The feelings/rant/etc. thread. | Page 8 | Golden Skate

The feelings/rant/etc. thread.

desertskates

Medalist
LMFAO. Whoever did Megan's hair? There's a lawsuit involved. She looks like Imogene Coca or Rosanne Rosanneadana... or Kristen Wiig's Dooneese on SNL. Google away.

I don't know who did it, but it looks like they used one of those plastic knives that come with take out food. Ugh, I'd punch someone if that happened to me!

Barb

Record Breaker
More weight usually translates to more breathing problems for asthmatics. So, no, that is not a solution for him.

I lost weight after an illness several years ago. I went from a size 8-10 to a 2-4. And my breathing vastly improved. I eventually gained to about a 6, which is a more ideal weight for me, and my breathing is still better. I have not used maintenance medication since losing. Basically, even a little extra weight can have a negative impact on asthma.

I dont think the problem with condition is his asthma but anyway I don not had read anything about asthmatic people having problem with a gain of weight (healthy weight).

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
LMFAO. Whoever did Megan's hair? There's a lawsuit involved. She looks like Imogene Coca or Rosanne Rosanneadana... or Kristen Wiig's Dooneese on SNL. Google away.

For sure the very same person who did Florent Amodio's makeup for the SP...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alright, I need to vent for a moment about what a piece of steaming turd the NBC Sochi website is.

You have to click through to see anything. I am going to sue them years from now to pay for my carpal tunnel bills. Vancouver had a great, usable interface. This has prettier graphics AND NOTHING ELSE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm really feeling this post. Thank you. I too feel better now.

louisa05

Final Flight
This is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! Misha Ge is KILLING me with his supportive, lovely tweets about other skaters and his general joie de vivre.

and then there's the matter of SMOKING HOT Brian Joubert! :)

Misha is the anti-Chan. :slink:

BlackPack

Medalist
Alright, I need to vent for a moment about what a piece of steaming turd the NBC Sochi website is.

You have to click through to see anything. I am going to sue them years from now to pay for my carpal tunnel bills. Vancouver had a great, usable interface. This has prettier graphics AND NOTHING ELSE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I thought NBC did a decent job with the streaming. Now, if they can get rid of Johnny and Tara and find some commentators who are experts in their respective fields.

sweetskates1

Medalist
After all that D/W have accomplished and earned, some refuse to acknowledge them as skilled and talented. End of rant

meem

On the Ice
@Sweetskates: you said it! I've already ranted at the FD thread. Some of them are like a dog with a bone - can't let go, trying to fan the flame of the pathetic"scandal" rumor...very sorry folks. D/W skated a gold medal program today and wouldn't have needed any deals. They won gold the old-fashioned way: they earned it!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How about Yahoo's annoying continual posting on Charlie and Tanith's relationship all the while mentioning how it's "secret" and they want to keep it private and out of the limelight? That needs a rant.

MsSweetie

Rinkside
I want to ring the neck of the TSN Sportscaster who kept saying at every commercial break during today's ice dance that they would be "back with more of the Pair's Free Skate" after the break. I guess someone eventually called him on it, because he finally started saying "Dance free Skate" nearing the end of it all.

And to all the UBERS of V/M or D/W or whoever else.... CONGRATULATIONS to all the medalists and all of those who had their personal bests. What's done is done and we can't re-write history, all we can do is enjoy the moments that made us laugh, smile and cry. For me, I wanted Tessa and Scott to win, regardless of knowing that it wasn't likely going to happen. But to me they didn't lose the Gold, they won the Silver. They said that they had the kinds of skates they wanted and the moments that they wanted, so that's good enough for me. I'll take that.

Angryyew

Rinkside
How about Yahoo's annoying continual posting on Charlie and Tanith's relationship all the while mentioning how it's "secret" and they want to keep it private and out of the limelight? That needs a rant.

I've long resented Charlie & Tanith for insisting that they were merely seated at the table right next to us at The Cheesecake Factory and not actually on a double date, but now I see it was all part of keeping their relationship on the down low. It's all good guys. My lips are sealed!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm really sad for the Shibutanis. They had such a great SD yesterday and then to hear them struggle today with that wardrobe malfunction and that Maia was close in tears. :cry:

Not a great way to end your Olympic experience. But it sounds like they have been there for each other and I'm sure they have the support of others on Team USA, so that's a positive.

I hope they will improve at Worlds.

Barb

Record Breaker
I'm really sad for the Shibutanis. They had such a great SD yesterday and then to hear them struggle today with that wardrobe malfunction and that Maia was close in tears. :cry:

Not a great way to end your Olympic experience. But it sounds like they have been there for each other and I'm sure they have the support of others on Team USA, so that's a positive.

I hope they will improve at Worlds.

I hope they finally get the programs they deserve, just look to Weber/Poje, yesterday terrible and today practically they were the stars of the night, difference, THE PROGRAM, ok, I know they did it better, but definitly the big difference was the program.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
-V/M. As always, it was a pleasure to watch these beautiful skaters. I loved Scott's reaction after the SP.
-fell in love with Nathalie's dress from the LP
-I liked C/L even more than at the EC. Anna reminds me of Helena Bonham-Carter. :laugh:
-D/W amazing speed. Well deserved gold medal