Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

Alba

Record Breaker
This is very strange and sad. :scowl: I really hope this is just been fed up with this season and they need to regroup. From Mozer's interview it sounds that if they are to add the content and move around the elements, as well as showing different presentation aspects, they need to start now, and rejected is the option to try to train both at the same time. They've decided to focus on next season and look toward 2018.

They've been training on new elements during the whole season, and today I was wondering if that was a good idea. Practicing new elements but doing othes in competition. It's like working on two different programs. Not the best strategy apparently.
If what Mozer says it's true, then I'm very hopeful for the next season.

Last edited:

salchowx4

On the Ice
I think this is close to unprecedented. I have to wonder if there is more friction going on than we know and they are 'separated' so to speak and are just giving it time to see if they want to make the split official. Just so shocking.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think this is close to unprecedented. I have to wonder if there is more friction going on than we know and they are 'separated' so to speak and are just giving it time to see if they want to make the split official. Just so shocking.

That's what I'm thinking too, but a split like this is very strange and with whom are they going to skate? :frown:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think they will split. Maybe they need time to recollect themselves.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think they will split. Maybe they need time to recollect themselves.

I hope so but Mozer's interview was so vague, and the journalists didn't push her to give some more informations, reasons, either. :confused:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ksenia posted photos on her dog's Instagram :p of her & Fedor together in the past couple days. I'm usually against trying to read too much into vague social media posts, but maybe it's her way of saying that all is ok between them. The dog ;) also posted a pic of them hugging after the Euros.

I was going to put this in the other thread, but people seem to be having fun letting their imaginations run wild with all kinds of lurid theories...so be it.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Ksenia posted photos on her dog's Instagram :p of her & Fedor together in the past couple days. I'm usually against trying to read too much into vague social media posts, but maybe it's her way of saying that all is ok between them. The dog ;) also posted a pic of them hugging after the Euros.

Thanks gallavich. :) Is this run by her or by her fans?

Alba

Record Breaker
It's hers...she has one for her other dog as well. I think Kovtun was the one to start the trend with an IG account for his dog, now several of the skaters have them.

:laugh: I didn't know about this. I had no idea she had another dog either. :biggrin:

Apparently what Mozer said it's true. According to the news they have chosen the music and the choreo is going to be done by Morozov. :hopelessness:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am sorry that we won't get to see them compete for so long, but it's their career, their choice. They don't really have to answer to anyone except their Fed. Maybe their strategy will backfire, maybe not, only time will tell. I think the criticism is a little over the top, but I guess Ksenia has already been pigeonholed as the ultimate diva and nothing is going to change that perception for the ones who feel that way...no matter how many puppy pics she posts. :laugh:

Some people seem to practically salivate at the idea of them failing or breaking up...do they need drama in their lives that badly?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am sorry that we won't get to see them compete for so long, but it's their career, their choice. They don't really have to answer to anyone except their Fed. Maybe their strategy will backfire, maybe not, only time will tell. I think the criticism is a little over the top, but I guess Ksenia has already been pigeonholed as the ultimate diva and nothing is going to change that perception for the ones who feel that way...no matter how many puppy pics she posts. :laugh:

Some people seem to practically salivate at the idea of them failing or breaking up...do they need drama in their lives that badly?

The looks that she gives Fedor and her general demeanor for some time has been cause for concern. I just worry if this comes from her or from the pressure put on them by the fed. Also for the fed to go along with a decision like this so early in the quad is quite telling. It gives me the impression that they will do ANYTHING FOR A MEDAL. Could any federation just proclaim, without some medical reason that their arguably number one team will not compete at worlds, without a medical reason? Anyways, getting back to the point, her attitude IMHO screams unhealthy, diva doesn't quite capture it.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I posted in the fan thread and not the other thread for a reason. I'm not interested in conspiracy theories or tarring and feathering a couple skaters for something that ultimately affects only them. And I don't think Ksenia is an angel, but she is who she is, and I like her anyway.

Alba

Record Breaker
It gives me the impression that they will do ANYTHING FOR A MEDAL.

And that's bad? Aliona is doing anything for a medal, what's wrong about that? Unless you are hurting other people and this clearly is not the case.

Could any federation just proclaim, without some medical reason that their arguably number one team will not compete at worlds, without a medical reason?

Yes they can, and I do appreciate the fact that they didn't come out with a fake reason such as illness or fake injury.

