Predictions Ladies event | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Predictions Ladies event

jcsamex

Rinkside
That's cute. I think I'll try believing in Mao too.

1) Mao (she lands 8 triples and throws in a quad Loop for good measure)
2) Carolina (she lands everything, including a 3Flip-3Toe, and restores that 3Salchow to its proper place at the final climax of her program)
3) Yuna (she lands 3Lutz-3Toe and 3Flip-3Toe before throwing in a 3Loop)

Sotnikova is in 0th place, where after she lands all her jumps the technical panel calls all her jumps as quads and the judges declare her to have ascended to skating heaven. She gets awarded a platinum medal.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here are my predictions:

1. Yuna: she will deliver. I think after seeing the SP result she gained the hunger she had somewhat lost.
2. Carolina: she's matured so much both as a competitor and as an artist. I really hope she does deliver the goods we all know she have.
3. Julia: she'll have the 2nd highest (if not the highest) FP score of the night and she'll be the one russian on the podium (and he judges will help her a lot).
----
4. Gracie: she'll skate clean but a little tight and shaky in at least on of the hard jumps.
5. Adelina: I hope she skates clean and manages to stay on the podium but she's always a huge question mark going into the long program. She's been getting better as a competitor but I think she won't be able to handle all that pressure put upon her.
6. Ashley: she'll skate mostly clean with a couple of minor wobbles. She won't be happy with her placement as she's still in denial and believes her skating should be in the top three.
7. Mao: she'll come back but her UR will keep her out of the top standings. She'll go for two triple axels, though.

Seyonne

Rinkside
right now i'm predicting two russians on the podium along with Yuna. Kostner will skate well, just not well enough. Gracie will be fifth.

CarneAsada

Medalist
And I believed in Mao Asada, and so it was done. And I said to Her "O 8-triple protocol, Appeareth!" and She landed 8 triples.

CarneAsada

Medalist
It is a shame she probably still wont medal. The final flight would have to bomb for not atleast 3 to clear 200, especialy the top 3 right now. Given the proposterous scores and millions spent on buying the Russians medals, it might not even be a top 3 LP score today. Still great to see her have the performance of that layout she was waiting to happen for so long! What a comeback, and a champion. I would love if she continue to 2018.
People are saying her jumps have been in decline for years, and I agree her jumps were never as they were in 2008, but man. Just the example of Carolina Kostner should be enough to persuade Mao; she bombed at 2 straight Olympics before delivering a fantastic SP with upgraded content in her what, 12th year of senior competition?

CarneAsada

Medalist
1) Mao (she lands 8 triples and throws in a quad Loop for good measure)
2) Carolina (she lands everything, including a 3Flip-3Toe, and restores that 3Salchow to its proper place at the final climax of her program)
3) Yuna (she lands 3Lutz-3Toe and 3Flip-3Toe before throwing in a 3Loop)

Sotnikova is in 0th place, where after she lands all her jumps the technical panel calls all her jumps as quads and the judges declare her to have ascended to skating heaven. She gets awarded a platinum medal.
It looks like all my predictions came to pass in more realistic form. Everything landed and Sotnikova pushed to victory. I almost feel guilty for predicting Sotnikova in 0th place now. :laugh:

Plus she went through that whole process of reworking her jumps and since 2012 atleast they are on the up again and have been getting better and better. The short program here was purely nerves (and perhaps some lost heart seeing as the gold medal had already been bought for Russia). However it would be a shame to abort now when she went through all that work to redo her jumps after 2010 and they are now in the process of getting better, and could continue.
Definitely. She appeared at this Olympics with her jumps in the best condition they had ever been since 2008. 3As with almost no hook at the end, 3F-3Lo getting nailed over and over (the most difficult combination from the competition, now that Adelina chickened out on her 3Lutz-3Loop), a nice 2A-3T as well. She should take a break next year and consider a comeback later. Kim and Slutskaya were both out due to injury at various points in their career yet Slutskaya was landing 3-3Lo combinations at 27 (and Yuna needs no explanation).