Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Plus Russia fell out of Hockey medal contention today :) Just kidding. I like these Russian games, I actually ordered a Matryoshka (sp?) Doll- I just don't get this scoring today and because it's the Olympcs, it makes me a little sad.

Yikes, I saw that.... I fear for their families. :eek:

Jewels

On the Ice
Yeah there wasn't any Russian judges. But still, the scores were inflated for both russian skaters, 65 with a fall/higher goe and pcs than Caro and Yuna-the scores for russians were generous, nobody can deny that.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Just saw it. I liked Adelina, but she should not have been that high. I expected Julia to be held up, since she's unstoppable, but the judging system continues to be very flawed when it comes to deductions. Her very visible error counted for less than Ashley's less obvious error, it seems.

Overall, though, a great competition. What a heartbreaker for Mao, though.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
Thanks God she fell. She has absolute no skating skills, almost being stuck in those footwork sections. Not to mention those ugly tiny little jumps which have no chance to pass the test of puberty monster.

bebevia

On the Ice
...Which thread was merged in here to talk about mainly none-Yulia? I had commented here too?

wootie

Match Penalty
I was really shocked when she fell on the flip. She never falls on that jump. To be honest, though, I wasn't particularly sad since I don't find Yulia to be a beautiful skater. There is something oddly perverse about her machine-like nature that rubs me the wrong way. Anyway, I'm sure she'll do well in the long program and possibly medal, although hopefully she won't be anywhere near the gold.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Thanks God she fell. She has absolute no skating skills, almost being stuck in those footwork sections. Not to mention those ugly tiny little jumps which have no chance to pass the test of puberty monster.

how nice trolling
threatened by your Queen ?

bsfan

On the Ice
There is rule to follow for her deduction and Ashley's. The judges know it. They don't deduct point based on whether the error is obvious or not to stay-at-home viewers. I watched NBC last night. The slow motion showed clearly the << from Ashley's 2nd triple.

"Thanks God she fell. She has absolute no skating skills, almost being stuck in those footwork sections. Not to mention those ugly tiny little jumps which have no chance to pass the test of puberty monster. "

When people bash about Russian audience, they need to check back these forumers to see how 'good' they are.

Ace

Rinkside

Horrible post. Why be so mean?
Anyway Julia is amazing and it was sad to see her fall today and yesterday. But she has a gold medal and will have a great future :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Anyway Julia is amazing and it was sad to see her fall today and yesterday. But she has a gold medal and will have a great future :)

agreed, the bots deserves a block

anyways, dont cry Julia
you are still an Olympic Gold medalist :yes:
and you still have the future to look forward to

Amei

Record Breaker

Agree, some of the comments on this board about the Russian skaters, like the post you referenced are deplorable.

Agree, I hope she skates flawlessly at Worlds and leaves the season on a high note. And she is only 15, she could easily go to the next Olympics.

Manitou

Medalist
I can tell she was overwhelmed by the weight of expectations. It was probably too much for her. She is only 15 and after the Teams the entire Russia was after her.
I am sure she would skate thousand times better if the OG were outside of Russia.