Sandhu... | Golden Skate

Sandhu...

sarahmistral

On the Ice
call me crazy, but after watching his SP meltdown, I was thinking he'd have a great career as an ice dancer...okay, maybe listening to the OD on Eurosport influenced me a bit:) But seriously, the guy's musicality and dance quality is obviously superb and cannot be denied; maybe he should be spared the jumps altogether to exploit that dance quality...I for one think he belongs in a dance setting rather than in the jump contest that free skating often becomes...

Your thoughts??

Sarah

dfj

On the Ice
sarahmistral said:
call me crazy, but after watching his SP meltdown, I was thinking he'd have a great career as an ice dancer...okay, maybe listening to the OD on Eurosport influenced me a bit:) But seriously, the guy's musicality and dance quality is obviously superb and cannot be denied; maybe he should be spared the jumps altogether to exploit that dance quality...I for one think he belongs in a dance setting rather than in the jump contest that free skating often becomes...

Your thoughts??

Sarah

I've been saying the same thing for a couple of years now. He has absolutely everything necessary for a dancer. Watching his SP this year had me thinking of him and Shae-Lyn. Ooh la la!

And, for him, a partner on the ice might frighten away some of those demons that keep chasing him around.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Not the worst idea I've ever heard! I'd rather they tranquilize him or hypnotize him, though. When he actually does the jumps, he is so awesome. I just don't get it. I don't know what would help him now? It's such a waste of his talent that he can't do it when it counts. Does he not believe in himself or something? It's so rare to find a skater with that kind of balletic movement and the spins and the musicality and the jumps. It's a shame he can't be more consistent. I hope he gives a solid long to show how great he really is.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I disagree. Skating together with someone one really cannot afford meltdowns. I mean, who would want to pair with someone who can melt down any time.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sarah:

I think you may have hit the best suggestion of all! Emanuel is very musical and definitley would do well as a dancer. That might be a an option for him to consider.

buttlefan

Spectator
i agree that he would be a wonderful ice dancer, but he'll have to find a partner who will put up with him...

soogar

Record Breaker
I don't see Sandhu as an ice dancer. First of all , I don't think there's a girl out there who could do him justice skating wise as a partner. Second he is such a beautiful jumper when he's on that it would be a waste for him to ice dance.

rpiche

Rinkside
I don't think he would do any girl justice as a partner. Yes, he has talents but he can't to settle his nerves.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
thanks, Ladskater; i thought you might like that idea:) It occurred to me while watching his lovely straight-line footwork on the tango; for a second it seemed that he was doing an ice dancing routine--people mention his nerves and it's certainly a point well taken, but aren't they mostly an issue on the jumps? And I'm sure there's some female ice dancer out there who can do him justice; even with all that, it's mostly feeling like a copout suggestion, even to me, a solution to a BIG problem (his meltdowns), but aside from that, I really thought he would make an amazing ice dancer because he does that already, so well...sigh. I wish him the best, that he can do the best, not for a nation or a load of experts' expectations, but for himself, as it's hard enough to even do that without added pressure. A sports psychologist might help.

Sarah

p.s. has any skater ever competed in singles and ice dance