Anyways, getting back to the point, her attitude IMHO screams unhealthy, diva doesn't quite capture it.

This is a decision taken by both of them and their team. What this got to do with the diva thing? They did not ask for special consideration. They earned their spot by competing this season, while they could very well taken this whole time to work on the things they needed to work on, and just get a pass for Euros or Worlds. But above all they are not preventing anyone else from competing by pulling out too late. On the contrary, it's a great chance for young team like A&R.

I like skaters who compete no matter what. I loved Yulia even more this season for the same reason. I would've loved to see Ksenia and Fedor skate at worlds, but they don't have to bother themselves with what others might think about them. They have to do what they think it's best for them, not for us or ISU.
I'm sure this was not an easy decision for them. They love to compete and they are ambitious, but hard decisions are not risk-free nor cost-free. If they, and their team, think this is the best thing for them, they should do it and have all the rights to do so. Time will tell whether it was a good decision or not.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
And that's bad? Aliona is doing anything for a medal, what's wrong about that? Unless you are hurting other people and this clearly is not the case.

Yes they can, and I do appreciate the fact that they didn't come out with a fake reason such as illness or fake injury.

This is a decision taken by both of them and their team. What this got to do with the diva thing? They did not ask for special consideration. They earned their spot by competing this season, while they could very well taken this whole time to work on the things they needed to work on, and just get a pass for Euros or Worlds. But above all they are not preventing anyone else from competing by pulling out too late. On the contrary, it's a great chance for young team like A&R.

I like skaters who compete no matter what. I loved Yulia even more for this season for that reason. I would've loved to see Ksenia and Fedor skate at worlds, but they don't have to bother themselves with what others might think about them. They have to do what they think it's best for them, not for us or ISU.
I'm sure this was not an easy decision for them. They love to compete and they are ambitious, but hard decisions are not risk-free nor cost-free. If they, and their team, think this is the best thing for them, they should do it and have all the rights to do so. Time will tell whether it was a good decision or not.

I hear your points Alba and they are well within their rights, but something just seems so off, IMHO. Who would scoff at any world medal? Sportsmanship and good will are tangible things also. They can lift a pair of skaters to places that hard work alone cannot accomplish. Unless NM has some masterpiece set aside for them, this just doesn't seem worth it. But time will tell.

Alba

Record Breaker
I hear your points Alba and they are well within their rights, but something just seems so off, IMHO.

Well, it's not usual that's for sure. I don't remember other cases, so of course it seems off. I don't like this decision either. I would've love to see them skate great at Worlds and close the season with a good competition, no matter the final placement. Also, I'm sure some of their fans most probably have bought tickets just to see them live. I went to Bordeaux just to see them and Yulia, for example.

Who would scoff at any world medal? Sportsmanship and good will are tangible things also. They can lift a pair of skaters to places that hard work alone cannot accomplish. Unless NM has some masterpiece set aside for them, this just doesn't seem worth it. But time will tell.

I don't think they would scoff at any world medal either. Because even with the biggest tech in the world you don't have 100& assurance of a win. I mean, you can fall or make stupid mistakes, just like they did at Europeans for example.
They might win the gold medal even now, if D&R makes mistakes. Anything can happen. I think this has mainly to do with them and their feelings and ideas about this. They made a miscalculation at the start of the season and now they have the feeling of being powerless, no matter how good they might skate, because they do not have the weapons to fight an "equal" battle. That could be very frustrating and discouraging, and the last two competitions (RN and Euros) only made it worse? I don't know, just speculating here. Maybe that's what they are looking for the next season. An "equal" battle/chance, not being considered lower than their opponents in advance.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, that's it Alba, they had flawed skates especially at EC. Is that the last impression they would want to leave the judges with? Wouldn't they want to end their year on a high note with two, good, clean performances? Why would such elite athletes not even want to try? Anything could happen at worlds, anything..
But really I am over it though as I really enjoy this new team of Christina and Alex. While technical content would help S/K, it would be even greater if they would develop some real chemistry, artistry and actual choreography.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, that's it Alba, they had flawed skates especially at EC. Is that the last impression they would want to leave the judges with?

I wish it could've been different. But this is the decision they've taken, and I only hope it's the right one. I wish them all the best because I love their skating.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I wish it could've been different. But this is the decision they've taken, and I only hope it's the right one. I wish them all the best because I love their skating.

Yep, let's hope they know what they're doing.