2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PENG Cheng / ZHANG Hao (CHN)

Music: Yellow River Concerto

She's in sparkly lime yellow/green dress. He's in black pants, blue sparkly blouse

4Tw - very nice
3T+2T - she is low, hand down on 3T
2A - she's very tilted, hard fall
FCCoSp
PCoSp
3LoTh - nice
ChSq
3STh - also good
Li
FiDs - nice catchfoot variation
Li
Li

Sadly, not their best as she had big problems on both sbs jumps. Must be nerves

FS: 64.81+61.32-1.00 = 125.13, 195.72, in 4th (out of 12)

emma

Record Breaker
Yay for Kristen and Dilan - way to go US pairs!! First time that I'm seeing Peng and Zhang is at this Olympics - I really like their programs and costumes. Too bad on the falls on the jumps from her, but I hope to see them continue to skate!

Robeye

Final Flight
Ah, man, Peng let Zhang down. How big would that score be if she hadn't missed her jumps?

It's a good thing for her that he's not Scottie Moir :laugh:.

I love the Yellow River Concerto. Michelle skated to that when she was 12 or so. I can't wait to see this program this evening, mistakes and all. Sorry she had such trouble with the jumps.

DaveT

On the Ice
Okay that was a cool Death Spiral.
The Chinese? Not as good here as SP. I thought they clearly had best DS and SBS jumps in SP. She misses both SBS in long but I still find her lovely, wonder if he can last long enough for her to become soup?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The Chinese? Not as good here as SP. I thought they clearly had best DS and SBS jumps in SP. She misses both SBS in long but I still find her lovely, wonder if he can last long enough for her to become soup?

I meant cool in the sense that she had a catchfoot during it.

Robeye

Final Flight
Don't ever let it be said that GS members let anything slide. :laugh: Three posts in a row at 1:03.

edit: four :biggrin:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Thank God they didn't put the Russian team ahead of M-T/M.

I was holding my breath for that. I thought for sure they would try to pull that. So close between B/L and D/R but seems right considering the fall and hand down on the Canadians.

Darn that 3S for MT/M ... it might cost them a bronze, but I can picture S/K getting huge PCS no matter how they perform and the Germans and V/T going 1-2.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peng needs to find a partner closer to her age that will last for the next decade or so with her.