Everyone is writing off Sotnikova and Asada | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Everyone is writing off Sotnikova and Asada

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just re-reading everyone's posts here from a few weeks back. I have no idea what the judges will do with a clean Adelina. Her SP is pretty impressive. More so than Julia which may confuse the crowd. I think Adelina not skating in the team event may hurt her chances overall. Julia took full advantage and most of the world ate it up like candy. Adelina may have more to prove. Two weeks ago I'd have thought Adelina would lead between the two after the SP, now I just don't know. It's feeling likely we could have two Russians on the podium with Kim.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I think now with Yulia being the "star" of the games, Adelina's chances have gone down. Unless Yulia messes up, in which case I see a Russian on the podium no matter what.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Agree about Mao. Sotnikova can certainly beat Lipnitskaya but she might need a clean 3Lutz-3Loop in both programs (a very tall order). If she skates cleanly she would easily crack 140 as well given the Russian inflation. The scoring of Carolina relative to the Russians is really disappointing, but a clean LP from Carolina with GOE/PCS in line with her Worlds 2013 performances would get 142 points. She could go higher than that with a clean performance here (even if pangtongfan says that will never happen and clean Carolina is a theoretical construct disobeying the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Things Get Worse). So all hope is not lost.

i just want carolina to skate without any mistakes in either program. in the long, she needs to another double axel towards the end of her skate. she's giving up to many points by only doing six triples and one double axel.