Savchenko wants to continue... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Savchenko wants to continue...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Smir is a weak jumper. How many times has he messed up in big events? Already half crippled as well.
Go for someone young who can jump.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I dont see that happening though, that would mean Savchenko hopping into another citizenhip, lol
I guess she will become a Fumie Suguri of Pairs sadly

Fumie isn't a 4-time world champion, or 2-time Olympic medalist.

Why do you feel the need to bring Fumie into this as a way of disparaging Aliona and Fumie?

What possesses you to say such mean things about skaters?

hanca

Record Breaker
Smir is a weak jumper. How many times has he messed up in big events? Already half crippled as well.
Go for someone young who can jump.

Rogonov? Martiusheva-Rogonov split up...Rogonov has always been a solid jumper.

elif

Medalist
Robin Szolkowy only 1.75m says Wikipedia.:eek: I didn't know that. :laugh: So height won't be a problem.:cool: Brubaker and Tran is 1.75m, Rogonov is 1.80m.

Just thinking her with a good jumper makes me happy. This cold be unstoppable.:love:

cinnamon

On the Ice
Smirnov's leg can't take it, that's why they announced (before his injury in autumn) this would be their last season. Yuko, on the other hand, would like to continue, but it's too much for her to start with a new partner again, agreed to finish their competition.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Tran! Decent jumper, expressive, had very good pair elements with Takahashi.

Yes! I was just having this thought. In addition to the advantages you listed, he's the same height as Robin, he's relatively young and he's been on the world podium before.

And teams have been known to split after a disappointment (such not making the Olympics)...

I wonder if Savchenko herself has anyone in mind.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
But Tran went through a heartbreak of pairing up with non-Canadian and didn't go anywhere.
He would not compete for Germany. He wouldn't move to Germany.
I don't think she wants to compete for Canada or moves away from her coach either.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe? :biggrin:

I would have to disagree that Duhamel is the weaker link. I think they're about equal. I would say she falls more on the SBS jumps, but he struggles with the lifts at times.

Manitou

Medalist
Artur Dmitriev will be a great choice. She will return to her homeland and train together with Moskvina... :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
But Tran went through a heartbreak of pairing up with non-Canadian and didn't go anywhere.
He would not compete for Germany. He wouldn't move to Germany.
I don't think she wants to compete for Canada or moves away from her coach either.

It would certainly be complicated to pair up with Tran or any skater from a country other than Germany, but if she's serious about carrying on I really don't see any possibility that would be an ideal solution. There aren't any pairs skaters in Germany anywhere near where she and Robin were, so either she teams up with someone below her skill level in the hopes he can catch up, or she tries a partnership with another world-class pairs skater from a different country and deals with the complexity of that. Either way, it'll be difficult.

That's assuming she's going to try to go through with this. It may be that her deep disappointment is talking right now, and she'll see things differently in a few months.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I don't think this will end up in something...
If it does, Rogonov does indeed have great qualities, but I don't know how Aliona would feel about being the "grandma" in the couple, with him being - and looking! - so young...
Tran would fit, imo, I always liked the guy and felt really bad for him losing the Olympics because of a nationality issue.

Just as a laugh: Brian Joubert has always said (as a joke) many years ago that he wanted to win the Olympics as a singles skater and then win the Olympics as a pairs skater... So: here's your shot, dude! You won't find any better available lady to partner with! ;)

If she and her new partner need another country to quickly provide them with citizenship for 2018, they can always skate for Israel. Amazing how many Ukranians ended up representing Israel in Figure Skating, even when not residing there.

BlackPack

Medalist
Can skating get anymore histrionic these days?:slink:

I nominate Chaz Michael Michaels to be her partner. Sex on ice. With her looking so good in mini skirts, only he would do.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I don't think that , if she really said that, that she relly think like that. She was in the heat of the disaster, she still had the adrenaline in her body.

I think it would be very very difficult for someone having 30 years and the level she has to adjust to a new partner. Not impossible, but very hard to get to a similar level. Especially for the woman, as she must adjust to the power the man brings.

I hope tehy will come for a last hurraaaa at the WM, they still have a shot at a silver even a gold if the russian are now relaxing.

Sara

On the Ice
Didn't Joubert say he would be interested to try pair skating :p Brian and Aliona :D

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Joubert would be great for her. They have that athletic look down!
Jboo can still land triples easily. They should be competitive immediately.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
uh, you guys are aware that this is a rumour, and Aliona denied this? It is just interpretation of her saying she'd like to continue. She is very ambitious and her dreams were crushed. But how realistic is this? Think about it! I honestly don't think she will continue, the only way I see it happening is with Robin.

But Brian and Aliona...wow, great thinking! That would be a fantastic pair ;)!