If you were an Olympic figure skating god... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you were an Olympic figure skating god...

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
It's difficult for me to choose between T/V and Yuzuru. But I think Yuzuru can win without any help.
So… V/M. I guess supernatural powers are the only chances. :)

sweetskates1

Medalist
Moir seems to know he is going to win so maybe he does not need your help. Yuzuru is the greatest right now of the men with quads. Chan is not loved by audiences and that is a fact. It's Canadians vs the World with him - at least that is what it seems like to me.

It's difficult for me to choose between T/V and Yuzuru. But I think Yuzuru can win without any help.
So… V/M. I guess supernatural powers are the only chances. :)

sweetskates1

Medalist
:think: Something tells me that Julia will either win like Hughes/Lapinski or implode..... I hope that Mao and Caro skate clean - if they do and she still beats them, something is wrong... very wrong.

can u jinx other skaters so ur favorite wins? or is it betters to just power-up your favorite?[/QUOTE

I wouldn't mind Julia having a mild cramp:biggrin::slink:, but since that's mean, it's better that everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYXJP1SRCU

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Moir seems to know he is going to win so maybe he does not need your help. Yuzuru is the greatest right now of the men with quads. Chan is not loved by audiences and that is a fact. It's Canadians vs the World with him - at least that is what it seems like to me.

Just read Scott Moir's remarks from the post-team event press conference where he admitted "We got smoked" by Marlie and ""Not even close ... It was a good skate, but the levels weren't where they needed to be."

I wouldn't say that sounds like a man who knows he is going to win. What it sounds like is a man who knows it is going to be a tough competition.

dress

On the Ice
I would love to see akiko suzuki skate clean with no tension. I would not jinx anybody because I like to see people performing at their best. I would stop de Russian inflation, and make the technical panel calls the under rotation/wrong edges. Finally, if I was a God, I would ensure faire judging for every skaters. They work hard, and they deserve fair judgement.

sweetskates1

Medalist
He did admit to getting beaten during the team competition but he believes he is going to win the individual competition. He looks at D/W as inferior peons and at himself and Tessa as the greatest ice dancers.

Just read Scott Moir's remarks from the post-team event press conference where he admitted "We got smoked" by Marlie and ""Not even close ... It was a good skate, but the levels weren't where they needed to be."

I wouldn't say that sounds like a man who knows he is going to win. What it sounds like is a man who knows it is going to be a tough competition.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Fair judging would be the greatest gift to all the skaters. Honestly, even with a 'clean' skate Suzuki will not medal. She has been pinned as an underrotator. She is toast.

I would love to see akiko suzuki skate clean with no tension. I would not jinx anybody because I like to see people performing at their best. I would stop de Russian inflation, and make the technical panel calls the under rotation/wrong edges. Finally, if I was a God, I would ensure faire judging for every skaters. They work hard, and they deserve fair judgement.

dress

On the Ice
I compete in a judge sport(not figure skating since I could not skate to save my life LOL). My sport still uses a system like the 6,0. So, I fully understand the importance of fair judgment.

Manitou

Medalist
It would be very unfair of God to interfere with skating results, but if I had powers of some alien specie and I could control events, then obviously I would end world hunger, injustice and sufferings. However, if my abilities were limited to skating only, then I would do this:
1. Give silver to Savchenko/Szolkowy after a good performance. They deserved it. And gold, of course, needs to go to the Russians.
2. Give gold to Plushenko. That would make a really nice story with a really nice ending. If that is not possible, then Patrick Chan is good too.
3. Give deserved gold to Davis/White and make them the best dance team in history. With Tessa/Scott in close second. And make sure Zueva stays in the US.
4. Give gold to Yulia after a spectacular, flawless and emotional performance. Then make sure she is not near the US media, stays home-schooled and out of spotlights. Silver to Gracie, and then bronze to Adelina. Keep Yuna out of top five. You really have to work hard to maintain your position, not just live on interest.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Hahahahaha :) Yes, what are the odds that gods/alien species would choose to only interfere with Olympic figure skating? Sounds like you would collude with the Russian/American conspirators hahahahahahaha from your choices before.

It would be very unfair of God to interfere with skating results, but if I had powers of some alien specie and I could control events, then obviously I would end world hunger, injustice and sufferings. However, if my abilities were limited to skating only, then I would do this:
1. Give silver to Savchenko/Szolkowy after a good performance. They deserved it. And gold, of course, needs to go to the Russians.
2. Give gold to Plushenko. That would make a really nice story with a really nice ending. If that is not possible, then Patrick Chan is good too.
3. Give deserved gold to Davis/White and make them the best dance team in history. With Tessa/Scott in close second. And make sure Zueva stays in the US.
4. Give gold to Yulia and then make sure she is not near the US media, stays home-schooled and out of spotlights. Silver to Gracie, and then bronze to Adelina. Keep Yuna out of top five. You really have to work hard to maintain your position, not just live on interest.

Becki

Medalist
He did admit to getting beaten during the team competition but he believes he is going to win the individual competition. He looks at D/W as inferior peons and at himself and Tessa as the greatest ice dancers.

Tessa is a very strong ice dancer, if not the strongest female ice dancer currently competing. I honestly think she would've been a world-class singles if she didn't choose ice dance. She's so athletic and has great skating skills.

Back to the main topic........

I want everyone retiring to have the skate of their lives! Mao Asada to finally execute two perfect programs. Honestly, I can't ask for more than that. To win OGM with two triple axels, her mother's favourite jump, and be able to retire achieving the pinnacle of figure skating.

D/W and V/M to skate two perfect programs and let the best team win. I hope the best time wins by the slimmest of margins 'cause if perfect, both of the teams should be within less than a point of each other.

For Russian inflation to stop.

vegarin

On the Ice
Keep Yuna out of top five. You really have to work hard to maintain your position, not just live on interest.
Wow, if winning by the margin of 20 points against the second place isn't maintaining your position but "living only on interest", I don't know what would it take for a top skater to maintain his/her position, by your definition. And that was just last season. This season she was injured. Otherwise she would not risk this low SP placement by not competing.

From what's going on right now, I'd wish every veteran to skate to the best of their abilities and show the world what's what.

treeloving

Medalist
I would prevent any countries with leader like Putin to host any figure skating competition.

Also seeing how score go, I would cure Smirnov and let k/s complete, this might be the only chance for them to win olympic medal.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
HTML:
I would strike down judges who prop up favourites and hold back other skaters who do well.

You know how they used to drop the highest and lowest scores each time? I'd replace the highest and lowest judges each time so the judges were too afraid to score anything that skewed a skater's marks. :biggrin:

I'd also set Plushenko's feet on fire every time he stopped to pose, just to keep him moving. ;)

Eloise

Rinkside
That's a good one. Since you are already using your powers for Mao, I'll use mine for Caro. :love:

I would use my power for two splendid performances for Caro (with a 7 triples FS) which would allow her to win OGM in a scenario in which everyone else was also perfect. Then I would retire as figure skating god :)

Antilopa

On the Ice
I would use my power for two splendid performances for Caro (with a 7 triples FS) which would allow her to win OGM in a scenario in which everyone else was also perfect. Then I would retire as figure skating god :)
:agree:

Florencito

Medalist
Only one skater? Then Javier.

If one skater/pair per event, then also Valentina Marchei, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Pechalat/Bourzat.