2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Date: Wednesday, February 12th

Start time in Sochi: 19:45 (7:45 PM Sochi time)
Start times (US): 10:45 AM Eastern/9:45 AM Central/8:45 AM Mountain/7:45 AM Pacfic

Time Zone Converter for all others: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

ISU starting orders/results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/SEG006.HTM

Sochi website with planned elements/results: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-pairs-free-skating

STARTING ORDERS

Warm Up Group 1:

1 ZHANG Felicia / BARTHOLOMAY Nathan USA 14 56.90
2 LAWRENCE Paige / SWIEGERS Rudi CAN 13 58.97
3 DELLA MONICA Nicole / GUARISE Matteo ITA 16 51.64
4 DAVIDOVICH Andrea / KRASNOPOLSKI Evgeni ISR 15 53.38

Warm-Up Group 2:

5 BERTON Stefania / HOTAREK Ondrej ITA 11 63.57
6 CASTELLI Marissa / SHNAPIR Simon USA 9 67.44
7 JAMES Vanessa / CIPRES Morgan FRA 10 65.36
8 WENDE Maylin / WENDE Daniel GER 12 59.25

Warm-Up Group 3:

9 DUHAMEL Meagan / RADFORD Eric CAN 5 72.21
10 MOORE-TOWERS Kristen / MOSCOVITCH Dylan CAN 6 70.92
11 BAZAROVA Vera / LARIONOV Yuri RUS 8 69.66
12 PENG Cheng / ZHANG Hao CHN 7 70.59

Warm-Up Group 4:

13 STOLBOVA Ksenia / KLIMOV Fedor RUS 3 75.21
14 VOLOSOZHAR Tatiana / TRANKOV Maxim RUS 1 84.17
15 PANG Qing / TONG Jian CHN 4 73.30
16 SAVCHENKO Aliona / SZOLKOWY Robin GER 2 79.64

Mirunna

Record Breaker
S/S go last and fortunately, not right after V/T. Hmm, they usually skates better before V/T and a good skate from V/T might spook them.
But how amazing would it be to end the competition with a clean throw 3A! A dream come true!

ARipp42014

Medalist
This is similar to 2010. Pang and Tong skated 3rd in the final flight. Aliona and Robin skated 2nd in that group, but skating last this time around.

Part of me wants to rewatch the 2010 FS. What a difference 4 years make: Max and Tanya had different (and weaker) partners, Robin messed up in the FS, Pang and Tong won the night for me, and Shen and Zhao finally won gold. Heck, the Americans came a long way from their 2 pairs from 2010!

Starting orders are up. All formatted!

Thank you for creating such an informative and well formatted OP.

Everybody else, WATCH AND LEARN. :biggrin:

S/S go last and fortunately, not right after V/T. Hmm, they usually skates better before V/T and a good skate from V/T might spook them.
But how amazing would it be to end the competition with a clean throw 3A! A dream come true!

Too much drama button tonight for me I guess but I have this mental image of Savchenko falling flat on her face and giving herself a concussion. :slink:

I'll be much calmer if they leave 3A in the locker room. But then, if I was in their shoes, I'd prefer to go down fighting instead of spending the rest of my life thinking 'What if?'

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'll be much calmer if they leave 3A in the locker room. But then, if I was in their shoes, I'd prefer to go down fighting instead of spending the rest of my life thinking 'What if?'

Yes, I am also torn, part of me wants them to end on a high note with at least a silver medal (their career is still absolutely amazing even without the Olympic gold medal and I am pretty sure they will be remembered many years to come as one of the greatest pair skater from the modern era) and yet I want them to fight till the very end with everything in their arsenal, even if they go down the rankings because they go down as champions who would not settle for any less than gold.

UnChosen

On the Ice
This is similar to 2010. Pang and Tong skated 3rd in the final flight. Aliona and Robin skated 2nd in that group, but skating last this time around.

Part of me wants to rewatch the 2010 FS. What a difference 4 years make: Max and Tanya had different (and weaker) partners, Robin messed up in the FS, Pang and Tong won the night for me, and Shen and Zhao finally won gold. Heck, the Americans came a long way from their 2 pairs from 2010!

