Klimkin withdrew | Golden Skate

Klimkin withdrew

Tove

On the Ice
Ilia has withdrawn from the competition cause of injury.

he was injured at practice at home before the championships, a muscle that runs from his knee to his thigh and said "I couldn't skate at all"

it bothered him in the qualifying and the short, and now it says on the official worlds site he has withdrawn....

ILIAAAAA....*sobb
:cry: :cry:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
That is so sad. He was having such a good season with the Euros bronze and all. Let's hope he recoops well and comes back strong next season.

Am I being paronoid, or does the Rus Fed push their skaters to compete thru injury?

>How sad that news is. He's so unique in figure skating. My best to him to get well and make it gold next year.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
berthes ghost said:
Am I being paronoid, or does the Rus Fed push their skaters to compete thru injury?

I would rather think that the skaters themselves wish to, it is a question of money after all.

Sad to hear the news about Klimkin! I hope that his injury will be over soon.

Yes, also I think that Klimkin will not find it easy to get into Russian Worlds team again as there are younger talented skaters coming.

Marjaana

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I myself am a BIG fan of Klimpkin's.. He is such an unusual and fresh skater.. I really enjoy what he brings to skating.. Something new, creative, and over the top.. I hope he comes back strong next year and pushes the norm again!!..............Peace

Evdokia

On the Ice
Jaana said:
Yes, also I think that Klimkin will not find it easy to get into Russian Worlds team again as there are younger talented skaters coming.

I don't think that Klimkin will have problems making the team again next year, unless Russia looses it 3rd spot for Worlds. - And I pray that this is not going to happen, cause otherwise RN will be cruel next year. :eek:

I'm sorry Ilja had to withdraw, but it's a pretty wise decision rather to withdraw than to skate while being injured. (Russian Fed might of course see it in another way :rolleye: ) I wish him a speedy recovery!!! :(

Mafke

Medalist
As a big fan (who was very happy at his Euro bronze) I think he's had a rough season with a coach (who he was close to) dying and more than one injury.

I really hope he can come back, all that talent and originality has to be seen.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am really disapointed that Ilya chose to skate instead of withdrawing BEFORE the championship. Had he done that, the #4 Russian skater, Lutai (Mishina's student) or #5 -- Dobrin (Gromova's student) would have had a chance to compete. He probably would not have made it in top ten, but it would have been a very valuable experience.

Oh, and I do feel sorry for his injury -- he has done so great in Budapest. He's really had a rough year, with his coach's death and all. I hope he recovers and has a great next season.

Kasey

Medalist
:(

I had just sent an email to my mom last night, telling her to watch for him, because he's so fun and unusual to watch. I do hope he is healthy for next season.

Kasey

ouridol

On the Ice
I've always liked Ilia, ever since I first saw him skate. This is so unfortunant:( I wish him the best next year! :)

viennese

Rinkside
I'm sorry to see him out of Worlds. I liked him so much at Europeans.

There's one move he does that is so cool, the triple salchow out of a spin. I had read about it in a figure skating book, but had never seen it done Klimkin did it. It was like seeing the impossible come to life. Really magical, his skating, when it all comes together.

Tove

On the Ice
I truly hope there's not all that preassure from the federation, but not too sure...

Ilia said himself in an interview he was pushed to compete at Cup of China, despite beeing injured, and then it got worse after, and it took him off the ice again....

can't they just see it would be wise to let those injuries heal???

Would love to see Dobrin *love, though I'm a huge fan of both, so Ilia should be there too.