anyone competing in a subjective sport. (penalties under and over. I don't know if there is an under penalty, but found out today there is an over penalty, and thank God at least ONE mandatory deduction was applied today from the reports, and not seeing anything myself.)

OK. I owe myself at least 20 well deserved sips at this point, which should make my Italian Beef interesting for tomorrow - those that will have to eat it while I'm hiding out with my New Lover Eurosport. The "hiding out" part won't be an issue at 6AM, but could get very dicey by the time guests start arriving, which according to my estimates should be about the time the final flight takes the ice. AAAGGGHHH! TGIF

DG