No current skaters could come close to matching Shen and Zhao's artistry and musicality though. Even though the PCS scores are higher compared to 2010 it is mostly due to inflation across the board. I just rewatched the 2010 pairs SP and S/Z's program make V/T's looks incredibly bland in comparison.

What would excite me in the FS tomorrow is if S/S pulls a 2010 Pang/Tong...skate a brilliant clean program and gets rewarded big and overtakes skaters they usually couldn't beat in the process. Not likely to happen though since V/T has a 2 falls cushion.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Okay I am not sure where this two fall cushion is there is one jump difference and if the Germans land the quad it is almost even. But really I am not sure if if I personally want a lot of one shot wonders ie. Abbott, S quared skating cleanly when they never usually do that. At least with Kim,Lipnksaya, V and T they usually have a good shot at being clean.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I just hate the Jesus Christ Superstar program. Why couldn't they win the Olympics with a good program? If they fall once with that program and lose to a clean S/S that'd be a travesty. If it was their program from last year or the year before, I wouldn't care as much. I really love S/S's program this year (I know people disagree) so it'd be that much more annoying if V/T won b/c of a 3-4 point gap in PCS for instance (if there's a fall).

I doubt we'll see a one fall V/T though so figuring out the gap is probably irrelevant. I thought he looked really nervous today and still skated great. She was the one who messed up in the GPF and she looked very calm. Don't see the pressure getting to them tomorrow, but we'll see.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
:confused: S/S's programs in 2010 were far superior to S/Z's. But they imploded and that was that.

Out of Africa is probably my favourite pair FS ever. So amazingly beautiful. Send in the Clowns was magnificent too. They really had gold medal material there :(

I never understood the phenomenon of S/Z. Most of their career they were incredibly boring and not artistic at all.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
V/T will get much higher PCS regardless of who lands what.

I think S/S skating after V/T is a good thing. If V/T go clean, game over, and S/S can decide if it's worth the risk to go for the 3A. Plus, at least, if V/T go clean, there will be no need to go stingy with the scores for the Germans at least (like today, when the judges wanted to make sure that if V/T make mistakes, S/S won't be too far ahead). If V/T have another LP meltdown I don't know if Russia can afford another scandal if S/S go clean and they don't win.
Maybe one error will be acceptable but 2 vs a clean S/S will get people hysterical

s_parks

Record Breaker
I am dying for s/s to deliver and land that 3Ath(more importantly, though, go clean). Gold medal or not though, they will be legends after they retire. Sorry to sound bitter but it pains me to know that v/t could fall and make another big mistake and still win. ah, whatver. may the best performance win.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Out of Africa is probably my favourite pair FS ever. So amazingly beautiful. Send in the Clowns was magnificent too. They really had gold medal material there :(

Part of me wished they went back to The Mission. Personally, that's my favorite FS from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBjAhoDzz8 But The Nutcracker is nice too.

I want them to go out on a high note, full with throw 3As! Ditto with Pang and Tong!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It pains me more that lol that s squared coud win on a fluke that they finally land the triple axel.

mazzy

Spectator
While we're all in nostalgic mood, I'd like to remind of L'Oiseau which probably was their most risky programme. I believe the only time they really got it together was at Euros and it was just magical because it hypnotised the whole arena. I don't know if that was my favourite programme of theirs (they had many great programmes), but it probably was the one which showcased how special they are.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Perfect order for the Russians.
Your gut should tell you that V\T are not going to miss this one, But if it's Euros all over again,
S\K are right after and will get the PCS inflation they need to cover that ground, And there wont be 2 Russian messes ;)

UnChosen

On the Ice
:confused: S/S's programs in 2010 were far superior to S/Z's. But they imploded and that was that.

Their program design was superior, but S/S tends to not execute their programs to their full potential when it counts...you can visibly see them get nervous and tense up while the Chinese can still skate perfect with a smile on their face.

Which is why I'm desperately rooting for them in the FS to skate "perfect" because V/T doesn't do it for me performance wise and Pang/Tong is totally out of medal contention.