Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lipnitskia's score is about right for what she did. Sotnikova should be a point or two behind Kostner.

I agree about Sotnikova, I thoroughly disagree about Julia:

1) She did flutz, and didn't get called on it.

2) She fell (a downgraded fall at that) and her PCS was 33.08. In the team SP her clean SP got 33.51. At Euros where she went clean, her SP PCS was 31.91.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
How come was the bias possible when the judges are not all Russians?

Um, there are non-Russian judges who are quite possibly in cahoots with the Russians and still give them "Russian judge" scores. You can tell from the scores.

e.g. Julia getting a 9.25 for Performance when all other judges gave her 7.75-8.50.

And Sotnikova received PCS of 9.50, 9.25, 9.75, 9.50, 9.75 from a non-Russian judge. I'm sure, whoever they are, they're collecting a lovely little paycheque signed by Putin himself.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She looks like she flutzed there too and it wasn't called. That makes me very excited for the LP because maybe Adelina's usual flutz will be overlooked.

She did flutz. It's a travesty her 3Z+3T was marked just 0.4 shy of Kim's. Even the landing of the lutz was shaky, and almost under-rotated.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Um, there are non-Russian judges who are quite possibly in cahoots with the Russians and still give them "Russian judge" scores. You can tell from the scores.

e.g. Julia getting a 9.25 for Performance when all other judges gave her 7.75-8.50.

And Sotnikova received PCS of 9.50, 9.25, 9.75, 9.50, 9.75 from a non-Russian judge. I'm sure, whoever they are, they're collecting a lovely little paycheque signed by Putin himself.

source and proof ?
what a hypocrite, thats like saying V/M got a fix and won silver instead

Im sure the paycheck is all saved
for Skate Canada International ;)
aka the most corrupted Grand Prix

To me, the scoring was OK except for all the +3 and +2 GOEs that Adelina raked in. Her elements were fine, but not better than Yuna's.

Julia benefitted from being a pre-event gold medal contender. Even with the fall they didn't mark her down much from where they expected her to be.

Gracie's marks were OK, a little on the generous side if anything, IMHO.

Kostner was magnificent. I have no problem with her being up there alongside Kim.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
source and proof ?
what a hypocrite, thats like saying V/M got a fix and won silver instead

Im sure the paycheck is all saved
for Skate Canada International ;)
aka the most corrupted Grand Prix

Shouldn't you be spending your time doing better things than bash Skate Canada?

Maybe you should write a letter whining to the judges saying they should have given greater PCS points to Gracie's Hollywood looks so that she wasn't given the 8th best PCS?

And also in that letter, you should also complain that Wagner's PCS was higher than Julia's and Gold's instead of lower as you predicted? ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Shouldn't you be spending your time doing better things than bash Skate Canada?

Maybe you should write a letter whining to the judges saying they should have given greater PCS points to Gracie's Hollywood looks so that she wasn't given the 8th best PCS?

And also in that letter, you should also complain that Wagner's PCS was higher than Julia's and Gold's instead of lower as you predicted? ;)

it wont matter in the FS ;)
I agree, I will send a letter to Skate Canada
but alas goes to their junk mail :disapp:

Wagner skated very well except for missing the triple-triple. She deserved slightly higher PCSs than Gracie this time.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yet again, the judges went overboard with her PCS scores. 33.08 with a fall vs. 33.51 clean in the team SP 31.91 for a clean Euros SP. :rolleye:

ranjake

Final Flight
So, is giving a high score to Russians the judges' "purely voluntary" appreciation to Russia's hosting the Games?
Plus Russia fell out of Hockey medal contention today :) Just kidding. I like these Russian games, I actually ordered a Matryoshka (sp?) Doll- I just don't get this scoring today and because it's the Olympcs, it makes me a little sad.

gmyers

Record Breaker
If no one is going to say fall means nothing more than 5 what can be done? If no one is going to say if a skater is 15 they can't get over 5 in PCS what can be done?

evangeline

Record Breaker
His remarks seem to me a lot nicer than my anti-Putin tirade.:laugh:

Julia is a teenaged skater whose only crime is being scored generously by the judges, something that is entirely beyond her control.

Putin, on the other hand, is a thuggish dictator who oversees a repressive state where homophobia is encouraged, journalists are assassinated and any effective form of opposition is crushed.

Vladimir Putin deserves every bit of our contempt. Julia Lipnitskaya, on the other hand, does not.

JYSkate

Rinkside
To me, the scoring was OK except for all the +3 and +2 GOEs that Adelina raked in. Her elements were fine, but not better than Yuna's.

Julia benefitted from being a pre-event gold medal contender. Even with the fall they didn't mark her down much from where they expected her to be.

Gracie's marks were OK, a little on the generous side if anything, IMHO.

Kostner was magnificent. I have no problem with her being up there alongside Kim.

^ this. Though I have to admit I was happy to see Gracie score what she did. Kostner should be really proud of her sp!